Don't worry about me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't worry about me

So, just thought I'd be nice and say don't start worrying if you don't see me on for the next week or two. I just read the patch notes and nearly punched a hole through my monitor. Yes, it's that bad. SOE thinks they can give us some new carbines and the straight-pull and justify shafting all the factions. NC got it the worst, as usual. I need to step away now because I'm too pissed off at SOE to play that game with a level head, and I don't make a good soldier when I'm not level headed. I'll catch up with yall a bit later. Maybe I'll still do some air but for now you can forget about getting me on foot or in armor. Looks like the air was the only thing not nerfed to heck and back this patch. See yall in some libs then!

Re: Don't worry about me

1. Air got mega nerfed with 12 second nanite delay

2. Its all not that big of a deal. Relax. They cant take away our community and exploration of new tactics.. can they?

Honestly I think they are making every thing garbage so that it promotes team play; if it takes 1 minute of firing to take down an infels sheild then we would be forced to coordinate our fire more eh? ... lol nah I just wrote this to fill up the post. But please discuss this concept!
    SPEAK UP! and lets combat the fog of war together.

Comment

Not exactly. The game is free to play, but of course SOE needs to make money on the game. Therefore introducing new weapons that are OP, nerfing items, etc. is they way they do this--this is normal I think for F2P. It has nothing to do with balance. That being said, everybody has to use what is available in game, so yes, tactics really do come into play.

So, don't take it personally, we all have to use the same items and mechanics everybody else does.

Comment

The new carbines were necessary and not at all "OP". They filled an area that was formerly not available to the factions. (.75x ADS for NC and Vanu, 167 damage profile for TR)

A lot of the "nerfs" weren't exactly bad, they were designed to promote more class variety. Nanite auto-repair isn't a big deal if you know how to use the other defense slots (would have preferred a rework over a flat weakening of the ability.
        The biggest ones were the enforcer and vanguard shield.
        I would have liked them to introduce a mag-size upgrade to go with the reload upgrade (so you could have one or the other). I think i'll just use the halberd from now on (at least until I max out the reload on enforcer).
        The shield isn't a huge deal, I rarely ever use those extra 2 seconds of shield time and when I do, it's in a 3v1 fights which is NOT OK by any description. I would have VASTLY prefer a rework to the shield over what I was given now... I hardly use the shield as is.

All infantry changes were extremely light changes that made weapons fit their intended roles much better.

For the most part these changes are minimal. I feel a lot of the tank changes were extremely rushed but they weren't detrimental to game play by any huge margin.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
          Not exactly. The game is free to play, but of course SOE needs to make money on the game. Therefore introducing new weapons that are OP, nerfing items, etc. is they way they do this--this is normal I think for F2P.
          That's normal... for a really shady operation. While it's insanely difficult to shake the perception of this given the obvious conflict of interest, everything I've seen from the SOE team has indicated that they're interested in doing F2P right and not screwing people over for a quick buck, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, nobody ever says this when the new weapon comes out and it's garbage until they buff it a patch or two later. Duster and Hornet are good examples of THAT happening.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
            That's normal... for a really shady operation. While it's insanely difficult to shake the perception of this given the obvious conflict of interest, everything I've seen from the SOE team has indicated that they're interested in doing F2P right and not screwing people over for a quick buck, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Besides, nobody ever says this when the new weapon comes out and it's garbage until they buff it a patch or two later. Duster and Hornet are good examples of THAT happening.
            Well, maybe I am being too pessimistic and am wrong. However, it seems like a great way to generate money. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
              Well, maybe I am being too pessimistic and am wrong. However, it seems like a great way to generate money. :-)
              If you want to see F2P gone P2W, go check out Ghost Recon Phantoms (formerly Ghost Recon Online). I played the heck out of that game two years ago but then it started going P2W and has gone downhill ever since to the point of making me sick. It's an insult to the Ghost Recon name.
              Planetside has actually been very good about not being so (though it feels grindy at times :/ ). Implants concern me mildly but that is heavily dependent on how it's implemented so I hold all judgments until something is actually on the PTS.

There seems to be some confusion as to what speficially I'm so annoyed with, so lemme lay it out there.
              1) MANA turrets. AV got a much needed nerf. AP had VS and NC shields nerfed to match TR coverage. I say nerf because TR has decent head coverage (something NC lacks badly) but has no flank coverage. The thing's like hiding behind a telephone pole. Rather than buffing the TR and not having to nerf everyone else as bad (or at all), they hit two factions with a pretty hefty nerf rather than one with a moderate buff. Sh** call in my book.
              2) Anti-armor vehicle secondaries. All of them got tweaked. Saron was hit with a much needed nerf bat to prevent it being an infantry sniper cannon. Vuclan got a buff (which concerns me but I reserve judgment until I find out if I'm getting slaughtered by it more or less) to improve it's usefulness at distance. Enforcer was supposedly too effective against armor. It's an anti-tank weapon. What are we supposed to do? snipe infantry? It ain't the halberd so it isn't super good at that. Nerfing an anti-armor weapon in the anti-armor role is about the dumbest thing I can fathom considering (assuming it's still valid, which it should be as vehicle vs vehicle combat hasn't changed really since it's posting) the article I'll link below basically says TL;DR, the vanguard is underperforming in the tank vs tank arena.
              3) Vanguard shield. Timer is a moot point, it's knocking 1000 damage off the shield's strength. Again, see that article (which is old but I think should still be up-to-date enough to be relevant). If the vanguard is underperforming, why nerf the thing?

Remember, these are my personal opinions. You don't have to agree with me, you just have to know that I strongly disagree with the above changes and will be spending less time in game for the next week or so as a result.

Random sidenote: as for the duster, that thing needs a lot more love than what it got. It should take 7-8 shots to expand the CoF to maximum (yes, new maximum) and should start with near laser accuracy (enough to hit a harasser at 150+ meters). It needs it's splash damage brought up to be able to one-shot infantry if within the max damage range. Basically, convert it to a weapon for farming mass infantry huddles and picking off smaller groups with good trigger disipline.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X