X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Combat Medic Update

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...update.185337/

New ability: Shield regeneration device
    This deployable repairs the shields of all nearby allies at a constant rate, even if shields are on cooldown.
    1 new Assault Rifle per Empire
    Added Adrenalin Pump to Suit slot
    Medics can now equip battle rifles
    Increased lifespan of heal grenades so they can be used similar to a thrown Restoration Kit
    Triage now heals allies in a radius around the vehicle

In addition to the above changes, we are working on moving revive on the medic tool to the right mouse button. This isn't far enough in testing to be released with the initial update, but will be released as soon as it's ready.
    Thoughts?

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: Combat Medic Update

There's not that much there really.

Heal grenade times = excellent
    Medic tool right mouse button = nice touch
    Weapons = fine

What are the implications of the Triage changes?

I don't like the Adrenaline Pump for Medics. It devalues it on the classes that should genuinely be fastest.

Originally posted by MrJengles
    Agreed. Heavies are at the front, followed by Medics and Engineers - who can already keep pace. Adrenaline pump only fits LAs and Infiltrators as flanking classes.

The only other thing you could do is slow Heavies so there are 3 tiers but I don't think that's needed.

Also, Adrenaline Pump needs to be improved, maybe a limited sprint + cool down, with or without a smaller passive effect.

Initially I liked seeing the Medic Shield Recharge Ability but then I saw a lot of players commenting that it should be an Engineer thing. There's also suggestions for a deployable heal station, in which case, there may as well be a deployable shield recharge. Obviously, we may not get those, but to help decide who should get what I assumed we will:

Would you rather the Medic and Engineer stick to health and shields, respectively, and cross-over in method of delivery; or Medics stick to abilities and Engineers stick to deployables, crossing over on the support offered? Which is the "role" - what you do or how you do it?

Honestly, I'm leaning toward Medics with deployables and Engineers helping keep people alive because: 1) it makes for a change in gameplay, 2) it mixes class weapons and position within a squad and 3) It would help with class balance. Medics are already more valued than Engineers because keeping people alive is so important, and I'd imagine mobile abilities will always be the stronger of the two (room breaching etc.).

Something else not on the list that was suggested are deployable spawn points:
    Originally posted by Vindicore
    Wrel suggested giving medics an ability to place a respawn point, which I imagine would follow the same rules as a Sunderer with regards to no deploy radius in enemy bases and in relation to each other.

Perhaps make them squad only, or perhaps have only a certain number of uses before they despawn to balance them out.

With this fights don't rely on large obvious Sunderers and spawn beacons to keep going, making it easier for fights to continue away from bases.
    Originally posted by MrJengles
    This would be excellent!

Although I wouldn't want them to overlap with squad beacons and, obviously, they have to be more limited than a Sunderer.

Maybe give them a limited spawn rate, so individual timers are affected by how much the spawn point is being used by everyone, not how much you spawn in. To make things a little simpler and encourage people moving together, they could be forced to spawn in waves, say every 30 seconds.

Also, add the ability to lock to squad/platoon only (to help with squad cohesion and tactics), but unlocked to all by default.

The spawn should at least cost resources to buy, and could cost resources to keep running but I wouldn't want it to despawn.

Finally, I posted my list of revive changes if anyone's interested:
    Summary post in Combat Medic Update - https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...4#post-2685442
    Original post - Revives Reworked - Mechanics, XP, Stats and UI

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

The triage change is very interesting. It could make the idea of a fire-support Harasser attached to an infantry squad even more appealing. If it places that goddamn green glow around you though it'll just be a massive annoyance.

Medics - unless I'm below half-health in a firefight, focus on shooting the enemy rather than lighting me up like a christmas tree. Especially at night!

Re: Shield deplyables for engineers
      Eh... even as a person who primarily plays engineer I'll be the first to admit that the engineer is already a jack-of-all-trades. Good in infantry combat (especially in CQB with the diabolical GD-7F), the ONLY choice when it comes to vehicles, not to mention repairing MAX units, turrets, consoles, and other vehicles, the only class which can resupply ammo (any class can heal itself with medpacks or even passive biolab regen), anti-tank OR anti-infantry mines, anti-tank OR anti-infantry deployable turrets, and anti-MAX grenades. There is no threat on the battlefield my engineer cannot respond to.

What the engineer could use is deployable cover / tank traps... but that's a topic for another time.

Re: Medic-deployable respawns
      I like a lot of Wrel's ideas, but I don't see how this is any sort of a good idea. There are already so many spawn options since the galaxy/sunderer spawn changes, not to mention it overlaps with the squad leader's beacon, devalues beacon-hunting, and the medic already has a squad-replenishment role - bringing soldiers back from the dead.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Yeah, I could already rant all day about the abundance of easy spawn options that's making logistics play impossible, I'm very, VERY leery of medic-supplied respawns. The proper limitations might make them reasonable, but they could easily become another whack-a-mole element.

Comment

Guys... anyone know if Triage stacks? I'm aware it heals maxes... but if this stuff stacks I'm going do my invulnerable battle bus tactic, but fill it with 6 engineers and 6 medics.

[MENTION=29978]MrJengles[/MENTION] You were there when I did this. I only had level 3 armor and we only had 4 engineers.

Comment

Healing MAX units sounds like a bug. Has triage always healed MAX units?

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
              Healing MAX units sounds like a bug. Has triage always healed MAX units?
              Yes.

Comment

I guess the healing nanites use excess steel from the vehicles to patch up the suits. It makes perfect sense.

Comment

Nanites, ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Combat Medic Update

I have put certs into triage for over 6 months now. I believe I have gotten under 100 xp total using it. Any time there is mass infantry pickup it's usually at wg or through redeployment into a galaxy or sunderer.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I think you missed to read this, penny :
                      Triage now heals allies in a radius around the vehicle
                      Imagine how fun combined arms will become!

Comment

Originally posted by bregard031 View Post
                        I think you missed to read this, penny :

Imagine how fun combined arms will become!
                        Oh sorry, I meant before this update. This ability rarely ever had a use before this weeks update.

I wonder how big this radius will be and if we'll have medics gunning for parked sunderers.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

I did not understand! I will blame my lack of practice in English. :P

Comment

Depending on that radius, it might be profitable to have a medic sitting in a Sunderer or Harasser acting as IFV/fire support and moving in tight formation with infantry.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                              Depending on that radius, it might be profitable to have a medic sitting in a Sunderer or Harasser acting as IFV/fire support and moving in tight formation with infantry.
                              Again... The most important question here is
                              "Does it stack?" Cause I really really want it to stack :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X