Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge with Waterson incoming?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...or_a_waterson/

Looks like an east coast server merge might be in the cards. In that case, we should expect things to get pretty wild when it does... and for fights on every continent to be viable.

One thing we should keep an eye out for is recruitment and for boosting up the outfit wherever possible. A fresh player base means more opportunities for recruitment, but it's also a great way for previously stable outfits to get chewed apart by the situation (that happened to a lot of SolTech outfits during that merge, including my own). Keeping an eye out for recruits, running open squads, and generally keeping the quality bar high are all great ways to both take advantage of the situation and not get pulled out by the tide.

The other thing we're going to need to get used to is a lot of unfamiliar players and outfits. Anyone have any experience with Waterson? It'd be nice to know a bit about the outfits and playstyles there BEFORE they arrive.

Also, the Reddit thread has some people suggesting a server smash over which server gets to keep their name. That sounds like a fun idea, and if it ends up being the case TG should totally get in on that!

Re: Merge with Waterson incoming?

Hrmm, good news catch. We were talking about this on Scourge's twitch stream the other day. This is really what we need, large battles again, large armor battles.

Comment

This also means for many other outfits with experience coming in, so I really think we should put our best clothes on and impress so we can make some nice allies and make each other better by sharing information.
      Questions about those who deserve it!
      "Remember, no survivors" -Myself and probably what explains my methods the most

Comment

Im all for it!

I have a TR alt on waterson. NC is the strong faction there, so we will be getting that big NC outfit, i think its PHX. Also TR has alot of tactical outfits on waterson. I think all three factions will be balanced pretty well number wise. Since VS is the weaker faction im sure alot of those outfits will merge with matterson outfits... This should be fun =)

Comment

Found a decent breakdown of outfits on Waterson.

I'm excited to see what happens to our communities after this merge. Especially because Waterson has two NC air outfits, PREY and C150. It'll be good to have more pilots in the air.

Edit: Plus it looks like there's going to be a MatthersonxWaterson ServerSmash to determine who gets to keep their name.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

we all know mattherson is going to win that lol

Comment

Yeah, because we'll be there. ;)

What do we need to do to get in on this? Anyone know how server smashes typically work?

Comment

We could just compromise and call the new server Wattherson. :D
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Im not looking forward to the ques both to continents and servers entirely. Command chat will no doubt be an interesting spectacle to behold for a short while.

Have they justified why they are doing it? Are game pops dropping significantly enough to merge entire server pops? Did they increase the game/server performance enough to accommodate more people on one server?

Comment

Haven't heard anything, though quite frankly I'm not impressed with current server pop. Looks really low, like SolTech before the merge... there's a fight to be found outside Indar, but only barely.

I'm hoping the merge will come sometime after Hossin dropping. It'll make Hossin harder to actually access, but four continents would spread out the pop from the merge very nicely.

Comment

well this will be interesting, that will give me 2 NC, 1 TR and 1 VS all on one server

Comment

I like the idea someone on the PS2 forums had for the name. Take the first five letters of Mattherson with the last five letters of Waterson and call the new server Mattherson. Sounds fair to me. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X