Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***CANCELLED*** Mattherson vs Waterson Server Smash Signups! (Friday June 20th)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] ***CANCELLED*** Mattherson vs Waterson Server Smash Signups! (Friday June 20th)

***Signups Cancelled - UPDATE HERE***

TG will be participating in the Server Smash to decide the name of the merged Matterson/Waterson server!

The details have not yet been finalized, but it looks like the date will be Friday the 20th. There was talk of negotiating the time later to make it easier to work with, but the current time is going to be 7:00pm EST. We should be fully mustered by 6:30pm, and SLs/PLs should be on scene 15 minutes before that. The fight will be happening on the public test server, so anyone interested should get the PTS installed and characters made for each faction ASAP!

Try not to spend all those free certs yet. We'll need to work out exactly what we'll want to get everyone to cert into, but the advice is to go for flexibility over specialization. The Clear Vision implant is recommended to counter the aggressive organized concussion grenade spam, and resource boosts are also highly recommended as you'll be chewing through infantry resources like nuts. We should also try to get our characters up to BR10 to get access to spawn beacons, especially for anyone planning on being able to fill an SL slot.

This will be an incredibly intense fight from start to finish. Be ready to keep a cool head and bring your A game!

Organization looks like it'll be multiple platoons with each outfit represented by an individual squad. Additional members will be held in reserve to plug holes in the roster. As I understand it, any platoon will be allowed to pull from the reserve list, so reserve members may be going to another outfit's squad. If you end up fighting under another flag, represent us well and do us proud!

FAIR WARNING: due to the huge number of outfits getting in on this fight our outfit is likely to be on the benched list, and we are therefore unlikely to be participating as an official TG squad. Nevertheless, we need to have plans in place to step up if a spot in the roster opens up, match size is large enough to accommodate us, etc. Still, run on the assumption that you won't be part of a TG squad, but a replacement for other platoons when holes open up.

Here's the signup format, a bit more involved than our typical FNF signup. Sign up ASAP, absolute latest needs to be before the next server smash meeting next Wednesday night. This'll be first come, first served:

Normal in-game name:
    Are you willing to squad lead?
    Do you have PTS installed? If you have characters set up, what are their names?
    How likely are you to attend?

Spread the word in-game, let's have a healthy roster!
    Last edited by Mindkill; 06-19-2014, 12:09 AM.

Re: Mattherson vs Waterson Server Smash Signups! (Friday June 20th)

Normal in-game name: Starstriker
    Are you willing to squad lead? Yes
    Do you have PTS installed? If you have characters set up, what are their names? PTS installed. Characters set up, but not leveled, names currently escape me. Might end up wiping/recreating them to free the certs back up.
    How likely are you to attend? Will attend.

Comment

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! im leaving for Vegas next week =( give them hell and welcome them to mattherson!

Comment

Should have my computer fixed by then so...

Normal in-game name: Zepkron
        Are you willing to squad lead? Absolutely!
        Do you have PTS installed? If you have characters set up, what are their names? Yes, Snap(NC) Crackle (TR) Popp (VS)
        How likely are you to attend? Things could change between now and then but so far extremely likely.

Comment

Normal in-game name: StraitRaider
          Are you willing to squad lead? No, I've been too long without playing to be effective.
          Do you have PTS installed? Yes, CapeEnrage (NC)
          How likely are you to attend? Schedule is currently clear, estimate 80% likelihood of attendance.

Don't forget that with implant packs costing 1 cert on PTS, there's no excuse not to have every implant available and fully powered.

This is also our chance for dream-squad equipment loadouts. Any weapon, any cert, any consumable, any implant. That's pretty awesome.

Does anyone in leadership know if we've extended the olive branch to the VS and TR yet? Unified command would go a long way I'm sure. And frankly, I have no problem with VS/TR outfits and veterans taking the lead (and most of the player positions) when playing as that faction. I for one think I'll be sitting out any non-NC play as I've never played the other factions and don't believe I'd be able to overcome the instinct to shoot at spandex.

PS: Be prepared to spend a while buying and combining implants on PTS. It's been nearly 15 minutes and I haven't gotten Clear Vision yet.

PPS: Can anyone else confirm whether Clear Vision can actually be earned on the test server right now? It's been nearly a half-hour of this malicious lottery crap, 5 or 6 of most tier 3 implants, and no Clear Vision.
          Last edited by Strait Raider; 06-12-2014, 12:27 PM.
          Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Another preparation you can do is to purchase all your C4/Grenades beforehand and then regenerate all your infantry resources on the PTS. You wouldn't want to run out in the middle of a fight.

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Normal in-game name: Toddshooter
              Are you willing to squad lead? Yes
              Do you have PTS installed? Yes
              If you have characters set up, what are their names? NC/Toddshooter others to follow.
              How likely are you to attend? 85%
              sigpic

Comment

Normal in-game name: QuantumQrack
                Are you willing to squad lead? No
                Do you have PTS installed? No
                How likely are you to attend? Very likely.

Comment

Normal in-game name: Abantes
                  Do you have PTS installed? Working on it
                  How likely are you to attend? Very

Comment

Normal in-game name: Berto1d
                    Do you have PTS installed? Yes (Berto1dVS, Berto1dTR, Berto1dNC)
                    How likely are you to attend? Very

Thanks for arranging TG participation in the server smash. It should be interesting to work with the people that we shoot in the face everyday (and vice versa).

Comment

Some updates:

The start time being discussed is 8PM EST. It's still subject to change, but it's an hour later which makes it a bit easier for those of us further west to attend! It also looks like we'll be at the southern warpgate on Esamir, so we'll be whatever faction is rotated into that gate.

It's also looking like there's a good chance of a TG squad being in the initial platoon assignments. That makes it super critical that we have more than 12 people in our roster so that we're resilient to Life Happening (tm). Currently we only have 7!

Since many of our members don't visit the forums, please make sure to spread the word in-game and encourage people to join up!

Also, since I apparently can't edit my old posts, my PTS characters are StrikerUnum (TR), Starstriker1 (NC), Starstriker (VS)
                      Last edited by starstriker1; 06-15-2014, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Normal in-game name: Toddshooter
                        Do you have PTS installed? Yes
                        If you have characters set up, what are their names? VS/TGToddshooter
                        How likely are you to attend? 85%
                        sigpic

Comment

Just a reminder to cert broadly. Weapons are cheap, so get all the major purchases in for that, and then baseline purchases for the weapons you'll be leaning on the most. Expect to be pivoting on a dime to any number of role changups... MAX crashes, skyguards, aircraft, lockon spam, concussion/flash grenades, res grenades... be ready to fill any role. Once you've got a broad toolbox, then consider specializing, but even then prioritize flexibility over deep specialization.

Also, it looks like we'll probably be VS, so polish up that Spandex and plan accordingly!

Comment

Oh, crap.

Esamir territory control as the VS and me with no clue how to drive a Magrider. ><

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                              Oh, crap.

Esamir territory control as the VS and me with no clue how to drive a Magrider. ><
                              just keep pressing A and D and you should be fine =p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X