FNF - Friday August 22nd 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] FNF - Friday August 22nd 2014

About time we had another formally organized FNF.

My objective for the night will be to give the tactics described in this thread a stress test. To summarize: we will attempt to counter the inevitable surge of defenders in the final minutes of an offensive capture by reducing our population footprint in the territory in question to limit the number of reinforcement spawns available, and controllably ramp up our presence to maintain a population advantage despite the flow of reinforcements.

What this means in terms of the overall tempo of the night is that I'm going to be preferentially putting on attack in low population territories and keeping uncommitted forces outside the territory as reserves (and likely rotating which squad is on point). From a platoon makeup perspective, we're going to need large numbers (3+ squads of infantry would be ideal) mostly focused around airborne infantry. We'd also be well served with a squad serving as air support, either on the far edge of the territory interdicting incoming galaxies or vehicles attempting to reinforce the old fashioned way, or on standby for quick A2G attack runs on the base itself.

Kickoff will be at 9:00pm Eastern. Please advertise this throughout the week, I'd love to have enough people to give this strategy an honest go.

Signup format:

In-Game Name: Starstriker
    Preferred roles: Platoon Lead, Infantry Squad lead,
    Additional Comments: I've already said all the things

Hope to see you guys there!

Re: FNF - Friday August 22nd 2014

Name: MacKahan
    Role: Grunt
    Comments: Perhaps attacking multiple bases to further distract enemy focus preferable. Means to redeploy to primary target on demand would need discussed.
    MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

That's a good thought, and it'd also help people from getting bored waiting on call... though it'd possibly slow it down a bit AND prevent MAX usage. We'll have to try it both ways and see what works!

Comment

In-Game Name: Ghostshooter101
        Preferred roles: Armor orInfantry Squad lead, PL replacement
        Additional Comments: I get home late from work, I can take over or start a squad

Comment

Unless you want to call this training, I suggest you hold training for this prior to game night.

Comment

No training required, we already know how to do airborne infantry pretty well, the core of this is just order of deployment and squad tasking, which is pretty much just on the PL's shoulders.

Comment

In-Game Name: TG88thMindkill
              Preferred roles: Infantry/MAX, Galaxy pilot/Bus driver, SL (depending on my level of inebriation :o)
              Additional Comments: With the new resource system, I have no problem spending my nanites.

sigpic

Comment

Going away this weekend, Please do this next week. Have fun :)

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

In-Game Name: HeroforHire117
                  Preferred roles: Infantry, will SL
                  Additional Comments: I am not 100% sure I can make it. My friends are terrible at making plans so I may get pulled away. Will try though.

Comment

Originally posted by eD_ru$h View Post
                    Going away this weekend, Please do this next week. Have fun :)
                    Someone else will have to take the reins next week! I'll be at PAX exhibiting my game and will be hard pressed to run a platoon. ;)

Comment

In-Game Name: Garthra
                      Preferred roles: Infantry SL, PL, or SM
                      Additional Comments: If I am in trial on Friday, all bets are off. But hopefully I won't be!
                      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

In game name: Magnusred
                        Role: Ground pounder/infantry. I could be a gunner in a lib if needed.
                        Comment: I love this idea. Certainly a real life tactic of having a small sof team carry out an op with a large airborne contingent waiting in the distance in case any issues arise.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                          Someone else will have to take the reins next week! I'll be at PAX exhibiting my game and will be hard pressed to run a platoon. ;)
                          Cool! Good luck with that man, let us know how it goes.
                          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That was fun!

Comment

Agreed. I enjoyed running the Gal for drops, I really needed some flight time in there since I spent the few thousand certs needed to make it work. Notes on my personal performance, I need to improve my drop calling, and slowing down an Auraxian Sky Whale is no trivial matter. :-)

Another note: Tank buster rounds hurt like the dickens.
                              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X