Liberator/Air Squads Sighnups.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberator/Air Squads Sighnups.

-So Ive been trying something new lately, which is a serious liberator squad. We've had fairly good success thus far but we are still learning the ropes of staying in a tight nit group whilst in the air. (Please note this is a serious air squad and will be expected to fly in a tight nit group.) This post is to Gage interest in air and liberator squads and to get a general idea of who likes to do what when in a liberator.Also in the future I may try out esf squads as well.
    Please answer the following to help me out as a SL
    1.) Preferred roll: gunner or pilot
    2.) Pilot and or gunner: experience level 1-10
    3.) interested in liberator pilot training?
    4.) certs invested into liberator?
    5.) preferred gunner setup?
    6.) interested in ESF squads?
    7.) Any other Information I should know.
    -I hope to see you in the skies!
    -RAYMOND SCOUT

Re: Liberator/Air Squads Sighnups.

Well, I made a post about it in another thread, but I'll give those information here.

1. Pilot
    2. I'd say lvl 2... I haven't fly much in PS2.
    3. I'm interested.
    4. I only got 2nd level scopes for gunners, but I have about 6000 certs and nothing to do with it so... ^^
    5. I think I'd rather have air gunners.. but I don't have much experience to really tell.
    6. I'm actually a bit more interested in ESF squads.
    7. I don't use a mic, but I follow every single order given.
    sigpic
    "Keep calm and wait for the medic."
    {45 270 lives saved}

Comment

^^^ Glad to have you on board Alex.
      -Ill keep that in mind. Something you may want to look into is a cellphone application called Wo-mic you have to get the companion app through your computer but that's what I use and I don't have a microphone either. It basically lets you use the cellphone as a microphone although you may want to use some sort of basic set of headphones in order to not have to worry about the echoing sound the system produces when volume is loud
      -Next time I Decide to run a liberator squad for the first five to ten minutes I think ill go over flying techniques as a standard thing I do so don't wait along time to join up when I make one if you are on.
      -Once I have a good solid grasp as well as a few other pilots on air squads , I will start Esf squads, With the overall goal being Air interception, and ground harassment, however dont expect as much success at first as with liberators as the survivability of fighters is significantley less. Also something to note i may have an esf as a sort of spotter roll, letting us know of incoming threats, during liberator nights so I may ask you to do that if we have enough liberators think 3+

Comment

1.) Preferred roll: gunner or pilot: I can pilot liberators and galaxies pretty well. ESF's, not so much
        2.) Pilot and or gunner: experience level 1-10: 6
        3.) interested in liberator pilot training? Sure
        4.) certs invested into liberator? According to the Cert Viewer, I have 6056 certs in my lib, 3546 in my gal, and 986 in my reaver
        5.) preferred gunner setup? Depends on the role.. high/mid altitude bombing 2.5x scope, low thermal/NV optics
        6.) interested in ESF squads? I would be if I could dogfight worth a damn. :o
        7.) Any other Information I should know. ps2.fisu.pw/cert/ is a Cert Viewer.. not sure how accurate it is tho. I thought I had more Certs invested into my Lib.

sigpic

Comment

1.) Preferred roll: Pilot
          2.) Pilot: 9, Gunner:4-5
          3.) interested in liberator pilot training? Giving or receiving?
          4.) certs invested into liberator? Ha. 27k. For all practical purposes, my Lib is totally maxed out.
          5.) preferred gunner setup? Anything. I have every useful gun certed to at least a useful level. I can pull anything.
          6.) interested in ESF squads? Yes
          7.) Any other Information I should know.

If anybody is ever curious about a particular lib loadout they've never tried, or maybe the maxed out of version of the loadout you already use, hit me up. I'd be more than willing to pull anybody a lib.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

1.) Preferred roll: Gunner
            2.) Pilot: 2, Gunner:7-8
            3.) interested in liberator pilot training? eh, as time permits
            4.) certs invested into liberator? hmmm, somewhere between 4-6K (Shredder/bulldog)
            5.) preferred gunner setup? Belly, doesn't matter, Tail, Bulldog/thermal
            6.) interested in ESF squads? Oppertunistic ESF pilot. Skill level 3
            7.) Not really a flyboy, but have a decent Galaxy for heavy ground-pounding troop transport activities. Pilot skill 5-6

I can kill almost anything that moves if gunning, although anti-infantry with tail bulldog is my favorite. I am also fair with Dalton,although it's been changed 2 (3)? times since I seriously used it last.
            MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

^^^ Thanks to everyone that has responded above, I cant wait to see you in the skies.
              :TonyMac, in my experience the Dalton now behaves similarly to an ap round but with a small amount of splash. (could be wrong haven't done testing)
              :Daelon Suzuka, By that I meant receiving training. If you are an excellent pilot you can feel free to teach us. The main thing I think we could work on is dog fighting in esf's one of the biggest things I wish to tackle before regularly running esf squads.
              -So just a bit of an update. Liberator squads are going well, and are Incredibly efficient in their roll of base defense. Having SL as a gunner definitely helps with his ability to pick out targets. What Id really like to work on is squad cohesion, which isnt bad were it currently stands but still could use some help.
              -secondly I really want to try running an liberator squad alongside an infantry squad, SL's and PL's please help me organize this. I noticed the tactic was highly effective when we were testing out the "countering the redeploy meta" tactic.
              -Also look out for ESF squads very soon Im considering running one next time I can but its going to be very different from a liberator squad so Expect it to be more experimentation based. Thanks for everyone that has been helping in the endeavor thus far...
              - Sincerely Raymond Scout.

Comment

One thought- fire team comms may make this easier. Two thought - figuring out comms Sops both intra-liberator, inter-aircraft, and with ground spotters is a key stepping stone. Suggest anyone who can research how real militaries adress these issues. ( I know in Arma we used the 9 line for CAS, and I believe some previous forum post discussed a shortend version for PS2.)
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

At first I wanted to be a reaver pilot in ps2 but ended up being a tanker lol I can fly/gun a lib and gal but the reaver is just to much for me.. I am always flying to low to the ground and hit something...I need help! so sign me up =p

Comment

^^^ So I researched the CAS Sop's, and its a fairly good concept however, certain things in the order of how it is normally done may need to be changed to accomdate Planet Side 2.
                    Here is an Idea below as to how this may possibly work.
                    1st spotter tells liberator squad this information
                    1.) Target location: marked with smoke or squad way.
                    2.) Target description: I.E. sunderer, lightning, MBT, possible overhangs to deal with, amount of flack in the area.
                    Then the designated leader of the liberator squad says
                    1.)IP, (Initial point: I.E what base the squad is currently holding at)
                    2.)Heading, Direction N,E,S,W, altitude and speed.
                    3.)Distance from target.
                    4.) When liberators arrive at the target SL should say,Commencing ; what type of run the squad is doing (This should be established before takeoff).
                    5.) simply target destroyed when the target has been destroyed.
                    Again simply a theory as to how this might work. Of course anti infantry support would be a bit different, as I imagine it would be pretty straightforward circling larger bases and holding altitude just right at render range.
                    Of course dealing with A2A is a whole other story.
                    Thoughts?
                    -Raymondscout

Comment

IP can be any point. Not necesEily where they are holding. The point is to designate the direction of approach minimize risk
                      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Here's an AAR of a previous CAS squad. The setup described there was very effective for a hit-and-run squad made of mostly ESFs. You might need to adapt it for a Liberator heavy squad that might be loitering a bit more and is a fair bit less able to outmaneuver enemy retaliation.

Comment

;Garthra fair point, and I can see why initial point shouldn't be squad holding location, depending on the situation.
                          ;Starstriker, The video posted on that thread was incredibly cool, not to mention a number of great points were brought up, I.E. letting other outfits know of our air presence for assistance, the separate platoon for air vs ground units, and the ground spotter squad. One of the biggest boons to liberators vs ESF's is their ability to take out targets from High altitude. Esfs have to engage at the mid to low to ground level in order to be effective, witch arguably exposes them more. What liberators don't tend to have on their side is numbers, simply put an esf squad can have 12 reaver's up at time. If two need repairs there's ten more to keep the enemy feeling the pressure. In Lamence terms, a liberator squad should behave like a sniper rifle taking out high priority targets from afar and quickly and getting out, where as a esf squad could behave much more like like a shotgun taking on multiple targets at once. going at a bit more of an in an out pace. Both have their places which is why ultimately I intend to run both.

Comment

I'd almost argue the reverse: the liberator is best employed providing sustained firepower over a target, where multiple ESFs are required to focus their fire on single targets during an attack run. A Reaver strike that's spread out is largely ineffective, and can't loiter long enough to do wide area effect attacks under AA pressure. Conversely, a Liberator strike force can pound away at multiple targets in their typical loiter period, but are better suited to ignoring light AA (and maybe, due to their slower acceleration and handling, less able to evade heavy AA), making them a superior A2G platform in small to mid sized fights.

Comment

1.) Preferred roll: pilot
                              2.) Pilot and or gunner: Pilot experience level 8. Gunner 5.
                              3.) interested in liberator pilot training? I can give some training to others.
                              4.) certs invested into liberator? Lots. 9,600.
                              5.) preferred gunner setup? I have all belly guns. Prefer dalton, but fine with shredder or zepher too. Duster less experienced with.
                              6.) interested in ESF squads? Sure, but I am a poor ESF pilot.
                              7.) Any other Information I should know: I believe serious and constant communication within each lib greatly improves effectiveness.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X