Calling all Valkyrie and Harasser Crews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Valkyrie and Harasser Crews

Starting this week I'd like to try running some joint Valkyrie and Harasser units to see how they work together. The Valkyrie's main weakness is that it can't operate independently and expect to survive for long periods. They're also easy kills for ESFs and Liberators as they hover around a fight and without backup they can't make a serious contribution to the battlefield as they are constantly being driven off or destroyed. To begin I'd like to run two Walker Harassers to keep the skies clear and two Valkyries armed with either Rocket Pods or the VLG Missile to engage armored targets on the frozen riverbed on Esamir or the northern half of Indar.

Ideal Loadouts:

Harasser - Walker with full magazine, Composite Armor, Fire Suppression, Scrapper Combat Chassis and full Turbo

Valkyrie - Rocket Pods, VLG Missile, Composite Armor, Squad Logistics, Evasiveness Chassis

The Harassers will need their usual two man crew while the Valkyries need a pilot, gunner and at least two additional engineers in the rumble seats to provide repairs as they take damage. The engineers in the back may want to equip flak armor if they have it to give them further protection. Gunners may need to switch to a rumble seat as well to assist in repairs.

As mentioned above the initial goal is to look for lone armor targets that are out in the open. The Harassers will open up with their Walkers to get the attention of the enemy armor and then the Valkyries will sweep in. Those with rocket pods need to deliver their payload quickly, retreat and circle around for another pass. Valkyries with the VLG missile can engage from a distance, preferably to hit the target on their flanks, but need to stay relatively near the Harassers. Its important that VLG Valkyries stay out of the direct line of sight of the tank as two shells will take you down. One Harasser will continue to pepper the target with the Walker while the other gunner and driver scan the sky for any enemy air. If it does show up and begins to go after the Valkyries, both gunners need to shift their attention to that threat immediately while the Valkyries stay in close proximity. Hopefully we'll create some high tech scrap in the process :D

If you're interested, please post up here. Thanks!

Re: Calling all Valkyrie and Harasser Crews

This sounds interesting, I'd like to try it with you. Although I have to say I favor the G-40 Ranger's flak deterrent over the Walker's dps. Do you plan on using any heavies with rockets in the valkyries?

Comment

can I play?

Comment

I've run a Harasser or two, though I prefer the Halbred.....let me know when

Comment

I'm game
          sigpic

Comment

gosh I wish I could play right now im pretty good at the valk

Comment

I'm in. I have all the gadgets for my harasser. And can gun pretty well in a Valk. And am on at 9:00 EST.

Party on the river.
              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X