This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Outfit Officers

Thought it would be appropriate to list our active Officers and NCO's for the new people that join. These are the folks that you should be looking to for an example of our play style. Each is a little different but all have been chosen because they represent TG in a favourable light. (Ingame names used in list below)

Garthra - Game Officer
    GeneralCain - Executive Officer
    Drona
    Mindkill

Zombiesnack
    Bregard031
    Ghostshooter
    Sparhawkxx
    Starstriker1
    Toddshooter
    Vts
    Last edited by Garthra; 06-25-2017, 06:08 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Active Officers and NCO's

-I believe I should already know the difference but Might I ask the difference between NCO's and Officers

Comment

Have we been keeping alive the tradition of announcing the new (or at least, present) NCOs and Officers at FNFs?
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

We haven't been doing formal FNFs in a while--I've been too tied up to run them, and I don't think anyone else took up the mantle--and I stopped before the new group of NCOs were invited, so not really.

Comment

I really like the idea of having a list so that someone like me, who has bad memory can tell people who want to join, who to contact. It will also be nice when I get back to see who is actively playing.

Thanks again to all those who have been or will be on this list. I really enjoy playing with TG and really love the community. Keep it up guys!

P.S.
          NCO stands for Non Commissioned Officer. What the difference is in TG, I'm not sure, other than rank.
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Ahh... The reason I ask is because tonight I was running in FNF and was wondering what to do if someone wanted to join the outfit, Is their a set of rules We should follow or should I refer them to Higher ranked officers or what? Is their a set guideline for this?

Comment

hey raymond you can refer them to anyone on the list thats online. It does help if you could give them a quick brief of what to do.

Comment

The difference between an NCO and an officer is that NCOs are non-supporting members brought on to help the outfits officers and admins manage the task of running the outfit. We're here to help represent the outfit, ensure our standards are being upheld, lead by example, and manage recruitment. So yes, we're absolutely the right people to refer to for recruitment stuff.

I'd like to note, though, that it's not "rank" in the traditional sense. It doesn't confer special in-game authority or anything of the sort. TG is a flat organization without a whole lot in terms of rank or hierarchy (I don't, for instance, have the authority to override a squad leader unless I'm currently also the PL, and the moment I stop being the PL I'm back at the bottom of the in-game chain of command).

The admins and officers aren't leaders in the traditional sense, but take more of an administrative role and ensure that the communities ideals and standards are being held to. NCOs are, to my understanding, a bit of an oddity here at TG, instituted specifically for Planetside in order to help manage the additional burdens of running an outfit. For most games, TG just runs a server or two and doesn't require an invitation to wear the tag, just greater expectations for good behaviour.

Comment

Raymond, you could also refer them to the "new members start here" sticky in the General PS2 forum.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                    The difference between an NCO and an officer is that NCOs are non-supporting members brought on to help the outfits officers and admins manage the task of running the outfit. We're here to help represent the outfit, ensure our standards are being upheld, lead by example, and manage recruitment. So yes, we're absolutely the right people to refer to for recruitment stuff.

I'd like to note, though, that it's not "rank" in the traditional sense. It doesn't confer special in-game authority or anything of the sort. TG is a flat organization without a whole lot in terms of rank or hierarchy (I don't, for instance, have the authority to override a squad leader unless I'm currently also the PL, and the moment I stop being the PL I'm back at the bottom of the in-game chain of command).

The admins and officers aren't leaders in the traditional sense, but take more of an administrative role and ensure that the communities ideals and standards are being held to. NCOs are, to my understanding, a bit of an oddity here at TG, instituted specifically for Planetside in order to help manage the additional burdens of running an outfit. For most games, TG just runs a server or two and doesn't require an invitation to wear the tag, just greater expectations for good behaviour.
                    Just wanted to point out quickly that NCO's can be supporting members of TG or non-supporting members of TG. Supporting members are members who donate their own funds to the general running of the Tactical Gamer community.

Comment

Right, I didn't put that very well. All I meant was that, unlike an admin/officer position at TG, it's not a requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewDaManiac View Post
                        I really like the idea of having a list so that someone like me, who has bad memory can tell people who want to join, who to contact. It will also be nice when I get back to see who is actively playing.

Thanks again to all those who have been or will be on this list. I really enjoy playing with TG and really love the community. Keep it up guys!

P.S.
                        NCO stands for Non Commissioned Officer. What the difference is in TG, I'm not sure, other than rank.
                        Just as a reminder, the ranks of Outfit Members are also viewable in-game. Press O, click the members box, make sure "show offline" players is checked, click on rank to order them.

This is also how new recruits can double check whether or not their application process is finished - when their rank is Member.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Re: Outfit Officers

Am I an Officer or a Corporal?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                            [MENTION=8381]E-Male[/MENTION] , your current 'in-game' status is:Corporal

As for any other place, forum and other games or higher ranks, I have no control over :)

And As I see you here listed in the NCO list, it might be time for a Game Officer( [MENTION=18499]P.Drona[/MENTION], [MENTION=26828]Mindkill[/MENTION] ) to review or promote your in game status.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                              I moved you back to Officer. Enjoy the pay bump.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X