Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for being a great community TG!

I came to TG about 2 years ago. I had recently left ShacTactical and was looking for a slightly different ArmA2 community.
    I found it playing ArmA II with Unkl, Dimitrius, Chichco, Bl1p, Ghadlan, Liquid, and many other good friends. Tactical Gamer really filled a missing space in my life and provided a place for fun and fellowship. A lot of days laughing, chatting, and triumphing (or failing terribly) on a TG mission was the highlight of my day. Be it the bread and butter PatrolOps, or one of Dimitrius’s special ops events, or one of the other great missions made by the community. Even had some good times on the Alpha server, though I was terrible at it.

About a year and a half ago I shifted to Planetside 2 and have really enjoyed it. Different game, different feel, different group of guys. But lots of fun. Really great Friday Night Fight times with the PS2 TG community, starting WAAAYY back with Emale as PL, some GAL squads with Randy… continuing to the present day of Starstriker’s fine PLing, Ghost with his armor, Alex with his ungodly medical skills, and Matthew with his crazy testing. Plenty of fun infantry squads, some very enjoyable moments in armor. It really is a team game that takes a whole squad working together to really experience. I am thankful I have TG to play it with.

Thanks Tactical Gamer, for a lot of fun gaming this past year, and more to come.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Garthra, and everyone in the TG community! I am also thankful for the great community we have here.

My TG story began back with Battlefiled 2. I found the TG server almost on accident and the gameplay was like nowhere else. People actually worked together and communicated. lol They I got into Project Reality here. A hiatus for a while when I was working a lot and didn't have a gaming rig, and then came back and got into Planetside 2. I wasn't here back in the John Flenaly days, but I do also remember the E-Male as PL times, and BigGaayAl too of course.

And now once again I find myself sans gaming rig. lol But I am looking forward to having my new rig as soon as possible, and getting back in game with you guys, and even getting into some new games in the coming year.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I too got introduced to TG via Project Reality; the mod already appealed to me with it's harsh mechanics that demanded teamwork, thoughful play, and coordination, but after playing on a few different servers it became clear that as high as the standard of play within that community was, it was without a doubt highest on Tactical Gamer, to the point where I'd patronize that server exclusively... oftentimes a hard thing to do as it was nearly constantly full; clearly I wasn't the only person to feel that way!

I didn't start Planetside 2 with TG, as I was on SolTech since the beta and didn't even realize TG was running an outfit, but after the Soltech-Mattherson merge and the subsequent slow death of my old outfit there wasn't really any question as to who I'd be signing up with, and TG hasn't disappointed since.

It's been a genuine pleasure playing with you all and I don't see that changing!

Comment

Happy thanksgiving.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving guys.

Thanks to everyone in the TG community for being the best! Really, even before I had PS2 or started playing PC games, I would listen to TG the PS2 RoundTable courtesy of CoiledTortoise. In fact, this is how I get introduced to TG.

I started with PS2 right when I joined TG around March this year. I'm still very new and learning the ways of TG. The teamwork, tactics, and maturity of everyone here is way beyond anything that I had seen on the Xbox and PC. I really looking forward to what is to come as I get better and can drive without scaring the squad to death. The stubborn 19 year old that I am can be a pain to work with sometimes and I just wanted to say thanks for working with me. TG has been the best community that I have seen in all gaming. Keep being amazing.
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the Citizens of the United States of America, Happy month after Thanksgiving to the Canadians, and Happy Thursday to the British among us! I have a lot of hobbies, but PS2 with TG is one of the most fun. PS2 just would be a lot less enjoyable or interesting without you guys.

I had played on another server with another group that was similar to TG in teamwork, but not nearly as cohesive or skilled. Very happy to have found this outfit, and delighted to be able to be a part of it!
            Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
              oftentimes a hard thing to do as it was nearly constantly full; clearly I wasn't the only person to feel that way
              Man, you're right! I had forgotten about that!

That was why I initially purchased a supporting membership. Then I kept it going for a long time (even when not gaming) because I just wanted to support the community. Only let it lapse recently due to tight finances.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                That was why I initially purchased a supporting membership. Then I kept it going for a long time (even when not gaming) because I just wanted to support the community. Only let it lapse recently due to tight finances.
                I looked at my pile of games I've purchased and left to rot, and decided, as PS2 has basically become THE game I play, that I'd shell out for membership commensurate to the investment I'd normally make in other games. And avoiding queues is nice. ;-)
                MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Oh I was referring to a TG supporting membership. In PR, as in Battlefield, ArmA, etc. we run/ran our own servers. So the queue Starstriker and I are referring to was for TG's server(s).

Comment

In PR you could end up sitting there 15 minutes before a slot opened up, and you'd still be at risk of getting booted for a supporting member after a few hours. That supporting membership was worth its weight in gold. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X