Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to learn how to fly?

Hey everyone!

I was contacted by a former TG member so has volunteered to train anyone who is interested in learning the air game. From Basic flying maneuvers to A2A and A2G tactics. He can only train a small group at a time so if you are interested just put your name down below and when you can be available. He still visits the forum and will provide any further information that is needed.

Thanks!
    Ghost

Re: Want to learn how to fly?

Sounds interesting! The only air game I know about planetside 2 is getting picked off by TR mosquitos, I'll sign up for a training session, but I got exams this week so I can be online this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TOF1501 View Post
      Sounds interesting! The only air game I know about planetside 2 is getting picked off by TR mosquitos, I'll sign up for a training session, but I got exams this week so I can be online this weekend.
      There's no rush I think they have training sessions weekly so when ever you are ready you can drop in if they have enough room.

Comment

Well this is a no go for me :P since i'm hitting like every tree in the game i lose hope ! :P Thank him tho !
        Pull up the bulls for Iron Maiden! Rock 'n Roll for AC/DC Ride your motor for Motorhead! Fight War for Tactical Gamers!

Comment

Im interested and im available fryday`s after fryday ops.

Sorry for my english guys..... :P

Comment

Curious. Which aircraft is this? Only Esf, or larger craft as well?
            The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Don't. Use. Hover Frame. There you're a good pilot now

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
              ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by Garthra View Post
                Curious. Which aircraft is this? Only Esf, or larger craft as well?
                I'm sure they can train us on using the 3 main aircraft. gal, reaver, and lib.

Comment

I'd expect a focus on ESFs, maybe liberators.

Comment

I can help with a little bit of lib training if anyone else is interested? (Or at least piloting) I was running a lot of lib ops back before I had to quit ps2 for a while, and I'd like to resume with lib ops once again. Although the bit I really need help with Is Dogfighting in esf's. Im ashamed to admit it but I tend to win only 1 out of 10 dogfights I get into with an esf. (Ironically Id say the number I win in the paper craft the Valk tends to be about 4-6 out of 10 times.) SO I could really use the help in an esf. My strategy to Esf dogfights tends to be RUN AWAY or CHARGE!!! as far as controls go i'd say I can fly relativeley well considering I seem to be pretty good in valk/gal/lib. I also know the backwards maneuver as well either way SIGN ME UP!

Comment

Thanks for the thread, Ghost.

So here's the deal. I represent a collection of pilots that fly for the Black Arrows[BAX] on NC, and as the Ladybugs[Lady] on TR. A lot of us are ex-TG, and even though we've all moved on from TG for whatever reason, we'd like to give something back to the community that brought us together in the first place. In the spirit of that, and assuming nobody has any objections, allow me to introduce the TG-LADY Pilot Exchange Program.

For starters, there's what Ghost mentioned: we've put together a decent process for taking people from wet-behind-the-ears rookies to being able to hold their own as part of a squad.

Once somebody is a serviceable pilot(or if you are one already!), the next step would be to fly with the Ladybugs during BAX ops, which are Sun/Mon/Tue/Thur from 20:00-22:00 EST. Slots tend to be limited for strategic reasons, but we can usually afford to have one or two extra slots. We try to run between 6 and 10 pilots, flying a mix of aircraft including AA, AI, and AV loadouts on both ESFs and Liberators, and occasionally even a Battle Gal. Our primary objective during ops is to maintain air superiority over whatever territory our ground platoon is operating in. Secondary objectives include general anti-armor as well as targeted strikes and infantry suppression, depending on kind of trouble ground has gotten themselves into.

The only stipulations for flying with us are that you a: want to improve as a pilot(shouldn't be a problem, considering the topic at hand), b: are willing to work closely with the rest of the team(also not a problem, knowing this community), and c: Coyotes and Tomcats are absolutely not allowed(We kill our enemies by being better pilots and by having better teamwork, not by having more people and looking vaguely towards the other team). Oh, and we use Teamspeak, but everyone in TG should at least have TS installed even if they don't use it every day.

Flying with us in ops is good way to get a handle on squad-level aircraft tactics and aircraft comms procedures, as well as being a pretty safe environment to get some flight hours logged(AKA practice) without all the stress of going solo against the entire TR or VS.

Moving on from all that, let me put the "Exchange" in "Pilot Exchange Program". In addition to giving your guys the crash course and letting them fly with us, we'd also like to offer a few of our pilots on Friday nights to get the ball rolling on having your own in-house air support. With any luck we should be able to get you a self-sufficient air unit pretty quick.

So if I've piqued anyone's interest, please let me know. I do still read everything that happens here on the TG forums so if you have any questions or if you're down to come fly with us, let 'er rip. You can also send a /tell or a friend request to DaelonSuzuka in-game.

A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum. -Jon McBride, astronaut

Comment

Oh yes please. Take my money!
                        Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

Yes, I need help with my ESF and lib skills. I can train gal pilots though, so if anyone is interested in learning to fly a gal let me know.

Comment

Lron Man learned from ze best! XD
                            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                              Lron Man learned from ze best! XD
                              Can't argue with that. I'm still upset with the bulldog changes but maybe they'll adjust it a little. Requiring direct hits with a grenade isn't right.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X