No announcement yet.

Rolling Thunder, Rolling solo loadout.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Thunder, Rolling solo loadout.

So whenever the Outfit isn't on, I try to outfit my Vanguard with gear that'll make it more well balanced to counter or at least be able to fend off all manner of threats: Infantry, Armor, and Air. My current loadout is:

the Titan AP cannon. ('KATHOOM!')
    Mine guard
    Racer Chasis
    Defensive Shield

But I'm having trouble centering on a top gunner emplacement. Usually when running with Ghost I roll the Halberd to combat other armor, as most others cover the Air. I try running the standard basilsk when I'm alone which is balanced between infantry/air, and sort of armor but it doesn't really specialize like I want it to. My thinking was either the Ranger (Flak Cannon) or the Walker (Minigun), but I don't know how it holds up against infantry/armor, or if it even CAN. Gimmie some tips fellow Thunder Rollers!

Re: Rolling Thunder, Rolling solo loadout.

switch out mine guard for stealth or front armor. Use EOD implant instead.

For top gun the halberd is a great all around weapon once you cert alot into it.

For now work on certing the reload on your AP and finishing the racer and shield levels

Comment

Walker comes highly recommended. I know our Harasser crews love using it; it's a fearsome AA weapon able to drive off even Liberators at range (at least, when combined with the Harasser's mobility), and I know they're happy enough to engage armour with it. It's a reasonably effective weapon against infantry; it doesn't have the accuracy, damage, or range of a Kobalt for the job, but it's more than serviceable.

Comment

I see I see, and the EOD implant being...? what's that cool doohicky do?

Comment

it spots out enemy explosives including mines for up to 25 feet around you. its saved my tank numerous times since it allows me to activate my shield just in time

Comment

Good SA can usually save you from mines, but the same can be said double for Awareness and Marker implants. As far as implants go, know that enhanced targeting can provide a massive benefit for a solo driver, as picking the right engagements can mean the difference between life and death. Enhanced targeting lets you see which targets have already taken a hit or two before they have started smoking. It also lets you gauge to progress of a fight to know if you should disengage. (It's also in the lowest implant cost bracket and everyone has it by default)

In short, if you think you can avoid mines using the mk I eyeball and good route choice (staying off the roads and avoiding chokepoints), consider picking enhanced targeting over EOD HUD. If mines are a problem for you though, I would use EOD HUD over mineguard because...

Stealth is life for a solo tanker. This is the module that will allow you to creep up behind 2/2 Magriders and have a 150mm AP shot into their rear before they even know you're there. After that, it's just a matter of landing all your shots and sucking up a few shots with your shield. It'll also help reduce the attention you get from ESF and Liberators. The lock-on time increase is just icing on the cake.

The Walker is my personal choice for the top gun as well. Unless the Ranger has been buffed, it's the best AA secondary by far, and does decent damage to vehicles as well as infantry. The downside is it can't fire below the horizon of your vehicle (It will fire directly to the front, rear, or sides, of your vehicle but not below) which means it can't target infantry at very close range or below a ridge.
            Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

The walker is pretty hilarious, since most aircraft come down straight up at my 12 in some sick, disgusting dive-bomb maneuver. They never really expect me to turn a gun straight up and shoot. I've noticed that I don't get hit markers when I hit infantry/vehicles. Does that mean it's doing any damage at all or....? I mean if I'm running solo I don't think it'll matter too much since I have the Titan-AP but just incase I wanted to make sure.

Also, I'm trying my hand at a little piloting but....lord almighty I don't know how you fly boys do this aerial garbage XD

Comment

Walker is perfectly effective against enemy vehicles and infantry. Hardly a top performer in either category, but nobody expected it to be. The main downside is that the turret doesn't depress down very far from horizontal, which can mean the slightest slope in the terrain might make it impossible to hit a tank right in front of you, and it definitely means you can't fend off infantry that are at point blank!

Comment

^^^Unless the driver runs them over...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X