Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outfit Asset Roster

Hey guys,

I thought it might be a good idea to start some form of active player roster along with assets each player has certed/roles they can play, all consolidated into one place so squad leaders have a quick reference for their squad members as they're playing (on a smartphone or similar). If possible, could this get stickied?

Keeping things brief, concise, and consolidated might be difficult with the huge number of roles possible in PS2. Include only equipment that is significantly specialized and not included by default, and only list the roles/vehicles you have specialized rather than every little thing. Here's my attempt at formatting it:

Kardandt
    Infantry:
    Squad Leader
    Misc:
    Warden
    SD SMG
    MAX:
    Dual Burster
    Dual Falcon
    Dual Scattergun
    Heavy:
    Air Lockons
    Ground Lockons
    Jackhammer
    Engineer:
    Max Tank Mines
    AV MANA
    Light Assault:
    Max C4
    Infiltrator:
    Stalker Cloak

Vehicles:
    Flash:
    Cloak
    Sunderer:
    GSD
    Ammo
    Lightning:
    Skyguard
    Mid-range survivability certs
    Vanguard:
    Basic survivability certs
    Valkyrie:
    Squad Support
    Kardandt - Planetside 2
    Doing more, with less!
    Asus K53E Laptop: I5 2450M, 8GB RAM ("Found in the trash" edition), Intel HD Graphics 3000, Logitech Trackman Marble, Tethered Sprint LTE connection

Re: Outfit Asset Roster

hey Kardandt thank you for finding ways on how to improve/ help out the outfit. I think we had made a list a while back but has not been updated recently. The thing about these list is that the more you play the game the more certs you earn so eventually you will have certs into pretty much everything. As long as the basic requirements are unlocked/certed into like the engineer and medic classes you are free to specialize in a certain role. Squad leaders usually ask for volunteers first. For example if the squad lead ask for a gal to be pulled, even though I have certed into mine I would rather have someone who enjoys flying gals to pull instead.

im not saying this is a bad idea as it can help others on certing their kits and vehicles. Its just hard to remember what every member has while leading.

Ghostshooter101:

I have pretty much everything I want lol

Comment

I figured there are a couple different situations where this would be helpful. If the squad lead happened to look and see that everyone in the squad had more armor oriented certs, then they could change roles to armor. If he needs someone to change classes for squad comp purposes, he can find the person that has some certs into that class rather than having to ask around. A third situation is perhaps someone has a certed battle gal but just doesn't feel like flying, the squad lead could have them pull for someone that wants to fly.

My intent wasn't for a squad leader to try and memorize all this, personally while leading a squad I would try and keep this pulled up on my phone or some other display and refer to it in queues, while prepping for a gal drop, or while considering changing focus.
      Kardandt - Planetside 2
      Doing more, with less!
      Asus K53E Laptop: I5 2450M, 8GB RAM ("Found in the trash" edition), Intel HD Graphics 3000, Logitech Trackman Marble, Tethered Sprint LTE connection

Comment

This might be an easier way to do this. Not sure if this will help but I find it useful.

http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/?name=TGToddshooter&page=1008
        sigpic

Comment

https://www.planetside2.com/players/...09488620601516

The above may be helpful for finding out who plays what most and what they have certed into as its an 'up-to-date' database of players details.
          (May need to be logged in)

Just click on a players name, then have a browse (you can even see the last class the played)

But above all, sometime its simply better to ask or just run with what they have

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/?name=phaelah&page=1008

I love long walks on the beach, tanks, maxes, AI deploy shield sunderers and medics.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Good points all, and interesting to see what they can do with the API. Perhaps this roster would be more useful if it only listed vehicles/MAXes?
              Kardandt - Planetside 2
              Doing more, with less!

Comment

Originally posted by Fracsid View Post
                Good points all, and interesting to see what they can do with the API. Perhaps this roster would be more useful if it only listed vehicles/MAXes?
                I really like the idea of having a list and knowing what your squad has to use. But as I played longer with TG, it became not really needed. If I were back home, I would fill this list out as it helps newer TG guys. Thanks for starting this on your own and just jumping right in. That is the kind of mindset that makes things get done. Keep up the good work!
                "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

I can't seem to edit my post, and the concept may cost more in effort than it saves when it's in place.
                  Kardandt - Planetside 2
                  Doing more, with less!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X