Do you think we'll ever see any more faction Specific Vehichles in PS2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think we'll ever see any more faction Specific Vehichles in PS2

-Back in the Good ol days of PS1 (Or so I hear) there was loads of faction specific vehicles. Fastforward to ps2 and their really is only one faction specific vehicle... the Heavy tanks... But you might be saying What about esf's? Well the fact of the matter is that esf's all pretty mutch fly the same, have access to the same functioning weapons sub for the ppa chaingun and Nc's reaver shotgun their almost the same vehicle with a slightly modified hitbox. Their may be slight differences between the three but the differences can be made up for by equipping the right air frame.
    -I also realize we had pictures of the faction specific buggies a while back but I believe those were just concept art and were later all scrapped and instead the harasser came out... However the harrasser did something interesting they allowed for faction specific variants to be equipped... a step in the right direction...
    -The other thing too is I think the player base has made the Dev's scared too do faction specifics anymore. Every time a faction specific weapon comes out the other two faction's cry out for the nerf. Perhaps the weapons are imbalanced in certain situations... In the grand scheme of things Maybe they should work on making weapons equally as powerful but just at different situations, I would love to see the canister more on harrassers but I think the thing isn't powerful enough at range to warrant it right now, it should really be at the distance level of the trs chaingun. Also despite the annoyance with the sauron laser cannon I think it should stay as it is the fact of the matter is that if you can keep yourself a good distance from the target you can outmanuever the sauron quite a bit, (Something I figured out during my vanu days)...
    -But back to the main point Do you guys think we'll see any more faction specific vehichles? (PS2 probably has a lifespan of about 2-3 more years before the player base fizzles out i'd reckon... so What do you think will happen?)

Re: Do you think we'll ever see any more faction Specific Vehichles in PS2

we wont be seeing any major changes or add ons until they release the playstation 4 version. Even then they will have to work out all the bugs and balances. So we may not see anything for about 6 months after the ps4 release. This is just a guess of course.

Comment

Question -- for the PS4 version, will those people be playing on the same servers as PC users, or will they be on separate PS4 servers?
      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

they will have their own servers from what i hear

Comment

Good. Filthy casuals.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I expect the faction specific buggies will eventually happen, though they'll need to find a role for them that doesn't too badly overlap the Harasser. I also expect that SOE will continue to favour Nanite Systems vehicles for simple development expediency. You could literally have three different vehicles for the cost of making a single class of vehicle empire specific.

The primary reason faction specific vehicles don't happen often is that it's EXPENSIVE. It triples every relevant category of work, and a vehicle at a Planetside 2 level of detail is a pretty expensive investment that requires the bandwidth of pretty much the entire team. Planetside 1 could pull it off more easily because it was the start of the millenium; game development with modern tech and modern visual standards is just orders of magnitude more costly.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
              I expect the faction specific buggies will eventually happen, though they'll need to find a role for them that doesn't too badly overlap the Harasser.
              Impossible. Harassers are the perfect vehicle. ;-)

In all reality though, I'd be up for figuring out their capabilities.
              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Well, there's some pretty obvious places for differentiation. The Vanu buggy is the Thresher, which in PS1 was a hover vehicle, and from the model still is. The original PS1 Marauder had a forward facing gun for the third passenger, and IIRC the original Enforcer had a rocket launcher where the others just had regular guns. A lot of that doesn't translate well to PS2, but there's a lot of potential to just having them exemplify their faction traits a lot better.

Personally, I'd love to see them thought of as squad support/transport vehicles rather than hit-and-run skirmishers like the Harasser. There's a mechanized infantry role to be had there that the Harasser isn't well suited to play, and which doesn't see a whole lot of use.

Comment

-here would be my ideal buggy 5 seats 1 driver 1 gunner and 3 maybe four rumble seats with the rumble seats having the turett stabilization... rumble seats in planetside have been in desperate need of turret stabilization for a while now especially considering the fact that in planet side you have to account for weapon recoil. so accounting for both vehicle movement and weapon recoil makes the rumble seats nearly unusable for firing weapons.

Comment

As they should be, IMO. Rumble seats should be a position of vulnerability and marginal effectiveness, not dedicated gunner positions.

Comment

All I can say is that there are, already available in the game files, several cosmectics designed for the ES NC Buggy, the Enforcer. Although the base chassis model is not present, and neither are files/references to the other ES buggies, we might see something new at some point :)

Ba-dum-tss
                      My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
                      Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

of course but its kind of ridiculous when infantry have difficulty fireing at the flash behind them that's hitting them with the grenade launcher. The only weapon ive seen that's even remotely effective in a rumble seat is the phoenix launcher that's why If I'm engaging an enemy And I have a heavy assault in the back I try and give him a firing angle honestly tI don't think the rumble seat should be mostly useless, small arms should be effective against harassers that are following you, maybe even some light esf damage. Also going to the valk provided the pilot is on a relatively smooth course (Not flipping and dodging like when engaging esfs) I think rumble seats should be able to help in clearing out perhaps a rooftop from light assaults that have taken over (Obviously the weapons they've given us on the vehicle aren't effective in that task so Why not the rumble seat?) I think the engi's repair from the back job should stay were its at as far as the rate of repair but more angles on where you can do that might be in order as well.
                        -I gotta say I disagree. rumble seats need a buff in the aim department provided the driver isnt running full speed you should be able to shoot at infantry that are going after you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X