PSA - Infantry Render Distance Increase Confirmed >700m

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] PSA - Infantry Render Distance Increase Confirmed >700m

I saw some people commenting on this on SOE's forums and realized my gameplay had been feeling better at range. Got in-game to take a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/DFHxBla.jpg

I haven't seen any official word from SOE though.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Re: PSA - Infantry Render Distance Increase Confirmed >700m

So no more getting hit by infantry we can't hit back? Excellent.
    MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Hmm. Now infantry won't be immune to orbiting Liberators.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
        Hmm. Now infantry won't be immune to orbiting Liberators.
        I typically don't attack aircraft from within the base being assaulted, I spawn a base over and hit it from there. But yes, that could get annoying. Also, if for unknown reasons someone has their render distance turned down, that could be a huge disadvantage.

sigpic

Comment

Yes. I really like this for many reasons but one of my first things that I did in PS2 was to look at the map and plan out a sniper over watch of the battle. Sent 20 minutes getting set up in enemy territory only to find that I couldn't even see the fight at that range. Then whent bye bye to all my ideas about the long range stealth killer that I like playing. Sure I know that I will only fire ( at most ) a couple times per minute but I like slow and careful.
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

This is probably scaled pretty drastically by battle size. I really doubt you'll get a 700m view distance in a big battle.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
              This is probably scaled pretty drastically by battle size. I really doubt you'll get a 700m view distance in a big battle.
              Oh yeah? Why do you think I'm building a new computer that will cost OVER 9000 dollars? :p
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Comment

Uncle Tony says his '486 would rock Quake. It was $5000

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                    Oh yeah? Why do you think I'm building a new computer that will cost OVER 9000 dollars? :p
                    If you think a fancy new computer will make people render any further for you, then I hope you're also helping pay to upgrade everybody's bandwidth while you're at it... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMac View Post
                      Uncle Tony says his '486 would rock Quake. It was $5000
                      I'm sure it did (and was), back in '96.
                      Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                      If you think a fancy new computer will make people render any further for you, then I hope you're also helping pay to upgrade everybody's bandwidth while you're at it... ;)
                      It will. Just as my new ultra high DPI gayman mouse with LED lights is going to automatically improve my KDR.
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

LEDs = [email protected]

Comment

Im really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really jealous of all you people sometimes im playing at 15 fps
                          -nonetheless one time I was looking through my 12x scope on my longshot (Yes I know most people dont like the 12x scope but its my favorite) I noticed something kind of funny. It was only a few pixels but I noticed people on that far away hill were rendering as their character models... If anyone has ever done 3d modelling you'll know what Im talking about. first you create your character standing straight out with their arms shoulder level and then you make the model move from that point on. Well these were the base models I was seeing it was kind of odd.

Comment

They were in the T pose? Huh. Guess there's some over-aggressive level of detail optimizations on the animations, or a bug in the animation code at that LOD.

Comment

PS2 has always had aggressive animation LOD. Don't characters still turn into sprites past a certain distance?
                              Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X