Look, we are famous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, we are famous

Video made by a VS attacking one of our distraction squads.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-there.211442/

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Re: Look, we are famous

Boy you guys sure made them angry to get a magrider way out/up there ahha. Nice hold guys, good stuff.

Comment

And that's what it looks like when I kill you! Only wish I could have done it sooner.

Comment

That was painful to watch... :P

Comment

I must say, I was wondering what took you guys so long to eliminate the threat? It looked like maybe you were getting it from a couple sides (plus enemy air at one point)?

It also looked like, for all the kills, they never really dislodged you though. lol
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

That was a painful struggle. Medics had a hard time reviving everyone. I still cannot believe how long we stood!

Comment

we were getting hit by both factions after the NC got dunked on, so we were left alone. We kept going on but eventually too much air made it impossible to continue

Comment

I recall this fight but I disagree with some of his characterizations as seen in their forums. However, if the mag driver ever reads this, I think he played quite well in terms of positioning and execution.

Wait... wait. This is not the fight I thought it was. Here is the video for a similar fight. We were taking out sunderers by Quartz Ridge.
                Last edited by Garthra; 01-05-2015, 12:49 AM.
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

-This video is the exact reason for having a sniper in your long range av squads exacteley for people like this, I was rooting for tg the whole time
                  -Btw nice snipe GeneralCain

Comment

Ha, looks like you guys were crashing the VS and TR party.

Well done Medics keeping people alive and it was a good thing you had a sniper.

One critique: people seemed a little slow to make use of that hill to the squad's left (tanker's right) for workable cover. In a situation like that, seek cover before returning fire; leave everyone else behind unless you're a Medic. Regroup + focus fire. The tanker capitalized on the mayhem caused even though you had enough to do deal with the threat.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Jengles, I agree that would have been the right way to approach that. To be fair, though: I think it might have been a real challenge to make that call. It was night, with contact on multiple sides, engaging targets below, and with multiple people in the squad too dead to make accurate assessments, plus I don't think anyone really had a bead on that magrider until it already engaged and was causing havoc everywhere... and if the kill streak on the MANA turret is any indication, almost nobody was really noticing or thinking about that turret.

Comment

even though it looks like we were going bananas we were actually pretty calm. Comms were clear everyone was talking to each other. We couldnt stay to close to the walls since PPA splash damage was too much. If I remember correctly I think I had asked cain to shoot that guy in the face once I saw his location lololol

Comment

-The whole time i was screaming into my computer screen (COME ON TG KICK HIS PURPLE SPANDEX A**)

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                            Jengles, I agree that would have been the right way to approach that. To be fair, though: I think it might have been a real challenge to make that call. It was night, with contact on multiple sides, engaging targets below, and with multiple people in the squad too dead to make accurate assessments, plus I don't think anyone really had a bead on that magrider until it already engaged and was causing havoc everywhere... and if the kill streak on the MANA turret is any indication, almost nobody was really noticing or thinking about that turret.
                            This is why I advocate that players should call out whenever they die, and perhaps add target type and direction (hit markers) when it seems valuable. This would have helped greatly against both the tank and AV turret as they were highly unexpected. That way, SLs naturally are aware when your squad is dying rapidly and needs cover.

Also, I was thinking more about the MAXes that were killed by the tank, so aware of the danger, revived to a fraction of health, and then returned fire instead of seeking cover.

I know it's easier to evaluate after the fact, I'm just thinking of what can be learned from the video so we can better react in the future.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X