Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent video about basic mechanics

Moment by moment breakdown of FPS mechanics in scrim play. Some takeaways:
    • Crosshair placement (the main thing he harps on throughout the video) is key and is what lets him win a lot of head on engagements. His crosshair is where he expects an enemy's head to show up AT ALL TIMES, he's never looking at the ground, and he rarely has the sights down when he expects contact. "Do the aiming before you have to"
    • He's never interested in engaging the enemy except on the most favourable terms. He retreats from battle with even minor damage and reloads and prepares in safe ground.
    • He is constantly aware of his angles; he knows what's exposed and tries to only ever show himself to one enemy at a time. Good use of corners and hard cover. When attempting to attack a certain angle, he's usually trying to expose himself ONLY to that angle. When he makes mistakes and gets caught by two people at once he usually goes down.
    • He consistently shows excellent sense of enemy movement and flow of battle, to the point where he plays mindgames with the enemy and intuits whether they're doubling back on him or not.
    • When guarding a door he's doing his best to be at unexpected angles
    • He slices the pie when turning corners and trying to catch enemies shooting through the door. That is: he circles around the corner *slowly* and *from a distance*
    • He catches the enemy while they're moving, not when they've got their sights up (IE, he hits them when THEY aren't worrying about crosshair placement). This is important; sprinting and traversing open ground makes you vulnerable. Moving a little slower with your sights up is safer against the direction you're covering. This is why I often order my squads to a walking pace in an advance.
    • He uses grenades to get information via hit indicators. I'd never considered this before, it's a neat trick! A good takeaway is to avoid taking splash damage because you're giving information to your enemy.

Re: Excellent video about basic mechanics

Great points to keep in mind.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

-quick thought, there was a wrel video that explained this a while back, when making use of low cover like railings on the top of buildings and sutch, looking down will actually lower your in game head model enough as to were the enemy wont be able to fire on you. A useful tip for medics perhaps.
      -Also this whole video should help me due to my low frames could give me a slight edge.

Comment

Wow, his anti-recoil is perfect.

The video shows demonstrates his points really well.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Yeah, he counters his recoil pretty flawlessly. A lot of it is ingrained reflexes, too; there's a section in there where it actually gets him killed, because he engages one guy and then another one shows up to the right, and he automatically twitches towards that target, ultimately killing neither. He then discusses it a bit more, saying that sometimes that reflex even leads you to shoot BETWEEN targets as you average between them. It's interesting how much of what he does is so practiced as to be automatic.

Comment

Recoil? What recoil?! He's playing TR and VS! lol
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

^^^BWAHAHAHA
              -But ever try the em1 for heavy things like a laser gun MADE OF BULLETS!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X