Tidal Wave of Tweaks Coming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Tidal Wave of Tweaks Coming

According to Higby's latest tweets, there's a large number of tweaks coming to a variety of weapons and vehicles including the Valk of all things. Check out the increased ROF on the Enforcer and constant reload mechanic among others:

https://twitter.com/mhigby

Re: Tidal Wave of Tweaks Coming

The Vanguard and Magrider abilities are fine IMO.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

*deleted a post about ES MBT abilites being balanced...

edit: ok, I might have been a little confused here. After rereading it seems he was talking about secondary gun abilities.
      Last edited by eD_ru$h; 01-14-2015, 11:50 AM.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Glad they're getting back into full swing after the break.

Comment

I don't know how I feel about them changing my godsaw =(

Comment

What? What are they changing about the SAW? I swear man, with all the changes I keep hearing about, I don't think I'm going to like this game any more by the time I get back...
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

the gauss saw is still fine. The Godsaw which is the directive gun you unlock after auraxing 6 LMG's. Right now it has a 150 round drum but they are changing it the 65! This is my primary HA weapon and that's a big change lol

Comment

Get over it ya heavy assualt! (said jokingly) If your gonna play heavy do it right with resist shield, that way its still fair to the person that got the drop on you... other than that
                -I saw no mention of the valk on the tweeter feed, ALTHOUGH IM REALLY UP FOR SOME BUFFS ON THE VEHICLE BECAUSE I LOVE HOW IT FLYS... (Oh wait there it is gosh dang it i want the buffs sooner...)
                -I also like the idea of the invite in local hex button... but for tg perposes i doubt it will be very smart to use it unless we are running a mostly pubbie squad. Also looks like the tr and vs are getting buffs to their weapons... Anyone else really want the shotgun of our harrassers to do light damage to armour, i mean the trs chaingun does it why cant we have the same thing!
                -ramble ramble ramble points made^^^

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondScout View Post
                  -I also like the idea of the invite in local hex button... but for tg perposes i doubt it will be very smart to use it unless we are running a mostly pubbie squad.
                  In my mind that's an even worse time to use it! You've already got a squad with questionable discipline and cohesion, and they CHOSE to join a TG squad! I don't think it's a feature we'll get a whole lot of use out of.

It'd be a very good feature for the game, though. A lot of players don't squad up and miss a big part of the game, and that's even a big part of the confusion in the new player experience. If a pubbie platoon can hoover up all the unaffiliated players and get them pointed in roughly the same direction, that's a good thing, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                    It'd be a very good feature for the game, though. A lot of players don't squad up and miss a big part of the game, and that's even a big part of the confusion in the new player experience. If a pubbie platoon can hoover up all the unaffiliated players and get them pointed in roughly the same direction, that's a good thing, IMO.
                    Agreed on new player pubbie platton thing for sure

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
                      the gauss saw is still fine. The Godsaw which is the directive gun you unlock after auraxing 6 LMG's. Right now it has a 150 round drum but they are changing it the 65! This is my primary HA weapon and that's a big change lol
                      Dude, that is just ridiculous. You grind so long to get Auraxium in 6 different LMGs just to unlock this cool weapon, and then they just nerf it into the ground. That is awful, just awful.

Well, it seems to follow SOE's typical cycle of: release cool new weapon -> wait until everyone buys it* -> nerf it into the ground.

* Yes I realize in this case it wasn't a purchase. Substitute "grind long and hard" for "purchase" in this case. But you get my meaning.
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Randy, that's ridiculous. Most of the time SOE seems to go the other way entirely (creating a weak weapon and then balancing it upwards later), and in this case it isn't even a nerf, it's juggling some weapon strengths around.

In place of the large magazine they're adding the compensator and forward grip benefits (IIRC, the Godsaw couldn't equip those attachments before), essentially making it a more controllable weapon at range. On top of that, they're giving it a very high speed projectile.

So, instead of being a (from my understanding) obnoxiously difficult to control heavy hitting LMG with an extra large magazine, it's being reworked into a heavy hitting long range LMG that has more accuracy and rewards careful shot placement more. That's not "better" or "worse", it's just different.

Disclaimer: I've never played with the weapon, having not Auraxiumed 6 friggin' LMGs, all information is second hand.

Comment

I've auraxiumed the Godsaw already it was a struggle at first but once I started to understand its strengths and weaknesses the gun is a beast! If they are changing the ammo count they better drop that reload time from almost 8 seconds to at least 3.5 seconds

Comment

It took 8 seconds!?!

Comment

felt like it lol

i think its 7 seconds short

7.5 long

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server