Outfit Statistics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outfit Statistics

So I found myself looking at outfit statistics, and I found some interesting things to maybe keep in the back of our heads. TG currently has 530 members, that's a lot of people. Now if you've ever wondered why TR or Vanu zergs just seem insurmountable sometimes, this could be why. Only going to name a few of the outfits that are very common to see: AOD has 8000 members, Draugar has 1267, 382nd has 2300. Now for Vanu: Solid State Vanu has 1413 members, Da Pahty Poopahs has 2200 members, VSA has 2300 members.

Now for the NC's biggest: Phoenix Battalion has 2300 members, Sub Global has 3000 members. Beyond those two and a couple others that have 600-750 members we are next in line for members.

In short....big grats to NC and TG in general for making them NEED so many.

Re: Outfit Statistics

we dont kick players for inactivity. also TG was like one of the first 10 outfits in the whole game to be created and one of the few original outfits left, Alot have merged or disbanded. The ones you've mentioned are considered "zergfits" that just put a waypoint down and say go there. While outfits like TG, BAX, TIW, BWC, 1TR, DA, AC etc do the more tactical spec ops stuff. I do have to say tho AOD has come a long way from a farmable outfit to a more organized outfit which have numerous branches now.

Comment

Indeed, the outfit numbers are apples to oranges comparisons as pointed out above. Add in factors like cohesiveness and you could end up with something crazy like a 10:1 relative factor.

I believe the PS2 admins made an explicit decision to not compromise quality for growth at the outset.

And besides, we simply cannot be compared to so-called outfits that name themselves "Da Pahty Poopahs".

Beneath our dignity.

We stoop to conquer.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
        BAX, TIW, BWC, 1TR, DA, AC etc do the more tactical spec ops stuff
        Here, I'll simplify these outfits based on my playtime with all three factions.

BAX: 48 BR100s who are good with the redeploy button.
        TIW: Recursion wannabes, that's all.
        BWC: 48 players in the air with Tomcats, "Tactical"
        1TR: Some new player filter outfit that has few reputable players.
        DA: A fun, enjoyable, knowledgeable, respectable group of players who know what they are doing.
        AC: All about that Head Shot Ratio.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
        ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

lol penny doesn't mean they are all perfect. I like the DA description =p

But yeah I really do enjoy 1TR, I joined their outfit with my TR alt but haven't told them Im in TG

Comment

-all I know is that For every tg guy we have they need five blueberries to be even close to as effective and even then...

Comment

On a related note, this global look at PS2 populations March 2013 to Feb 2015 in interesting.

It appears to imply a nightly global population of PS2 under 5,000 players at present.

Not at all sure if the graph is authoritative or if I have interpreted it correctly.
              sigpic

Comment

I would consider before posting something negative about another outfit on a public forum that represents TG as a whole, as well as each of us as members. For my part any outfit that keeps its guys cohesive and is not rude to their own players or other players, they are fine by me. And if some outfits are more tactical, so much the better for us to learn from/with.
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                  On a related note, this global look at PS2 populations March 2013 to Feb 2015 in interesting.

It appears to imply a nightly global population of PS2 under 5,000 players at present.

Not at all sure if the graph is authoritative or if I have interpreted it correctly.
                  I think the graph is representing a 7000-14000 person population at high tide, and if you dig into Matterson's numbers it's more like 3000. The number corresponds to how many people logged in in the given hour, so it's got some representation of churn.

3000 people is pretty substantial, about 3 continents worth of people. It's little wonder we never have locked continents on prime time.

Comment

Originally posted by Garthra View Post
                    I would consider before posting something negative about another outfit on a public forum that represents TG as a whole, as well as each of us as members. For my part any outfit that keeps its guys cohesive and is not rude to their own players or other players, they are fine by me.
                    Hmmm? Not sure who you are calling out, but I simply was stating my opinion. I have 0 respect for outfits that spam broken elements of the game such as tomcats. Yeah teamwork is fun but doing stupid stuff like that is at the expense of everyone elses enjoyment.

On topic: Regneir, are these numbers from active members or total members? These large outfits have drawn in a large amount of new players that played for a bit but haven't logged in in months.

“Big Brother is Watching You.”
                    ― George Orwell, "1984"

Comment

Originally posted by penandpencilman View Post
                      Here, I'll simplify these outfits based on my playtime with all three factions.

BAX: 48 BR100s who are good with the redeploy button.
                      TIW: Recursion wannabes, that's all.
                      BWC: 48 players in the air with Tomcats, "Tactical"
                      1TR: Some new player filter outfit that has few reputable players.
                      DA: A fun, enjoyable, knowledgeable, respectable group of players who know what they are doing.
                      AC: All about that Head Shot Ratio.
                      I LOLed!

-----

As a life long entrepreneur and student of leadership, it has been interesting to me to watch the rise and fall of the various outfits over time. And especially since I have personally come to know many of the leaders and key people in those organizations on at least some level.

The macro level politics involved in faction alliances and coordination have always been interesting to me sort of in the same way that the news stories I heard out of EVE Online were. It's basically a study in sociology, politics, and economics (the latter only in the case of EVE, or the upcoming Star Citizen, the developers of which (my understanding is) have actually hired a(n) economist(s)!
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X