Anyone interested?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone interested?

Hex warfare, Valkyrie pilots, and epic fights! About 9 months ago I preposed the idea of having a TG vs TG night on the test sever. People seemed interested but I never did anything so nothing happend. But when I get back home I should have some time on my hands and would be willing to run a couple of these nights a month. There would be sign up threads and we would have to somehow balance out the people who want to play as NC and TR. As far as what we would be doing, I have had some new ideas other than just the normal, capture the base fight. I will meantion one of them and if there is interest, I write down more.

• Capture and Hold.
    This is where we would set two squads against each other over some piece of land or object. Sometimes base fights get old and fighting over a hill or swamp can be fun. This would probably happen in a medium size hex. Both teams would have a Sunderer outside of the hex with one Valkyrie as transport. The Valkyrie would not have squad spawn and could only take four people at a time. Meaning that your squad would deploy in three groups of four. Valkyrie vs Valkyrie action wouldn't be allowed but people on the ground in the hex could shoot at the Valkyrie. And with out squad spawn you will have to get close to the ground to let off the group which encourages stealth and caution. Redeployment would be handled the same way and it would be squad leads call if to bring in one person or wait till others died.

Loadouts would have to be discussed ahead of time to make sure they are balanced.

As far as keeping track of who is winning, it would be timed. To mark who is in control, a squad beacon would be placed on the object. The only way for the other squad to take control would be to put their own up after the other teams was destroyed. But they could only kill the beacon with a knife. Than someone acting as a judge would keep track of how long each beacon was up and than at the end of the round add then up. The beacon would have to be placed up on something that would keep grenades from blowing it up.

I thought about using a medic shield generator but this would force the observer to have line of sight on the object where as the beacon would show from much further. Also as using the beacon would be the object would have to be outside so not good for in a building. This is a just a unfinished ideas that I thought was cool so work is still needed. Anyway if anyone is interested, reply with your name and if you have an idea of your own, I'm all ears. I would be willing to put this together if enough people for two squads are interested. It would probably happen on a Saturday but if there is enough interest, I can start a poll for that.

Positions to fill for this would be:
    2x Pilots
    2x Gunners?
    2x Squad Leaders
    22x Squad members
    1x Judge
    So 27 people would be needed.

Thanks for your time.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Anyone interested?

every now and then I switch to TR and VS to make things interesting, but mostly to see what we can improve on. I'll send a tell to that individual person and just give them a few tips =)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostshooter101 View Post
      I'll send a tell to that individual person and just give them a few tips =)
      If you are talking about the person who is making the loadouts, that would be really helpful. I was more thinking that the loadouts would be like how many infiltraters would be allowed per squad. But if someone wanted to go to the detail of individual class loadouts that would also be fine.

If you are talking about the people who will be playing as the TR/VS squad, than there would be more than one person to send the tell to. Also would it be better to have a VS and TR squad so that neither have the familiar factor?

Also, I forgot to mention that this particular kind of fight would not have Max's. I think it would unbalance it a little to much with Max's being so range different. But it's up to discussion. Has anyone played as TR or VS Max? If so what did you think of it compared to the NC Max? And with Valkyries as transport, Max's would throw a wrench into that.
      "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

-The other thing is that on the test server my character is Vanu. (LASHER SUPPRESSIVE FIRE FOR THE WIN!). I'm definatley up for this but im a little scared to do this because (Were all so good and were used to fighting generally non organized players.)
        Can fill the pilot Sl or squad members roll respectiveley. Though I'd Like to see some of the most expeirienced Squad Leaders go against each other just to see who would win. Maybe say Garthra V.S. Starstriker?

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondScout View Post
          Though I'd Like to see some of the most expeirienced Squad Leaders go against each other just to see who would win. Maybe say Garthra V.S. Starstriker?
          I would like to see this happen, but not to see who wins, but how they counter and plan against each other. I feel that this will get competitive but I don't want it to the point that new people don't want to play because it is too intense. This would be for fun and working on our weakness that aren't exposed when "regular" squads fight us. But yes, that would be fun.

I would be real cool if we could get two squads against each other but I don't think we have the numbers for that. But if we wanted a less confrontational fight we could do something simple that is more child's play. Like running armor squads. ;)

Comment

Bwaaa Armour.... I don't know we probably could have two squads against each other. Lately recruitment has been picking up a huge HUGE amount. Frequently we've been running full on platoons often times enough to have a full bravo and alpha and sometimes even a Charlie squad.

I would also be interested to see how this plays out in terms of tactics, and your right on the whole it wouldn't necessarily be who wins but what tactics they employ, sorta thing. It gets me curious though, Im fairly sure Garthra has had some experience in Arma, and considering the fact that we'd be facing one squad against another, instead of fighting through whole entire armies, we might see some similar tactics, used. On the other hand Star is a very intense SL, and I constantly see him moving and thinking on his feet. (He may have had arma experience Unsure ATM). He may possibly try quite a few flanking maneuvers and some unusual tactics. Of course We would only be able to see once we got around to playing.

Comment

I want this to happen! please! :D
              And about Beacon vs Medic Shield, I think Medic shield is better option since it doesn't have any timer limitation.
              sigpic
              "Keep calm and wait for the medic."
              {45 270 lives saved}

Comment

I'd just like to point out that, as important a role as the SL is, it's merely a force multiplier for the soldiers fighting for you. A squad that included, say, Alex would have a substantial advantage in sustaining attrition. The skills, discipline, and attitude the SMs bring to the fight is as important as their leadership, the SM's aren't interchangeable! :)

As for Arma experience... I've never played the game, but I have played the BF2 mod Project Reality with TG, which was in many ways an Arma-lite. That said, while I was known to lead squads in PR from time to time, the majority of my leadership expertise has been developed over the last few years in Planetside 2.

Comment

Found the original thread here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...-practice.html it was not as long ago as I thought, so I will assume that the people interested in it then are still somewhat interested.

To save time I would like to address some questions that where brought up in this thread. Also I'm clarifying that this thread it talking about my second idea in that thread, of a competitive fight.
                  Originally posted by ghostshooter101
                  “The only issue i can think of atm is balancing the teams but this is something i am willing to help set up if we get enough people involved.”
                  Balancing will be something that we can't nail down perfectly as each faction has it own specific characteristics. But I will be looking to the more experienced people here for impute on what is fair.
                  Originally posted by starstriker1
                  “One way we might want to try and do this is to partner with some other outfits, in and out of the NC, and do occasional 1-2 squad sized scrims. It was a fun and challenging exercise in our BWC tank skirmish, and I'm sure we could get a few other outfits interested.”
                  Originally posted by Ironman
                  “I'm in. Also I like the idea of working with enemy faction to scrim against. When we did training with alts it was easy to pick apart a squad of people you are use to playing with. Also the people on alts don't get the same training though you can rotate who is an alt but we seem to be low on members to do that. Even if we have to work with a NC outfit just getting a chance to go up against people your unfamiliar with seems better to me.”
                  Partner with other outfits? I would love to but we need to try this out our-self's first. After that we could bring in others after the wrinkles get ironed out. But that is just what I think.
                  Originally posted by Zombiesnack99
                  “I know as TG, squad members tend not to argue with SL for very good reasons, but this has led to an atmosphere in which SL has to really solicit ideas, and if a squad member has another approach they may not be likely to voice it. Not sure what the balance point is between a squad run by committee and one that can offer useful suggestions if needed.”
                  A adjective would be set that both teams knew of. Weather that be taking a base or hacking a Sunderer from a enemy base. We could have some really fun and different objectives with different rules of play but that will be a little bit in the future as everything will have to be tested and balanced. Then the two teams would put there heads together and come up with some different plains. But the SL would be the one to say what they do in the end. Then the round would be started and both teams wound move out. Then when one team gets killed or the objective is completed the round is over. The AAR for this should also be small and focus more on things to do different next time.

Now as far as "objectives" (game modes) I will have to make a format of game rules and all the info needed. Than when they get approved, I can add them to an official game list thread if that is something worth while. As far as I go for running one of these events, it will have to wait at least one or two weeks after I get back from Africa, so late March early April. So that will give us plenty of time to get a couple of "objectives" and rules figured out.

If someone wants to go ahead and set one up, go for it. Also, I feel this is a group effort but I Will be doing what I can to make sure this happens. But any input is of great importance. Also since I might not have Internet for the next month, others will have to carry on the torch. That is if I don't have good internet, we will see.

[MENTION=88143]Alex021[/MENTION] I would like to use the Shield Generator as the marker, but that means all medics will have to give up that slot just to carry that. I was also thinking of limiting Medics to Two as this would encourage staying up and making a decisive plays, as you don't have the attrition for long engagements. But on the other point there is a timer on the beacon with while is fast on the highest level, might hinder gameplay. That or it would make teams want not to put it down unless they know they can hold it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex021 View Post
                    I want this to happen! please! :D
                    And about Beacon vs Medic Shield, I think Medic shield is better option since it doesn't have any timer limitation.
                    I know right I want this to happen also! Though I don't know how fare it would be to have You on one persons team, though awsomeQ (Maybe, I know its one of the new recruits) Has also seemed to be a pretty good medic lately.

-In reference to what Star said While a lot of what happens relies on how the squad performs, a lot of it has to do with leadership as well. The idea and tactical play behind a squads actions can lead a squad to victory or defeat, while the individuals in said squad have to work together in order to carry out the orders. It really is a mix of the two. It isn't Solely the Squad lead and it isn't solely the individuals in the squad. (I frequently find myself wishing for tg medics when solo-ing.)

Comment

i´m glad to see someone placing those cards on the table,we can improve so many aspects of our gameplay.
                      We can also practise things we don´t usually do like dogfighting for example.
                      I´m definitely in.

Comment

As I have bee thinking about what different "Objectives" for these events, I came to the conclusion that TG PS2 has two different kinds of Play-styles. They are not mutually exclusive but more personal preference.

One is a more Realistic and Immersive focused. While the other is more Effective and Competitive focused. I fall into both camps on different days. With that in mind I'm trying to make my "Objectives" with both Play-styles in the mix. Similar to the Objective I mentioned already.

So my question is, are you interested in maybe a little more Realistic Objective where one squad is tasked with maybe a patrol and the other one with an ambush? Or should we just keep the Objectives as more Competitive and Similar to what we normally see on the battlefield of PS2?

I think that I have come to the conclusion that we should have a TR and VS squad as it only seems fair. Also using Squad Beacon as marker as the time to replace would add a fun dynamic. But if you have input, let me know.

Also, what do you guys think about having set names like TGTango5 or something like that. This would keep people from singling out someone like Alex. But at the same time it might be confusing. What do you think?
                        Last edited by MatthewDaManiac; 02-27-2015, 06:02 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

TG TD War Game
                          Smoking Evacuation, Stealth Squads, and a Flash.

Objective
                          One squad is tasked with surviving for 15 minutes in enemy territory. The other squad is tasked with killing them. No respawns for either squad. After 15 minutes the stranded squad can call in smoke for pickup. They can only use two smokes. The Hex should be medium in size and should have lots of cover. 3 Valkyries would be transport with no gunners and enemy's can fire light arms at them. The squad that is trying to stop the escaping squad, will have one Flash. If a vehicle gets destroyed, they are out of the round. Two rounds would happen with both squads playing each role and the winner would be decided by the number of troops the escaping squad got out. The Escaping squad would be dropped somewhere in the Hex and wait for 30s while the attacking squad chooses one of the 4 Sunderers to spawn at. The 4 Sunderers would each be in one direction of the compass outside the hex.

Strategies
                          Escaping Squad.
                          They would want to either remain still and try not to be spotted or move so that it is harder for the attacking squad to keep track of them without blowing their cover. Both have advantages and the squad would have to decide. Alternatively they could go on a all out attack and try to hunt down the Attacking Squad while they are still searching to find them.

Attacking Squad.
                          They would want to find the escaping squad and either set up an ambush or wait till the escape vehicles arrive and attack then. Using the Flash to find them could be tricky as the noise could give it away.

Rules that need to be discussed
                          Load Out limitations, We don't want a all stocker cloak Infil squad… Or do we?
                          Can the Attacking Squad use rockets against the escaping squads Valkyries?
                          Should the Valkyrie pilots turn of friendly tags so that they can only go off directions of the squad and the smoke they deploy?
                          Should the Attacking Squad have a gun on their flash?
                          Should the objective be changed at all.
                          Are bases off limits for this war-game?
                          Are silencers allowed?

Also this is just my idea of fun if you disagree, say so. Otherwise we will be stuck playing boring war-games. ;)

Comment

Okay, so I'm not seeing much interest, but im going to set up a date and see how many people would be able to attend. If you want to attend but can't make that day or time just leave a time/day that would work better for you (Not a Friday). This is a test run to see what happens. I'm not planning special wargames just more normal fights. I'm willing to do all the outside referee work even if that means I can't play. It would happen on:
                            CDT-CST time April 11th at 4-6pm or 8-9pm
                            GMT time April 11th at 9-11pm or the 12th at 12-2am
                            On the test server
                            TS3 needed

I will run it if I can get at lest 12 other people by the first of April. I will give full instructions on how to sign up then if there are enough people. If you really want this to happen, I would maybe ask the people that don't visit the forums if they are interested. Thanks for your consideration.

Comment

Well it looks like there isn't the interest needed to do such an event. If more people become interested I would be willing to set up another date but until then, thanks for your guys impute.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X