Command Station

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Station

I have discussed the issue of redeploying as a platoon and have a quick thought on the subject. Someone asked if we could have a no redeploy platoon. There was quite a few of us who thought it was too unpractical. But at the same time redeploying from base to base can really mess up immersion. So here is a idea that might help make things more interesting. (Redeploying is when you are alive. Deploying is when you are dead.)

For a more realistic Platoon.
    At the start of the platoon or when continents are switched the platoon would set up a command station somewhere in the middle of friendly territory. Whenever someone needs to redeploy they would go there. (The transport drivers/pilots are the exeption along with squads that are pulling armor) Transport would be pulled from a nearby base and then the squad would be picked up and moved to their new objective.

How is this different from redeploying to the Warpgate?
    1. It spawns us in a TG environment instead of the craziness of the warp gate.
    2. The pilot can fly while the squad is changing their equipment and then pick them up and take them to their objective.
    3. You will be picked up by your squads transport vehicle/s after you spawn, instead of just loading up in a vehicle that is already there.
    4. All the leaders can talk to each other without clogging comms or battling the blueberries.
    5. We will be seeing different locations instead of the warp gate, making each night more easily remediable.
    6. Its just way cooler.
    7. It give E-male the chance to help without being in comms. ;)

Again this is just an idea.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Command Station

I like it!

Comment

And very interesting variation on the game. This game can be played so many different ways. It is all up to the leadership of the time (SL or PL) to take charge and take the initiative.

Off to my chip truck now . . .
      sigpic

Comment

^^^ I think if I ever get back around to leading a platoon ill try this

Comment

Note, this will have to be announced before the platoon starts as people joining will not know. Maybe try it on a FNF and see how it goes first.
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

This is the sort of situation I have created a few times.

Once I had 2 squad member (gunners) drive a repair and ammo sunny to an area far into enemy lands away from any bases, then used this area as a fall back/reload/repair point for an air squad.

Another time we were running armour hit and run behind enemy lines, poking our noses into TR and VS business, when the squad got wiped, except for a MAX.

Our next mission was to rescue this MAX from been taken by the enemy. This involved an ammo sunderer to pick him up, a skyguard and I believe 2 or 3 gunned vanguards. We had no radio contact from the MAX (AFK) but decided it was a worthwhile mission to save one of our own.

We set off 'weapons RED' from the warp gate as a column until we passed the front line, I had the rescue squad hold back at each dip in the terrain while I scouted ahead as a lone vanguard.

The idea been If I was spotted and engaged, I could call it and retreat back to the squads location who could jump out of cover and neutralise any threats to the mission.

If I remember rightly, just before we made radio contact with the MAX, he was engaged, so we went weapons GREEN, with the whole squad braking cover rushing to meet at a centre area for extraction under fire then retreating back to cover. We lost some hardware but every member of the squad made it to safety.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X