Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• point hold videos

Re: point hold videos

The first video is the one that strikes my interest because triples are some of the most common base configs . Minimal presence on the stairs with C4 prep for when maxs approach is a really good idea. We should have a in game training session to see if we can improve the idea.

Sunderer7

Comment

Two engineers and a heavy per stair seems like a really good balance for holding the stairs; it's tough to fit more people anyways, and it leaves 6 members of the team to float and cover secondary entrances. That heavy could easily be swapped for a MAX, too, if MAX suits are part of the point hold.

We should experiment with pre-set C4. I'd discounted it because I thought it was too visible, but mounting it on the wall might be profitable.

Something to consider might be Falcon MAX suits for guarding the stairs. They're reasonable short-med range anti infantry weapons (a direct hit with dual falcons kills infantry if you're a good shot), but more importantly they serve a role that the engineer MANA turrets have trouble dealing with: putting down enemy MAX units quickly. Once enemy MAXes are mitigated, that removes a major risk factor in static point holds.

Comment

Agreed. i figured we could adapt to our style as maxes are usually present for point holds. I don't have falcons on my max but if they have decent splash damage( i think the ravens was nerf'd some)it could help even if you miss and do damage to infantry at the bottom of the stairs.

I was thinking C-4 on the right side as you are looking down the stairs towards the bottom, so they have to turn the corner to see it, but they most likely will be focused on people at the top.
        If it sticks to the wall all the better. Also could try left side stairs suppression fire to allow someone to move down right and drop another charge once battle started. Just certed 2 charges of C-4 into my heavy so ill do some experiments next time i log in. check placement and blast radius/area in different places.

Sunderer7

Comment

Falcons have splash damage, but nothing to write home about. You might manage a little bit of suppression or deterrence but little else. Falcons are very much direct damage weapons... that said, you catch an enemy soldier poking around the corner to take a shot and they drop like a stone. You'll lose the ability to really contain an infantry rush, though.

Comment

Comment

You could have the medics use C4. Also, why not stick it to the ceiling? Someone would have to move up on to the stairs to see it. And if you put two shotgun Maxs at the bottom of the stairs to the rooftop, they should be able to take out LAs that attack from above.
              "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

-as a c-4 addict I can say that c-4 I dont think has the blast radius to do any damage if stuck to the roof of the stairs much to far away but... doorway entrances you can stick it to the top of and it will be in range to do damage.

Comment

I'm assuming that blast doesn't actually get bigger when you have two C4?
                  "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Might be a silly question but:

Will a Proxy mine set off a C4 Charge?

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

No. The Auraxian air is too saturated with nanites to allow for the increased exothermic reaction to fully react. :D

(You know props to you for catching that! I didn't even make that connection even though its a fundamental aspect of my major.)

=====
                      Yes, you can set off any kind of mine with any other kind of mine. A common tactic to increase blast damage or radius is to set C4 and LandMines around each other.

Comment

Works a treat, unrelated, but its nice to see a driver jump out to fix his tank and set of the proxy/C4, so funny to watch...

Could be used around the point area or areas where nades tend not to end up

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I think this brings up an point. I really don't feel that we use proximity mines that much. Might be something we should look into.

Side note, that picture is SO funny. I was being reading all serious and than I saw that and laughed so hard. :)

Comment

-Quick Reply to the Maniacs earlier question it doesnt increase the blast radius however two c-4 does deal double damage useful for taking on maxes that you know have max rank flack armour equiped... Although a clip or two into them should be enough to finish them off, dont know for sure if proxys set off c-4 but A common practice in other servers at least is or was to put a brick of c-4 lying around the tank mines because I know for sure tank mines set off c-4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X