Quick Break Down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Quick Break Down

While I feel this wouldn't go so smoothly in a fight, but I would like to quickly point out some things that we might be able to build off of.

In the first 15 seconds you see them granade and move up the stairs in a predefined pattern. This was not a breach as the intended goal was to reach the outside of the next floor up. Often time you find yourself stuck with a hallway that you need to cross. I would like to point out that while there can be a huge force at each end, only 3 to 4 guys can be effectively engaging you as you cross that hall. I like how they only had one Fireteam engage the enemy as the rest moved on and them immediately set up to engage the hallway if they just came through. This could be very deadly, but with normal amounts of contact, some kind of drill like this would be nice to have. That would give them the ability to engage the enemy and possibly pick up any dead teammates.

The next move up till 25 seconds in, they are running to a predefined postion. While this is nothing much and would be completely different if under attack, I would like to think there are some things we can practice till they become habit.

Than the next two things that happen before the 37 seconds Mark are somthing I would like to try. Most building have two or more entrances which would be fun to explore the possibility of having 2 pronged assault. Most buildings you cannot breach directly into the same room from both sides. But this doesn't really matter as you could have one team distract the enemy while the other one moves in. This would allow the team that moves in to attack the enemy from behind. And as the enemy are distracted by the first team, the second team would be able to move in and attacked from behind as well. This should help to minimize the amount of casualties that would happen and maximize the amount of confusion on the enemy side. But would take much more coordination than just a normal breach which I think we need to practice more before we try more complicated attacks.

In the next part I would like to point out the teams 3 and 4did move without permission. But again it would be cool to see the effectiveness of having one team firing first and then the second team come in from behind to try to take over ther room.

Just thought that I thought I might share with you guys. What are your thoughts?
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Quick Break Down

I think it looks cool because there is no DA/AC hello-insta-360-ADADstrafe-headshot-fullauto monkey around. Otherwise, it's like they are more playing ArmA than PS2.
    The healing nade is a very nice move (I think that's the highlight of that video :D )

But what you would basically want to try, is a move-cover setup where on fireteam moves, then take position and covers second fireteam's assault, right ?

TBH this is the kind of lead and teamplay I had most of the time with my Miller outfit. That's really fun, but exhausting (I mean, mainly for the SL) and it works best if everyone know and trust eachother.

TL;DR: I think you miss PS2 too much + try this with Ghost, Garthra, Zombie, Assault and Crimson

Ba-dum-tss
    My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
    Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Hahaha, discussing tactics with you guys was the only hobby I brought over with me from the states. And with me being not able to Rent-A-Car and being in the middle of sugarcane fields pretty much means my hubbies are very limited. But other than the fact that that this is what I spend my free time when I'm not reading, writing, running, working out, more reading, and sleeping, I really do enjoy discussing stuff with you guys. I'm not the best at it, and when I get stuck in Airports for ten hour layovers I flood the forums, but at lest I hope you guys can get something out of it.

And I know I just failed at writing but, I'm ticed. So bed is calling. :)
      "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

And it's awesome to read your sometimes-out-of-the-box thinking ! It wasn't meant to sound that cold, sorry.
        As far as I'm concerned, I'm just waiting for you to come back ^_^

Ba-dum-tss
        My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
        Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed