Some quetions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some quetions

Is warp gate camping considered spawn camping?
    Am I excused from following the primer when I'm conducting a test squad? You all know me and this is not a ticket of freedom to do whatever I please, but I do need to be able to break some of the primer rules when testing. Example, damaging my squad/their exquipment.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Some quetions

The warp Gates have better and bigger spawn protection area than many other games, you can also spawn at many other places in the map from beacons to bases, so it is harder a team to be 'spawn camp'.

If a team IS Warp Gated, they have the choice to move to another continent or to fight there way out of the gate, so they still have a choice.

In many other games, when you sit and camp a spawn you remove the choice from the other team, heading straight to a spawn area to camp goes beyond the way the game was meant to be played.

I believe that Planetside 2 has over come the spawn camping issue and has made it possible for the camped team to assemble a team in their own time to counter this.

So I believe the spawn camping is not an issue in PS2

If anyone higher has something to add or counter, I am happy hear your input.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

As for the test squads...

If you need to run friendly fire test, I would suggest running them either in the VR or on the Test Server.

On the live server. It may seem ok to shoot another team mate, as you know them and they are happy to comply, but other may see this this in a different light and may copy and escalate these action.

This could create a bad name for TG as a whole.

EDIT:
      Just to add, no one, on a public accessible server is excused from been bound by the primer while they are part of TG

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

So, something like this would have to be done on test server since in VR you can't hurt friendlys?
        https://youtu.be/bcKaW_JnxLQ

Originally posted by vts
        Just to add, no one, on a public accessible server is excused from been bound by the primer while they are part of TG
        And if this means, what I think it means, than I can not test this kind of stuff on the Test Server. As it is a public Accessible Server. Sorry if I'm a little annoyed but this is a differnt game from most. I can't find a "empty" server to test thing out and more over, people won't take the time to join me on other servers. I know my test squads bring very little to TG so I'm fine with just Dropping them.

Sorry for getting frustrated. I had assumed that when I did my test squads before, that it was clear to people that I had to do damage to friendlys. It was my fault for not making it clear and I'm glad I asked. Also, I realize that I could have someone play as the other faction but this would fall under the category of "ghosting". And if it didn't this would mean that we would have to be on TS3. Which is fine by me but others would be less inclined.
        Last edited by MatthewDaManiac; 03-17-2015, 04:49 PM.
        "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

I think test squads are fine and freewheeling it in the name of testing is good, provided its done in an environment that is as controlled as possible. Otherwise our OPFOR videos would be against primer.
          Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

Thanks for this thread Matthew. As vts stated in the NCO forum, it shows that you are aware of, and want to be in compliance with, the Primer. Thanks!

Now, here's some official answers (unless our superiors say otherwise) for your questions:

- Camping the warp gate: This is fine and does not qualify as spawn camping. Spawn camping is when you camp an enemy spawn site and are able to kill them before they gain situational awareness. Since all spawn points (except deployed sunderers, which I'll get to in a moment) are safe from enemy fire, you can't camp the actual spawn site. With a deployed sunderer, a TG tagged player should be attempting to destroy the enemy spawn logistics. Some freshly spawned enemies will likely die while their spawn point is being destroyed but, that's unavoidable. Camping and killing enemies as they spawn but, not attempting to destroy the sunderer would be considered spawn camping in my book.

- Testing: Intentional friendly fire on the live server will result in my boots on that members butt. Period. Since FF is off in VR, that's out as well. I would suggest using the TEST server to conduct your testing. It's generally pretty empty there and you can inform any non-TG members that you are testing. If you have your heart set on testing on the Live server, it's mandatory to use members enemy alts.

As far as 'ghosting' goes.. that only applies if you get your VS alt on and start feeding us intel about what they are doing via TS. To the point of others being less inclined to help you because of using TS.. It's not too difficult a process to get on our TS server. You could also use a third party solution, such as Steam VoIP, Xfire, etc.

I hope this answers your questions to your satisfaction.

Sorry for the quick and dirty post.. getting ready for dinner.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=26828]Mindkill[/MENTION]. Answered all my questions. Apologies to all those people I lead to believe it was okay to test FF on live server. It was my fault for not asking sooner.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X