Can We Use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We Use?

"When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Can We Use?

There are many areas which allow you to get into a base without using the front door. I have used a similar route to this a few times, some areas you can climb, others only carbrie can climb :P

Or you can drop a turret, or jump on a vehicle to get over/on something. I see these as things that could be done in real life. Since you cannot blow a hole in it traverse around it.

I do not see an issue with this as its only because on the low gradient of the tower, other towers, this would not be possible.

I remember some areas that once could be accessed via different methods, which have now been altered to remove many of these other route by the makers.

/me looks up to the powers above for enlightenment...

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I remember one time wen i use the tanks gun to climb over a wall on Esamir.
      One guy just parked w the gun pointing to the top of the wall and u only have to walk your way in :)

Comment

Matthew: You have opened whole another world of immersion

imgurdotcom/0hKIekL link

Link is like this since I need to unlock posting links on this forum. My apologies.

Comment

Interesting you can do that with a MAX. That is fairly powerful, especially if you can get 3 or 4 maxes on top in a situation like that.

Comment

From my perspective, I don't have a problem with that maneuver. It doesn't appear to require a player to use any exploit or glitch, as you're not jumping onto an invisible texture etc., nor does it appear to be gaming the game.

Although, it would be easier (and probably more effective) to use LA's to storm the tower from the top down.

sigpic

Comment

I've never thought that this was an exploit. It has been around since those structures have and is a pretty neat means to get into a base. In a way I believe it's persistence through all of the updates suggests that the developers do not feel it is a problematic feature. It is difficult to learn but once you get the gist of it and practice it you can be quite fluid as the video shows. There are incredible risks to it though and as such it is only a tool to be used in select situations.

However, I think it'd be interesting to attempt a two squad (or two FT) suppression-climb maneuver. The idea would be to attack a turret that both provides cover for the approaching squad and lanes of fire for the suppression squad.

But I love nuances like these that in some way simulate 'climbing' a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by vts View Post
                others only carbrie can climb :P
                What is a carbrie ? :D

On topic, same goes with the main, central section of a Tech Plant, where you can jump over the shield. Or accessing its roof. Or trees in a biolab, or climbing on the vertical thingies in Amp Stations. Or climbing 80° slopes.
                AFAIK, when it's about glitching and using invisible textures, you almost always end up falling through the world. If you can still climb somewhere unsual, it must be a feature, not a bug !

Ba-dum-tss
                My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
                Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Heh did this the other day with a bb in a vanguard while I was in a max suit: I asked in prox: hey can you please point your turret toward that wall? He did, I ran up it and over the wall. He then said " wow that was the most random thing ive ever done In A tank".
                  Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X