4/5/15 relaxed/drunk Ops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/5/15 relaxed/drunk Ops

So during our boredness, Zombie decided to have us drop behind enemy lines to just hack and just cause havoc with the forces there. We would drop into Tech plants and Amp stations that we couldn't cap and hack turrets to harass enemy forces. We even attempted to pull a armor column and destroy enemy armor in the TR-VS front. During this OP, I realized one thing:

That this is a viable tactic that could be employed during alerts.

What do you think? Could we actually do this during alerts? We could make some actual progress doing this.

Re: 4/5/15 relaxed/drunk Ops

We've done it before, you pick a base a few back from the battle, and destroy anything they try to bring to the front. Denial of assets. I give it 2 thumbs up. Harassers are good for behind-enemy lines work, especially if you can hack a terminal deep behind lines and hide an ammo sundy to fall back to for... well... ammo.
    MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

This is something I depend on when rolling behind enemy line, the problem with alerts, is most factions occupy the main bases(amp stations/Tech plants/large towers and many 4 point bases, even bases far away from the front line.

To gather a squad behind lines you need to find a route to an empty base and build up the squad, without making any contact. Otherwise you end up in engagements at that base for an unknown time.

This strategy is ok for me as I like 'hit n run' squads and normally would ignore capping bases in favour of redirecting the enemy way form what they should be doing.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Another Common one that we haven't done in a while is hack the AA turrets at a base near the warpgate, as there is nearly always a stream of air vehicles coming from there. The amount of assets you can redirect is impressive, people let their anger over your presence overcome their common sense of simply pulling from another location.
        MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

We used to do one better on that and run a dedicated AA/AV outside their warpgate along with a Galaxy hunting air contingent. Caught a LOT of attention that way! I wonder how effective that would be these days, though, with the state of redeployside, though there's still a lot of traffic through the warpgate even if it's not nearly as much as the old days.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X