Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Guys

Armor squad SL in the making.

As most of you know, I love running armor squads. I would say that half of the time I'm SL-ing Armor I'm doing good to really good with the other half I'm just failing on almost every level to SL Armor . I know this has to lot to do with my inconsistency with communication and I'm working on better standardizing how I communicate. I also realize that when I'm SL-ing Armor and we meet other Armor, I normally do good at engaging. But throw Air or Infantry and I often under estimate and get my squad killed. So while I'm okay with taking on 3 to 2 odds in Armor vs Armor, I normally cant handle 2 to 3 odds with Armor Vs Infantry or Air. I also have trouble getting my squad in the hex I want to fight. But when we are all their, than I can mostly make the Armor run like a peace of Art.

So a huge thanks to those who have/are giving me tips and advise. And also thanks so much to those who stick around and make the squad possible even when I'm not on top of the ball. Keep being amazing guys and thanks for the fun times.

Advice/tips are greatly appreciated.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Thanks Guys

thank you for stepping up matthew. I know armor requires a different mindset but the only way to learn is to get your hands dirty, I failed so many times before i got to where i am. So to avoid you having to go through that long and painful road i had to go through please let me know if there is anything i can do to help =)

Comment

I think that you have done an Amazing job of leading through example. I have spent a lot of time in your Vanguard and I feel as though I have a rough understanding of how you like to fight. But if you where to explain some of the things that you do and why, that could help with stuff that I missed. The other thing would be to join my Armor squads and give me tips or advice. Otherwise thank you so much for all the help you have already given me and others.
      "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

One good practice that I think helps build a sense of control and cooperation is to set-up, when not in a danger zone, a staging ground. Let everyone get into a nice formation, preferably semi-circle around the SL, and roll-out in an organized pattern. Once battle is reached let the formation adapt as needed, but always regroup and always play it safer.

In my personal experience I enjoyed driving a maxed Repair Sunderer while leading as it provided me with the state of mind to observe my units well and not be concerned on kills too much (repair XP trumps kills :D ).

Furthermore, it is very good to have a recce element as well, but how that is accomplished is mostly always situational.

Comment

As a new member, I'm not sure how much insight I can give ya. If infantry is giving you trouble, it's not a bad idea to have 1 or 2 vehicles with radar staggered throughout your formation. This gives your crew early detection, and gives secondary gunners time to jump out and react to infantry. Otherwise, equip 1 or 2 secondary guns for specifically A.I. weapons to maximize response.

Air is tougher because as we saw the other night, you can go from 3-4 mossies to suddenly omg there's 27 mossies above our heads and holy nick cage missile barrage. A single skyguard can serve as a deterrant for air, but generally not much more. People tend to forget that small arms fire damages ESF hulls, so your secondary gunners can hop out and just start unloading their rifles on the fighters. Anything bigger and you'd need sustained skyguard or main weapon fire, or heavies as your 2nd gunners with AA launchers.

That, or have 1-2 people serving as fighter support to swoop in and save the day to the tune of Flight of the Valkyries.

Comment

Its always hard to rely on joint-ops between two separate types of vehicles. Air is especially difficult to keep up, as far as I'm aware, and its common for outfits to run even small coordinated roaming squads that target enemy air units piecemeal. As ideal as it would be I would classify it as a 'higher-level' joint op.

That being said, radars are great. I wish more ground vehicles had the Scout Radar, but, a Cloaking flash is a pretty stealthy asset for RECCE roles.

Comment

The thing about assigning roles to counter every situation is that it limits the squad in a certain way. If you have one vanguard kitted for AV another for AI and one as a hybrid plus 2 sundies and a skyguard, it wouldn't take much for 2 prowlers or 2 magriders kitted out for AV to over power the AV vanguard which leaves the rest of the squad at their mercy. This is why I always prefer to have the whole squad as AV.

If there is to much infantry shooting at you get out of there! If there is a large air presence which you will see before arriving, don't go into that hex. Its all about reading the enemy movements and reading the map. TG is known for armor so when they spot the outfit tag you can bet everyone is going to switch to their av load outs because they know what we can do if left alone.

Im actually in the process of changing my armor gameplay. I'm going to remove the sunderer support aspect in favor of another tank or skyguard. I've started experimenting with it and had great success. The reason why is because I feel and have been told that sundies hold the squad back. We have to focus on keeping them alive and can sometimes limit our movements. The ECUS outfit leader told me that whenever he would go against us, he would tell his squad to target the sundies first then pick off the tanks one by one.

As you all know I like to move fast hit hard and get out of dodge. So for this style of gameplay sundies are really not needed so I would rather have another tank with me. Instead I will have a ammo sundie parked somewhere nearby which we could fall back to. This is how I will run the squad, it may not work for everyone so if you feel like you need a ammo or repair sundie then its okay =)

Comment

Having the gunners pull sundies in key areas along the way and just parking/deploying them gives the squad an un manned ammo supply nine minutes away, in any direction, low cost and allow the squad of fully manned.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X