Command Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Chat

The other day In Emeralds PS2 subreddit Wisdomcube posted a thread about himself, and you can naturally predict where it went from there. That got me thinking about the command chat itself and TacticalGamer. My main question for this thread is "Why doesn't TacticalGamer use Command chat?" I know there are a lot of negatives due to people using command chat for their own vendettas but there is a lot of good that can come out of it as well. Alliances with other outfits, new friends, more immersive strategies, large amount of NC forces working together on the same page, more recruits and winning more alerts. Just a random thought that popped in my head :). Wanted to get your opinions on this topic and see if it is a worth a venture.

Sly

Re: Command Chat

This is a similar thread.

Here is another related one on command chat.

These two threads will give you some idea of the prior discussions on the topic.
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Argh! thanks, I'll read up!

Comment

Short version: it's up to whoever is running ops as to whether or not they participate. My participation is generally limited to when command comms is in good shape; when it is, it's a blast. When it's not and is instead filled by bile filled jerks with no comm discipline, I don't usually feel it's worth my time to take it off mute.

Comment

[MENTION=50907]Garthra[/MENTION],

Your first link is to a discussion in NCO forum, that most of us will not be able to read.

[MENTION=119988]SlyfoxV[/MENTION] / All,

If you read the threads, you will see that I have long been a proponent of engaging more (not less) with COMMAND channel. Yes, it can be bad some times. But the whole reason many of us play PS2 in the first place, is for the opportunity to participate/coordinate on a massive scale (otherwise, we could play BF4 or something). And to do that, you need to be in COMMAND channel. Some of our most satisfying times in game have been close alert wins where everyone was working together well in COMMAND.

Another contention of mine has been that we here at TG could/should influence COMMAND channel in a positive direction with our friendliness, politeness, and good comms discipline. All of which are sorely lacking in there. In other words, lead by example.

You can find an expansion of this discussion in Garthra's second linked post, including a quite long post by myself on the topic. For some of you newer members who may be unaware, I have been one of the main point people (from TG) involved in various NC Alliance organizations over my time in PS2, including a stint as the primary admin for NCC during what many people in Mattherson considered to be NC's heyday on that server. I've seen outfits as well as entire coalitions come and go, and I've distilled a lot of what I've learned into that one long post in the second linked thread. Highly recommended reading for those interested in becoming more involved at the continental strategic level (which, I personally, would love to see more of from more TG members)!

EDIT: Garthra's second linked thread is a little easier to read if you eliminate the highlighting, IMO. Which you can do by editing the end off the url, or here is the same link, just without the highlighted terms: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/planets...nel-noise.html
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Thanks Randy! I did a word search for all forums. My bad.
            The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

To all TG Squad Leaders:

Tonight I used command chat and found the experience meaningful and useful. Although it did not result in an alert victory, it did make me think that it could be worthwhile.

I would suggest if anyone else knows of a really solid leader who is willing to be a positive presence in command chat and coordinate in a respectful/useful way, list their name and outfit here, so the rest of us know they can be worked with. In this way I hope to build up a list of the good people trying to make command chat work.

I was coordinating with two other guys primarily tonight. I would suggest if you are interested in teamwork save their names, and see if you can coordinate with them.

CenturionMagnus of the outfit Anthem
              LordAdvent1 of the outfit 82nd recon [82ND].

I had a nice short conversation in a private squad with Lordadvent1 after the alert. He said he was the overall outfit lead of their small but growing outfit. I believe the outfit is somewhat less tightly run than ours in its play style, but this allows him to field more players. He was very interested in further coordination. He said Friday night is the big night for him. We know anyone else who plays on Fridays? :)

I would further encourage people to reach out and build bridges. If you have a great alert coordinating with someone, take a moment to send them a tell or two afterward, and express the positive feelings you have. Add them as a friend. Consider joining their squad if TG has none up and be an example of the TG way - but be respectful as a guest would be in their house.
              You build relationships slowly. But if enough of us start building them, in 6 months or a year...

Comment

Garthra, a place exists already to get to know other leaders who are useful to coordinate with. It's called the NC Coalition (NCC)! ;) For that matter, please invite your new friends to join NCC! In fact, I encourage any TG members interested in coordinating on the larger scale to join, and get to know some of the other people in the server who are part of the solution (and not the problem). You will find many members of NCC who are useful to coordinate with. In fact, there are even ops calendars for all the participating outfits, and a sub forum for planning joint ops.

This sort of bridge building and getting to know one another is exactly the purpose of the NCC. We have started it up again recently, especially seeing as all of the other alternatives have gone by the wayside, or have devolved into hostility, if not outright toxicity...

The old NCC always was a place where civility, maturity, reason, and cooperation ruled the day, and the new NCC was re-created to be more of the same.
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                  Garthra, a place exists already to get to know other leaders who are useful to coordinate with. It's called the NC Coalition (NCC)! ;) For that matter, please invite your new friends to join NCC! In fact, I encourage any TG members interested in coordinating on the larger scale to join, and get to know some of the other people in the server who are part of the solution (and not the problem). You will find many members of NCC who are useful to coordinate with. In fact, there are even ops calendars for all the participating outfits, and a sub forum for planning joint ops.
                  Fair point.

Comment

Good to see that the NCC is back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse