• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Game update 4/9/15

Here are some interesting changes.
    Valkyrie Balance

Valkyrie resilience changes
    Valkyrie resistance to ESF nose cannons provided by composite armor is being made base line. Composite armor will no longer provide a bonus resistance against ESF nose cannons

Base resistance to ESF nose cannons increased from 85 to 90%

Composite armor no longer provides a bonus.

Resistance to HEAT and AP is also being adjusted. These adjustments make the Valkyrie a little more resilient, similar to a Liberator

Resistance to HEAT increased from 0 to 25%

Resistance to AP increased from 25% to 35%

Hover Stability Airframe
    Doubled the improved hover effect. Max rank will now completely negate vertical descend.

Needed to be a little better at its job. Blast damage increased so it takes 8 hits to kill infantry instead of 10 within the inner radius.
    Increased blast damage from 100 to 125

Pelter Rocket Pod
    The blast damage size on the Pelter is modeled after the banshee. Although it is not intended to be effective anti-personnel, this model is too harsh considering it also has a slow muzzle velocity and a smaller magazine. The blast damage is being remodeled to be part-way between an ESF rocket pod and the Banshee. This should add some versatility to the Pelter where it is more of a hybrid between the CAS-14 and Hellion.
    Inner blast damage increased from 100 to 200
    Inner blast radius increased from 0.35 to 0.75
    Outer blast radius size increased from 1 meter to 3 meters

Hellion G20
    The Hellion needs a small range increase.
    Cone of Fire reduced from 1.25 degrees to 1 degree
    Maximum damage range increased from 10 to 25
    Minimum damage range increased from 75 to 100
    It was surprising to jump into a AA turret and have a voice tell me what to use it for.

Link to full post:
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Game update 4/9/15

I find it harder and more mouse work to fly now, also had to rebind some keys

Aiming is slow too, I see an enermy to the right, flick the mouse to shoot and......still moving the mouse...... cross hair has gone passed the target.......DEAD(me!)

One of the reasons I play PS2 over some other games is how fluid and easy the movement is.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Flight Controls Changes

To get an improved level of control when using a gamepad, some changes needed to be made to our base physics interpretation of inputs; for maintainability splitting at this level was not an option
      The bounded inputs (keyboard,gamepad) now respond in a more predictable and controllable fashion
      The mouse (unbounded) input is applied overtime to as-closely-as possible match what previously existed
      There will be subtle differences but they should be mostly unperceivable
      This does mean controller support for our PC flyers just got an upgrade and you should give it a try!

Physics are revamped to better work with gamepad... this means that the vehicles which were designed to function rapidly with mouse support now are tailored to gamepads. One step closer to being able to use a joystick effectively! Sorry to all the Ace's but I can't stand how little ESFs obey momentum and physics... because nanites.
      No person can simply just be; they are what they do.

I'll be interested to see how the flight controls shake out. Right now there's a bit of a tempest in a teacup over in reddit from people raging about it.

I feel like its more than a tempest in a teapot, its a real honest issue that was detailed on the test server and then completely ignored by the devs. And now they are asking on reddit for "positive" feedback. I'm not sure anybody is happy about the changes.

From my limited time with the new controls, I would say I like them. Air vehicles seemed to have more weight behind them instead of weightless gyroscopes that could turn on a dime. And while a hear that most people are upset with the changes, I have always been upset at the controls so seeing some progress in the right detection made me happy. Now before I get chewed out, I understand why it is a problem for most people. And how it changes everything about the air game. Yes it changes not destroys the air game. But I have a feeling that the devs will change it back.
            "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

I do not own a console, as I could never get on with the controls, something made 1st on PC then ported to 'The console' never played the same.

I am sure a player who plays console games would have issues playing the same game on a PC with a mouse.

It would be nice to have the option to switch :)

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Daybreak, ugh RIP SOE, is in a rough place with flight controls. The way ESFs have handled since alpha has just changed and as a result a lot of people who invested money and effort into the craft which now they have to get adjusted with. The 'easy' fix is to treat console and PC differently; this'll be easiest for the community but cause Daybreak serious headaches and effectively create two different games with two different balances.

As much as I love the idea of nerfing the heck out of the flying gyroscopes I do empathize with the old aces who probably have their world turned on their head.
                No person can simply just be; they are what they do.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed