Is jumping like this okay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is jumping like this okay?

Is jumping up on a Sunderer this why okay?
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Is jumping like this okay?

I wouldn't see myself standing on top of a sundie unless it was a rave bus, but I'm going to go with no on this one

Comment

I don't think any part of this is explicitly detrimental to the game or hampers the intent of the vehicle by the developers. I don't see why it needs to have an official position as a result. Frankly, it can be seen as an abstracted form of climbing the Sunderer without animation.

Either way I'd implement it occasional use as a form of protection from fairies, but one is quite vulnerable up there.

Its nothing like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he7mGqlIGtA

Comment

You used to be able to sort of walk up the back, as if there was some sort of invisible "ladder" there.

I don't see this as a Primer violation, IRL you would very likely have some sort of an actual ladder or some other way to climb to the roof, and spare loops of cable and other equipment are often attached to the exteriors of armored troop transports. And therefore this doesn't fall into "cheesy / exploity" territory, to me.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I don't have a problem with it.

sigpic

Comment

There are some things that are not intended by the devs or maybe particularly seen in regular real life combat but it shouldn't stifle creativity. Much like I believe it was Stonewall Jackson's use of firing lines where muskets are fired, reloaded, fired again in almost assembly line fashion giving way to a force multiplier of almost constant fire on his enemies. I have no doubt the designers of the musket never thought of its use in such ways.

I too am of the opinion that this is not an issue

Good to get these vetted like this however. Thanks Mindkill for your timely response.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
              I don't see the point. That manoeuver is mostly a stunt with no real tactical advantage. Furthermore, it was even advertised in the PS2 "One simple question" video.

Ba-dum-tss
              My life before TG http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbre
              Who cares about stats ? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Cairbr

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                Published on May 12, 2014

Phhsssssssst, noobs!

https://youtu.be/hSddOIRMUWo

Published on Dec 11, 2012

:D
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I do remember seeing a sky guard and an ammo sunderer on an enemy bio dome landing pad, waiting to engage any air targets the might need to land for reload and repair.

The way the game handles these events has since been changed, also the entrance to the bio domes have been blocked by some barriers and trees.

As for standing on a vehicle, I see no issues there.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                    Published on May 12, 2014

Phhsssssssst, noobs!

https://youtu.be/hSddOIRMUWo

Published on Dec 11, 2012

:D
                    Hahahaa!! That video was hilarious! xD Especially when the sundy fall of the gal! And MrJengles with his reaver ^^
                    sigpic
                    "Keep calm and wait for the medic."
                    {45 270 lives saved}

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse