It is football... in GranadeSide2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is football... in GranadeSide2

Here we get the countdown on who did the best job catching in this league with NC and TR fighting for the most. TG got 3 with Saox, catching 1 and Jemmyyy catching 2

NC Count 46
    Outfits
    [SCvM] 4
    [GOON] 3
    [RHX] 3
    [BAX] 3
    [TG] 3
    [RITE] 2
    [KN1] 2
    [FURY] 2
    [LuxO] 2
    [FATG] 1
    [DSKO] 1
    [M4G1] 1
    [NC10] 1
    [SAS] 1
    [EDCN] 1
    [NWAW] 1
    [DREV] 1
    [DVS] 1
    [COBR] 1

TR Count 44
    Outfits
    [AOD] 7
    [HNYB] 5
    [382] 4
    [903] 3
    [TR1] 3
    [TGX1] 3
    [FEDX] 2
    [NSX] 2
    [BWC] 2
    [IWS] 1
    [DOG] 1
    [YGZ] 1
    [TW3] 1
    [RTIL] 1
    [EPEN] 1
    [RMAR] 1

VS Count 12
    Outfit
    [GOKU] 6
    [ISV] 1
    [SAX] 1
    [VULT] 1

On that note, just keep your eyes open for those sticky things and if you get one, give it back to the enemy and not to the friendly's.
    "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: It is football... in GranadeSide2

He has posted his well formatted argument for reducing sticky damage on all PS2 related forums. I personally believe that this is a non-issue. The only change I can agree with is make flak resist them, I've heard that it doesn't or bugged.

Here are the stats

Monthly Weapon Stats | PS2 Oracle of Death
    (select grenades in drop down menu)

His argument is based on KPH and AOE compared to other grenades. Granted it is high. But used in a much smaller percent of the population. I just don't see the point in nerfing fun

reason 1 = stickies have been the same for years (why now)

reason 2 = kills are rewarding. Why nerf something that is not a big problem, secluding present and future players from the rewards of sticky kills only serves those who used them before they were nerfed with past xp. ( I understand that the argument is that they are no skill weapons of opportunity that degrade game play, but they are not that prevalent and the random 4 person kill you might get is rewarding)

reason 3= stay out of congested areas, watch your sectors.

reason 4= only engineers carry stickies

Mustardes nerf agendas are almost Machiavellian in nature. He feels he knows what's best for the game and because of his stature and the delivery of his arguments others fall in line.
    Last edited by eD_ru$h; 04-16-2015, 04:09 PM.

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

Oh this is one of the many reasons why we are told all the time to not stand near doorways when doing point holds.

Comment

hahahaha love the idea behind the video!

but yeah if you are not running flak armor you are doing it wrong during point holds

Comment

Originally posted by eD_ru$h View Post
          Mustardes nerf agendas are almost Machiavellian in nature. He feels he knows what's best for the game and because of his stature and the delivery of his arguments others fall in line.
          Maybe I didn't make it clear that I don't care about the way Sticky grenades work. I feel all grenades should be more effective but other thing would have to change long before that. Also if I cared at all I wouldn't have spent time going through to see how many people made the home run and what outfit they where from. ;)

Also, I would say that most everyone feels like they know whats best for the game. I defiantly do!

This thread was only for entertainment.
          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

I get it, I just had to get that off my chest. Carry on

Never Beat Ninja Gaiden

Comment

And when I was playing I always passed up on them. Dang those are great looking nades.

====================
              Not to ruin the fun, which I'm very amused by this video and the utter devastation stickies bring to the fight, but I'll chime in against eD_ru$h. Not necessarily to nerf the weapons but to counter the reasons against nerfing it.

1st; A lot of things are fun, ROFL podding and Lib bombardments during beta and afterwards was excellent fun.
              2nd; With the above anecdote, and the sheer volume of kills such methods brought home, those players had tons of fun.
              3rd; Congestation is the definition of a game where 50 v 50 is routinely fought out over perhaps 500 m area, often times a 100 m area.
              4th; Anyone, at any time can be an engineer. There is no limit on engineer count per faction. Much like, back after beta, anyone (well anytwo) could pull OMGPWNAGE-Libs.

I'm not against or for the sticky grenade. As is I say exploit the heck out of it and reap all of the joy, but as it stands other grenades have been nerfed AND sticky grenades are less random then AV or Frags in that they are much more predictable by the thrower. Certainly, the frag grenade stats are skewed as everyone has them; while the sticky is known to a relatively fewer group of players.

And yet the stats are quite telling. In the right situation and the right time Stickies are incredible tools of destruction and with the current resource system there is little penalty to spamming them and nabbing easy kills. While the sticky can be seen as a hard counter to a well held densely populated position there is no hard counter against any grenade, let alone stickies. My point? Don't just rule out balance changes on basis of 'fun quota'.

Comment

You know, you really could set up a reasonable football approximation with these...

Line up, knives only. Have your QB pull back and try to connect with one of your runners, who tries to run it into the enemy's zone before he explodes, enemies try to intercept the pass or knife the receiver...

It's just a shame you clip through enemies without collision.
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Originally posted by Strait Raider View Post
                  It's just a shame you clip through enemies without collision.
                  Sort of ruins that whole tackling bit though, doesn't it? lol
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                    Sort of ruins that whole tackling bit though, doesn't it? lol
                    I've got it. We'll play with flashes, except for the QBs.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Well, then that makes it like grenade polo or something. lol
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

DO I hear a match forming?

2 sides TR v VS

Sunderer each

pull 5 flashes each (only once)
                        5 drivers, 5 naders

No guns, no knifes, just nades, lots of em

Resupply at suderers

A area/section on the Test server

I would guess the goal would simply be:
                        First team not to loose all the flashes wins

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I'm in if it is on a Saturday. Would be willing to be TR or VS.

Comment

Originally posted by ytman View Post
                            ... Much like, back after beta, anyone (well anytwo) could pull omgpwnage-libs...
                            lol

OK, considering how long I've been playing, dumb question: Where do all of those ,ulti-kill, double-kill, killing spress thingies come from? Mine certainly doesn't do that.
                            MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

External application. Can't recall the name, but IIRC it's tied in with the planetside API.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X