Some potential spawn rule changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some potential spawn rule changes

The PTS has some interesting changes to the spawn rules.

Those changes could go a LONG way to kill redeployside as we know it, as they close the loopholes allowing a single person to teleport an entire squad to themselves from across the map. Even if that doesn't get rid of redeployside on its own, closing those loopholes is a necessary step towards making it happen as any other set of rule changes is toothless without it.

Opening up squad beacons to the entire platoon is more dubious, IMO, but I'm prepared to see how it plays. When squads are operating jointly in the same base, it honestly makes a lot of sense. I do worry that it'll allow platoons and squads to hop around an individual base too much, or be too resilient to getting pushed out, but the combination of changes being proposed does seem to mitigate the concern.

Also, so happy to hear them talk about passing the beacon cooldown between squad leads. We here at TG don't exploit that system on principle, but it was frustrating to see it abused freely in our competition. If that gets in the playing field gets a little more level.

Re: Some potential spawn rule changes

Awesome changes indeed!

I cannot wait to see the sequels!

Comment

Re: Some potential spawn rule changes

Has anyone had a chance to test that render distance increase for infantry with long-range weapons? Any render distance increase is a good thing in my books.

Hey, if they successfully get rid of the rotating squad leader exploit, and the SL-suicide-ESF-beacon-rush, maybe TG will finally be able to compete in server events?
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X