LMG Statistics and Analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LMG Statistics and Analysis

If you can use a bad LMG well, you can use a good LMG better.

Also, back of the napkin estimate:
    T9 Carv and Orion are basically the same weapon; slight magazine, velocity, and recoil differences.

If you look at the KDR difference between the two, it's about 0.3 at every point along the normal distribution. You could argue this shows about how much the 0.75 ADS multiplier is helping.
    http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermote View Post
      A bad LMG for one person may be a good LMG for another person. Everyone has different playstyles. Different playstyles can lead to different KDRs too.

I'm not really surprised about the lower KDR with the Gauss Saw, even among experienced players. Why? Because I suspect they use the Gauss Saw the same places I use it: outside, while fighting tanks, aircraft, and snipers. Things which tend to impact your KDR negatively. Does that mean the Gauss Saw is the wrong weapon to have in this situation? Of course not. It's objectively the best long-range LMG, and arguably the best long-range weapon the heavy has.

Indoors, I'm the kind of person who finds an angle, a corridor, and locks it down. I'm mobile, but I move from position to position. Accuracy on the move, and especially hipfire accuracy, are of almost no meaning to me. The Anchor or NS-15MP are not the best choices for me, because my goal is powerful, accurate sustained fire and suppression, not mobility. So I use the EM6.
      Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

... lmgs... sigh the bane of my la existence nonetheless i really enjoy my em1 when i use it good bullet hose in spite of its (Worst lmg) description by many. Also good for suppressive fire in corridors or point holds and quite a bit more forgiving than the gauss saw. though i prefer the saw at range
        (Also found that in spite of how much i dislike the class Ive noticed that im a little better heavy than most [not by much of a margin you all could probably beat me in heavy fight], i have a feeling this is due to my brain being trained to flank via my prefered class the LA so theres that...)

Comment

In planetside(1) you didn't receive grief points from shooting other members of your squad so, when bored, we'd squad up and head to a tower stair case and duel each other with everything from the old chaingun to knives (we could also loot other faction's weapons and store them for later use). I guess the only way to heads up dual these days, without being looked at as a stat padding exploiter who needs to enhance the illusion of a slightly bigger (but very sad) virtual testicular fortitude, would be to dual as opposite factions on the test server, or is there another way I've yet to find? Anyway, I really think those duels in the first planetside really provided a way to test skill with friends who contribute honest feedback to help sharpen the fundamentals that I witnessed several players develop into automatic moves displayed effortlessly. No one was surprised to see the more aggressive players, who seem to never be still for an instance, winning a majority of duels but, everyone noticed the less experience fps gamers make marked improvements when using this option as a tool instead of the pressure of a sometime chaotic and intimidating environment rarely experienced in other non MMO-FPS hits.

I'd re-download and install the test server if anyone is interested in trying to find a good, out of the way area to duel. It's a riot when you get fun people together to do so. While it can help some players improve 1v1 encounters, it's really only important when you combine the skills with clear and solid squad/platoon direction. Good orders paired with kill hungry and well trained minions to direct = a bad day for those unfortunate enough to be tasked with engaging them as the enemy.

I keep thinking one day I'll be ready to direct a kill hungry collection of dirtbags but, I fear my thirst for causing casualties will lead to slow orders. It seems that the best leaders always keep their chess pieces moving toward a clear goal, less they become distracted by shinny objects and become unfocused zerglings. Maybe, if I give squad leading a go I'll employ squad members with planning our next possible moves and let them plan possible options, leaving me to be the dirtbag I prefer ... but that's off topic...

Cheers,
          Tex

PS if anyone sees something while we're carrying out our marching orders that I'm doing wrong or could be done better with tactics unknown to me, please let me know with specifics (I prefer tips and instruction over being told I stink at something but I welcome all the above it if is truth, there's nothing worse than a bad player who's clueless they're bad)

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermote View Post

Also, back of the napkin estimate:
            T9 Carv and Orion are basically the same weapon; slight magazine, velocity, and recoil differences.

If you look at the KDR difference between the two, it's about 0.3 at every point along the normal distribution. You could argue this shows about how much the 0.75 ADS multiplier is helping.
            I think the ads multiplier becomes more of an advantage in the hands of the top skilled players than avg or weaker players. That might seem like a no-brainer at first glance but, it's the top players who juke more and would never be caught as a stationary target and the less experienced who stand still to aim only to become low hanging fruit. I'm of the opinion that when I encounter top tier players in game I'd prefer to meet them with as many variables being equal as possible, leaving the variables that make up the basic fps skill set as the isolated factor effecting the outcome and winner. I'm not a fan of using a mechanic such as ads multiplier as an excuse for defeat nor do I like it to be a point habitually used to complain and loby for others to be nerfed but, I enjoy being tested vs quality competition without having something in the back of my mind to consider. It can cause a player to ignore some area of play they could have control over changing or improving because no improvements to my game play can change my targets ads multiplier. If I focus on it and not what I'm able to adjust and control is a waste of time.

TR's lmg selection doesn't do it for me so I enjoy the ads multiplier of the NS LMG but, the NC anchor, gsaw, and a1 have all been fun to use IMO. The saw and many other weapons didn't feel good at first use but, like most ps2 weapons they became fun once I got comfortable. I'll take lower fire rate and higher dmg per shot over spray and pray guns everyday and twice on Sunday in most situations but, I don't like seeing my enemy dance faster than I feel I'm able when I face them 1v1. (Vanu was always referenced as the "Vanubs" with the guys I ran with in the original ps because of advantages but, I'm glad to see they're less pronounced in the sequel.... but now the vanu I encounter by and large tell me the faction has better players. I think I prefer the shameful silence of players who know they've got advantage over one ignorant of them causing smug ignorance. In any case, ps1 experience found it's way to ps2 causing a lack of interest in playing the Vanu Faction for any other end than to gain knowledge of what I might face. It's fun to play against tough competition. A win is never better than it is when it's accomplished as the underdog with odds stacked in the other's favor... or do I like pain... I forget.

anyway... cheers,

Tex

Comment

Originally posted by TryHardTex View Post

PS if anyone sees something while we're carrying out our marching orders that I'm doing wrong or could be done better with tactics unknown to me, please let me know with specifics (I prefer tips and instruction over being told I stink at something but I welcome all the above it if is truth, there's nothing worse than a bad player who's clueless they're bad)

Telling you you stink is not our style, and I can promise you that officers will correct you with granular and detailed information. :)
              Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X