Thoughts on live stream for Friday Night Fights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on live stream for Friday Night Fights

In another section of the Tactical Gamer forum, there is a specific area for video "production" however, to maintain continuity in regards to the specific live stream footage, I am posting here under Planetside2 discussions.

I would like to start streaming footage from my POV during our operations on Friday night. It is currently the most well known and widely popular time to be online, and our numbers in terms of recruits is growing little by little. In order to showcase our particular style of play, I thought it might be a good idea to stream the operations conducted. From there, I could also post the videos to YouTube. From where I stand, I believe this would be beneficial in terms of recruitment, as well as giving outfits on our server an insight into how/why it is we perform so well under pressure during Alerts. A side benefit I think would be that people (Officers/NCO's) could go back through the footage and possibly see where improvement can be made at the tactical level.

All of this being said, I am by no means a well known streamer. In fact the opposite holds true. But if word spreads, the viewers for the stream might grow, and the YouTube videos might slowly gain popularity which would (I hope) snowball into more publicity for us as an outfit.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

Regards, Pranil Patel - Thgzfrlife
    #BlameCairbre

Re: Thoughts on live stream for Friday Night Fights

I've considered recording (and, by extension, streaming) when I'm SLing or PLing... even if never made broadly available, it'd be a great tool for AARs and analyzing my leadership for improvement. I need to consider setting that up...

Comment

I had always wondered how much of an audience might be out there that would be interested in watching good squad/platoon leading and/or tactical play, as opposed to strictly good twitch play, which seems to be the vast majority of streamers.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

But we are inherently a niche group! Doesn't stop us. I say lets do iiit.

Comment

Are you planning on streaming with a delay? One concern some outfits have is possibly supplying real-time intelligence to the enemy.
          sigpic

Comment

By default, there is a 15-30 second delay while streaming live game footage. This delay can be increased, but cannot be decreased to less than 15 seconds (to my knowledge).
            #BlameCairbre

Comment

I think live streaming might not have the appeal that an edited video of the event might. I had a few months of free access to xsplit and tested the record, stream and editing functions for a few weeks. I had a few recordings of long-ish kill streaks that are entertaining but, I found that editing a sessions "greatest hits," so to speak, resulted in fun to watch vids. As long as your delay is long enough that a rival couldn't glean info or gain a tactical advantage by watching there's no harm in streaming but, I'd wager an edited version of a recording would be a more valuable recruiting tool. Controlling the pace and length is key. There have been instances I've seen where I'm redeploying and waiting on or in a vehicle that, while might seem like no big deal in game, would translate into an eternity to a stream or video watcher.

I stopped my stream/recording experiments when I decided I'd rather not see, even if it was slight, any performance hit associated with recording/streaming. Here's one I made messing around playing light assault 3 months ago and another I made one night for a friend to show more of the game. (also consider I'd been playing ps2 for about 6 months when I made the video and have since built two new pc's to game from; I was playing with scene transition on both of these videos)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X