Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting thoughts on HalfTeamSidePlanet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Interesting thoughts on HalfTeamSidePlanet.

Here is a video that I found to be most intriguing and of much entertainment. While it starts of with mostly stuff on how to better PS2 in general for the new player and balance of DB cash and certs, it dives into a realm which I found to be surprising. It looks at Redeployside, Heavy Assault balance, Laser Designator, Scouting, Base Capping, and more. If you are looking for the Redeployside part then skip to 7 mins in or so. Just some food for thought.

"When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Re: Interesting thoughts on HalfTeamSidePlanet.

Drop item: Beer Keg. Morale points.
    MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Video seemed interesting, then dived into minutia, over complicated schemes and gamer wishlisting, lost coherency. :/

Comment

Hmm, to be fair, in a game with 200-player base battles, minutia become quite important. I did agree with the bit about the sale items in the game, PlanetSide is steep. I also agree that LA and infil classes have little utility, which is even more diluted by the Archer. (My Engineer is now a capable sniper sans the cloak). Res's having less value initially and having bonuses based on people you keep alive scoring points? Excellent idea. They need to work on their mechanics for that though, I've dumped whole squads on points and only gotten 1-2 transport bonuses, so there's something inherently broken there.

All in all I don't think anything was too far out there, supply drops would be amazing, as well as the ability to signal for pickup (PlanetSide Uber). It would certainly improve the game for people who don't necessarily want to grind it out for hours, but would rather fill a logistics role. Currently that sort of role has very little incentive, and usually eats into platoon resources, meaning it often gets scrapped in favor of boots on the ground. Making that a global request system would allow for a Gal pilot to do something after he dumps out his troops, or even better yet, form a logistics squad who runs buses and air from place to place, allowing rapid transport and the elimination of some redeployside crap, which makes me dislike even attempting to directly take a point. If it weren't for the vehicle game, I'd have left this party months ago simply because of that idiocy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TonyMac View Post
          as well as the ability to signal for pickup (PlanetSide Uber)
          Do you even V-5?!

I know your not one of these mouth breathers that just shoot at the Gal.
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

V-5 is local. The proposal in the video would be more global, as he described it.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X