Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG/LUX/TAS platoon Friday 9/18

Hey guys,

We have been asked to join a combined arms platoon with LUX and TAS. NoJumper from LUX (who has worked with us before) reached out to me a few days ago asking to meet up with him in TS to discuss dates, times, etc. The best days for them was Friday and Saturday around 8pm EST. I elected for Friday since that's when most TG members get on. Each outfit will be dedicating at least one squad to the platoon. So I ask you fellow Tactical Gamers, come join me Friday and represent the greatness that is TG.

Hope to see you then,
    Sly

Re: TG/LUX/TAS platoon Friday 9/18

awesome! Nojumpers is a great guy known him for awhile now. FNF will continue as normal since not everyone will be able to join this platoon, the TG spots are first come first serve so dont get salty if you can not join. This doesnt mean that each platoon can not work with each. For those that do join this joint ops remember that you are representing TG and are required to continue following the SOP and primer. Hopefully i can make this friday it sounds like it will be a ton of fun ^_^

Comment

Hmm, don't we run 2-3 squad platoon (sometimes full platoon) nowadays on Fridays? Maybe Saturday may have been better for combined op? If the plan is to combine into one platoon I mean (1+ squad each TAS, LUX, TG in same platoon).

I don't think there will be enough room in 1 platoon on a Friday to accommodate all of our combined members. And I would hate to see all the regular SLs/Pls join this op, leaving a lot of our members out in the cold this Friday after logging on expecting FNF.

I think this is a bit short notice and ill conceived. If we are going to do this on short notice, it should be (re-?)scheduled for this Saturday. It should not take precedence over our normally scheduled FNF event, especially if it would be at the expense of some of our members not being able to join.

As an alternative, we could continue to run our own platoon/FNF as scheduled and coordinate more closely / work together with LUX/TAS via NCC TS or other means.

Another alternative would be to give more notice, and re-schedule it for another date further down the road. Announce it on the forum and allow people to sign up / be aware of the event. And don't schedule it on a Friday, which would conflict with FNF.

Now you guys know I of all people certainly am in favor of inter outfit coordination, but it should not be at the expense of any of our members, nor at the expense of a regularly scheduled, long standing event (FNF) which many people look forward to (and we only have one such event on the calendar each week).

Just my .02, but I would be willing to wager that The Management will agree with me in this.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

True, there will NOT be enough room for all the TG members that log on Friday. Like Ghost said this will be a first come first serve basis and I will only be stealing 11 people. I would also hope our regular SLs and PLs have more sense then to all jump on the TG/LUX/TAS tag team train. IF this does happen I will immediately drop the squad and help out FNF. I didn't plan this to override FNF at all and assumed FNF came first. I thought of this as more of a bonus to FNF/something different. I also thought it would be pretty cool to have a FNF TG platoon rolling at full steam working with the TG/LUX/TAS platoon.

Comment

Alright boys, let's think on this:

Team
          Speak

Git ye some!
          MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

In my own opinion it would be better not to run joint operations during a FNF time, mainly in part due to our biggest chance at recruitment and SL training happens with the FNF. I know that I am all for PLing either of these operations but when we average 3-4 mixed TG/NC squads and then loosing a dozen pure TG members for this could cripple our main FNF efforts. When it comes to a solution for this I would heavily recommend working joint ops with any outfit on weekend where we are still seeing a platoon's worth of excited members but not focusing so much on recruitment. Overall I also suggest that anytime we work major organized joint outfit operations that at least one officer be present just to ensure that if needed any conflicts can be settled quickly without burning any bridges or risking our own standards. Not to say that I'm against the idea of using command chat or even TS to coordinate inter-outfit coordination during our FNF's

Comment

I'll reach out to NoJumper and tell him we won't be participating on Friday.

Comment

I reached out to TAS and told them it was off based on your post [MENTION=119988]SlyfoxV[/MENTION] saying you were contacting NoJumper.
                Last edited by Garthra; 09-17-2015, 03:04 AM.
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

From what I learned last time doing joint ops with another outfit, I think we want to play with them (the other oufits) on other times during the week to get to know each other and the tactics we use.

When we feel the joint ops works well and the (coordination) bugs have been worked out, we can do it during FnF. That's what I think is best for everyone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X