No announcement yet.

Reticule recoloring

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reticule recoloring

There's a half-implemented feature in Planetside which allows you to recolor your ADS hologram reticle. If you're anything like me, you probably found most of the colors a little hard to see in certain environments - so I did some quick research to figure out the best color option for human eyesight, which turned out to be yellow-green.

To change your reticle color, go to your planetside 2 installation folder and open useroptions.ini with a plaintext editor. Find the [UI] section and add:
    TintModeReticuleColor=5046016 (Example here is yellow-green)

Note: TintModeReticuleColor takes a decimal value, rather than hexadecimal.

I can't post any images or links unfortunately, due to board restrictions. - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Re: Reticule recoloring

So this overrides the different colored reticles you can buy with certs? That's amusing. :P
    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Well, it's worth noting that those reticles also come in different shapes.

My personal preference is always a simple dot. Anything else gets confusing as parts blend in with visual clutter and lining up the center on reflex gets thrown off.

As such, I always use the yellow dot sight. Before I found out that existed, I used the red dot, but the red dot has an incomplete box around the reticle, and I found myself occasionally confusing a corner with the center. With the yellow dot sight, even if I can't see the middle dot, the larger circle gives a good rough approximation without being mistaken for the dot.

Anyways, here's a preview of the above reticle color. (Apparently I can post the link in a reply)

You can set it to anything you want though. As I said, I just chose this because it's close to the color human eyesight is most sensitive to.
      Last edited by Wintermote; 09-23-2015, 03:22 AM. - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Dude thanks ive always loved a couple of reticules but could never see them

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed