Bounties Now Active

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Bounties Now Active

For all you Boba Fett wannabes, here's your chance to chase down someone who has a price on their heads or place one yourself and earn experience in the process:

The Planetside 2 servers will be coming down at 6am (Pacific) for an update. Estimated down time is approximately 1 hour.

Bounty System
    Exact sweet, sweet, revenge on the last person to kill you by placing a bounty on them for other players to claim that will award both you and their killer bonus experience! From the kill screen after your death, you can click the "Get Revenge!" button under the image of your killer to buy a bounty contract worth 3 kills.

An enemy that kills a player with a bounty on them will earn an extra 100xp for that kill.

When a player you have an active bounty set on is killed, you also get 100xp for that kill.

. If you set a bounty on someone, then killed them, you'd get an additional 200xp - 100 bonus for the bounty kill, and 100 bonus as the person who set the bounty.

Bounties stack, and you can have multiple bounties placed at once. That means those bonus 100xp events will happen for each active bounty on the player. (Un)Popular players with a bunch of bounties active on them could be veritable XP explosions.

o If you killed an enemy with 4 active bounties on them, you'd get 400 bonus xp for that kill in addition to the normal xp rewards.

Players with an active bounty on them have a unique spot indicator to denote their status as *hunted*. This indicator behaves just like the normal spot indicator. Once the bounties are cleared, the indicator returns to normal.

Hunted players will also see a small indicator on their HUD to let them know a bounty has been placed on them. Once the bounties are cleared, the indicator will no longer appear.

Hunted players that go on kill streaks longer than 3 will be awarded 25 additional bonus experience for each kill.

Bounties will persist through log off.

If you placed a bounty on someone, but aren't online when someone claims their kills, your experience will queue up and be waiting for you when you log back in.

Membership Purchase Change
    If you're not a member but decide to purchase a membership, you'll now receive all the additional XP you would have gotten as a member for your most recent game session (everything you earned since the last time you logged out). We showcase the actual value on a new button on the death screen next to where we display the experience graph.

In addition, we have incorporated several minor bug fixes as well.
    Original thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2...e-10-2.233851/

Re: Bounties Now Active

Interesting. I'm not sure I quite understand it, but how do you pay for placing a bounty?

Comment

From the kill screen after your death, you can click the "Get Revenge!" button under the image of your killer to buy a bounty contract worth 3 kills.
      Seems like your paying with your own kills.

That feature sounds fun, can't wait to test it out. ^^
      sigpic
      "Keep calm and wait for the medic."
      {45 270 lives saved}

Comment

Only costs the amazing 25 DBC! So real money for the xp bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCain View Post
          Only costs the amazing 25 DBC! So real money for the xp bonus.
          So, $0.25 then?
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Its good for keeping track of a player as a symbol show above their head that everyone can see.

Maybe bad for the squad if a squad member has been bounty, as the enemy will make more effort to kill this member.

On a side note, we could also use 'this bounty member' as bait:
            In an harasser, leading the enemy to an AA nest or armour column.

its a shame it cost real money, but, to use it as above, cost us nothing :P

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

... I think I should stay off the server for a while... (TheFatz will bounty my TR for sure)
              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Is this really what PS2 is coming to? I can't begin to name the ways this is awful.

Oh wait, of course I can!

- More microtransaction - this one designed to play on the user's emotions after being killed.
                - Preying on the weak-minded's need for token instant gratification.
                - Nickel-and-diming, nobody thinks of the cost of one bounty, nobody thinks of the cost of ten.
                - More cancer on the cancerous after-death screen.
                - More singling out the individual over the team.
                - More distraction from real objectives and teamplay.
                - A player-induced punishment for people who play well.
                - Encourages and facilitates headhunting.
                - More suicide rammers, other suicide tactics. Because hey, double XP is worth it.
                - Makes it personal. Real money to wage a vendetta against someone? Classy.
                - Whales abusing the system to put bounties on anyone who dares touch them.
                - Groups abusing the system to constantly put bounties on a targeted player.
                - More F2P / Paying class distinction.
                - More stacking direct P2P XP boost.

- Adds precisely nothing to gameplay and game experience.

Somebody's been letting the marketing department run rampant. :/ If it doesn't make the game better... don't do it! What other uses could this effort have been put towards?

Okay, I'm done. I'm all calmed down now.
                Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

Eh, seems like a minor, mostly cosmetic way of interacting with enemy players and rewarding notoriety. Honestly, almost seems like a value-add for the TARGET, as you'll get the satisfaction of knowing you cheesed someone off. It's certainly not an advantage for the user, since the XP boost certainly isn't worth speak of relative to cost (300XP is nothing).

Microtransactions like this don't bother me, they're largely inconsequential. My only gripe is that it's an adversarial thing (though fortunately only between factions) when the same microtransaction could be used for something more pro social. I remember reading about an MMO example where someone could buy a one-use item that gave everyone ELSE an ingame gift of money or items or whatever. IIRC, everybody involved felt pretty good about that.

Comment

Indeed. Things like that, and the existing squad boosts, are beneficial to player interactions.

I don't want to sound like I'm against all microtransactions, obviously the game has to make money, and PS2 has been pretty fair with its purchases across the board. This is just silly though.
                    Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

ive had players place bounties on me already =(

Comment

#blameghostshooter101

Comment

^
                          MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

lol

Also, I think I had one on me tonight. Red target looking icon in the bottom middle of screen.
                            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X