Valkyrie weapon statistics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkyrie weapon statistics

Generally speaking the Valkyrie isn't really a great close air support platform (certainly in comparison to liberators and ESF's), however I did get curious a few days ago when people were talking about what weapons to fit on a valk and decided to take a gander at some weapon statistics. Unfortunately, the only stat tracker that details this information globally is actually bugged out, so you can't get precise details, however I'll let the following graph speak for itself:

https://i.imgur.com/b9n9THy.png

This shows the top 3 valkyrie weapons by kills per hour.
    Even when you look at vehicle kills per hour, or aircraft kills per hour, the CAS 14-E stand well ahead of the next two best valkyrie weapons, at a rate anywhere from 2-5x better. Compared to some of the other weapons, it gets close to 10x better.

I don't regularly fly the valkyrie, but I figured this would be very interesting data for our pilots and I'm eager to hear from them on their opinions on the weapon's effectiveness in comparison to what they've been regularly using.

As a short aside, I also looked at configurations and kph/vehicle kph/aircraft kph for the galaxy, liberator and ESF's and found the following:
    Galaxy: 2x Bulldog, 2x Walker; better than or equal to drakes in all categories.
    Liberator: AA - Tankbuster, Dalton, Walker; AV - Tankbuster, Dalton, Bulldog; AI - Tankbuster, Duster, Bulldog.
    Reaver: AA - Vortek/Kestrel, Tomcats; AV - Airhammer, Hornets; AI - Airhammer, Breaker Rockets.
    http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Re: Valkyrie weapon statistics

Originally posted by Wintermote View Post
    Galaxy: 2x Bulldog, 2x Walker; better than or equal to drakes in all categories.
    I have always been a Walker guy myself. Cairbr swears by Drakes though. So I wonder if these numbers may be skewed by the fact that new players are more likely to have the default Drakes, and that may be dragging the numbers down?
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Could be - though for what it's worth, I'm looking at BR100 KPH stats, which should sift out the noobs a bit.
      I'd also argue that drakes on the wings makes a more effective AA platform in combination with walkers, even though they're only doing slightly better than the bulldogs in those positions against air. (e.g. for aircraft kph on the left wing the drake gets 0.88, the bulldog gets 0.78; on the right it's 1.08 for the drake, and 0.8 for the bulldog.)

From personal experience in gunning for a galaxy, I've found that a pilot largely favours one wing for circling the ground targets - which means the second bulldog is largely ignored. Could be more effective to have 1 drake, 2 walkers, 1 bulldog and a pilot who focuses on circling with his bulldog pointing at the targets. The drake and walker gunners would then provide AA/ground fire as opportunities allow.

Surprisingly, the walkers are also more effective at vehicle kph than the drakes are. I had largely thought it would be the opposite until I looked at the stats. The difference is really significant on the top gun especially, with the walker performing about 3x better at AV than the drake in the same position.

Anyways, I'm not about to go telling people how they ought to fit their stuff. I see the stats as simply additional information for players to use on top of their personal experiences for deciding how and why to equip certain things. Mostly I use them as a starting point when I'm looking to hop into something new, and go from there based on personal experience. Sometimes it turns out that a statistically better weapon actually requires a significant playstyle change (I found this with going from the GD-22S to the Godsaw: Run and gun CQB was no longer an easy thing to do) which may not be to the player's suiting.
      http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Comment

Interesting that the Walker is outperforming the drake; I know our Harasser crews often swear by the walker not just for its ability to shred aircraft but as a very competent AV weapon!

Comment

Walker 4-Evar!

That said, the drake has some uses against the armor, I'd say the SOE/Daybreak/PeopleWhoTakeMyMoney devs shouls have made the drake simply a basilisk and called it a day, no messing around with fire rates/etc. Part of what makes the walker so effective is the velocity of the rounds, less Kentucky Windage involved.
          MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

I sometimes run with a gal pilot named Madhatta who uses a drake on the left wing and a 'dog on the right. This is very effective and allows him to adjust to different situations. The downside is the drake gunner doesn't get a lot of action...

Once we ran a dual walker sundy battle bus and we killed a lot of tanks... that was a strange experience but it somehow worked.

Comment

back when [MENTION=14808]sparhawkxx[/MENTION] still liked us, we'd run dual walker harassers and do similar things, killing literally everything in sight.
              MacKahan -- Mac-Kay-an In case you were curious. ;-)

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X