No announcement yet.

Lost My Cool (Apology)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost My Cool (Apology)

I lost my cool last night in Command chat, made a fool of myself and hurt the TG PS2 brand.

For that, my sincere apologies.

It will not happen again.

Re: Lost My Cool (Apology)

10 lashes and no tv for a week!

Re: Lost My Cool (Apology)

FWIW, I thought your response was pretty measured. Especially for COMMAND channel. I did not disagree with the general thrust of your complaint. And, given the offensiveness of the activity you were complaining about (blowing up friendly Sunderers, for those who weren't there), I don't even necessarily feel it was inappropriate to address it in COMMAND VOIP. I think you even had several people in there who agreed with you.

If I were to pick nits, I would only say that getting into those sort of back and forth between individuals is something we try to keep a lid on in COMMAND. There are a handful of us in NCC and in COMMAND who have worked long and hard to achieve even the level of civility and coordination that exists today (which, believe it or not, is a vast improvement). As the person who literally wrote our comms procedures, I know I don't need to tell you the importance of minimizing noise in communication channels.

Having said that, we have all had our moments in there, myself included. I have blasted Wisdomcube and said much worse things than you my friend. lol In the heat of the moment, it is easy to do, and we are all only human. I wouldn't worry too much about it, although I give you a lot of credit for coming here and posting this. You may or may not wish to post this in NCC forums, as the membership there is the majority of people who spend time in COMMAND channel. Or, with your permission, I would be happy to cross post a link to this thread on your behalf.

I know Infinint rubs some people the wrong way, and I certainly do not agree with him in blowing up friendly Sunderers, but in his defense I can say that he has been one of the more involved people in trying to restore order and civility in COMMAND channel. I would refer you to this thread at NCC, which is in the public forum, and therefore should be viewable by everyone:

Welcome to the politics of strategic level coordination in Planetside, E-Male! It can at once be both maddening, as well as a uniquely rewarding experience amongst video games. I was very glad to see you in COMMAND, and hope this experience has not dissuaded you from participating there in the future. As someone who frequently platoon leads, I would also invite you to join NCC, and get to know better some of the other players involved at that level.
      Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 10-06-2015, 02:20 PM.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed