***Joint Ops with TAS***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] ***Joint Ops with TAS***

Our outfit is looking to start some combined joint operations with one or two other outfits on the Emerald server. We have had discussions with the TAS (The Ascended) outfit leaders, and want to feel out how we can effectively work together during large scale events, alerts, etc.

We would like to work with other outfits without compromising Tactical Gamer's philosophies or game play style, which is going to involve them feeling out how we play and us feeling out how they operate. Our TG style tends to be more coordinated, less comms chatty and more restricted in terms of "gaming the game engine" and playing as realistically as possible.

With this in mind, the outfit leaders would like to do a combined Ops night on October 24 at 8:00PM EST (same time but not same night as FNF). This will be a single platoon with a TG platoon leader and Squads from TAS and TG. Some ground rules about this combined Ops night:

1. Outfit communications coordination will be done on the TAS Teamspeak server for the platoon leader, and as BACKUP comms for Squad leaders.
    2. The TG Platoon will be run in the same manner that TG platoons are generally run, no exceptions. TAS has agreed to this.
    3. TAS and TG will bring veteran squad leaders to the event, and we are looking for a veteran platoon lead for the night. (we can rotate PL and SL as necessary to bring fresh minds to the game).

We need volunteers! Looking for one PL and two SLs. I would really love to do it but sadly it will be one of my very few nights away at a wedding of a cousin of mine.

Can anyone volunteer for the following role (s)

1. Platoon lead Primary, Platoon lead secondary, platoon lead tertiary
    *Starstriker, RandyS, ...
    2. Squad lead
    3. Squad lead
    4. Squad members! As many as possible. :)

If multiple people would liek to SL for the event, we can rotate as necessary.

This is going to be a fun event in which we can really show off the very best of TG and our playstyle. Please post here if you would like to help lead in this event, and please post here if you would like to participate.
    Last edited by Zombiesnack99; 10-09-2015, 09:39 PM.
    Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Re: ***Joint Ops with TAS***

Sweet! Count me in. Willing to PL, SL, fly trans, or grunt as needed (in rough order of preference).
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm up for PLing or SLing this!

Comment

I can SL/SL2 or PL2/Radio transcribe as needed.

Comment

Volunteer to squad lead, or squad member as I see several solid leaders signed up.
          The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

I'm available for PL/SL/grunt.

Comment

Coordinating with the server populace without sacrificing the TG way to do it... I'm game! I feel that its good opportunity to role an air alpha strike squad. I wouldnt even mind leading it with a group of HIGHLY disciplined TG personnel. To do this would however require a PL that can maintain battlefield Situational Awareness (SA) to a sharp level in order to give timely waypoints of targets to strike within a 15 meter accuracy. Demanding role but its for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by VLAD View Post
                Coordinating with the server populace without sacrificing the TG way to do it... I'm game! I feel that its good opportunity to role an air alpha strike squad. I wouldnt even mind leading it with a group of HIGHLY disciplined TG personnel. To do this would however require a PL that can maintain battlefield Situational Awareness (SA) to a sharp level in order to give timely waypoints of targets to strike within a 15 meter accuracy. Demanding role but its for a reason.
                Do we have any of those?

Comment

Originally posted by thefatz View Post
                  Do we have any of those?
                  We absolutely do!

Comment

I'm available as squad member primary, backup SL on call during that time.

Comment

Glad to see a lot of people signing up for this. It should be a lot of fun.

Whoever made mention of this in outfit MOTD in game, kudos, that was a great idea.
                      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Great to see the responses! I really wish my event was on another day.
                        Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

ooh that's a Saturday if im on sure thing, Also Volunteer to be a SL for this however I do think some of the more veteran players should do it. More than willing to be backup in case of emergency though.

Comment

Will we be participating in any alerts that come up and then get stuck in the endless routine of bouncing around the map via redeployside, or will we adopt a more slower and steady approach to whatever happens?

Comment

That'll naturally come down to whoever ends up PLing.

If I'm PLing, I like to participate in alerts as they come up. I hate redeployside; the closest I'll come is airborne infantry, and I prefer to operate on a region basis rather than hopping across the map. I've been trying to improve my logistics abilities (that is, planning for platoon needs and maneuvers well ahead of time) and I've also been trying to mix things up a bit, as I realize I've leaned pretty heavily on airborne infantry at times. Ultimately my favourite fights are the well entrenched midfield battles. If I have an opportunity to fight one, I'll usually take it.

If you want an example of how I intend to lead, look at last Friday's AAR.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X