Game Update 10/29/15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Game Update 10/29/15

Today's update brings in the Victory Points system, the long delayed LMG tweaks and a few other goodies.

The Planetside 2 PC servers will be coming down at 6am (Pacific) on 10/29 for a game update. The estimated downtime is approximately 1.5 hours. Below is a list of features/changes/etc once the update is complete.

Victory Points

Continents will no longer be captured by alerts and territory control alone! Victory Points are a new method of scoring within the game. If your faction earns the required number of Victory Points, then the continent is yours! The continental VP scoreboard is shown at the top of the Map screen. Mousing over each faction will bring up the “Points to Victory” window, which breaks down progress and overall score.

There are a numbers of ways to earn VP:

Permanent Victory Points

·Link your warpgate to enemy warpgate = +1 VP

·Link your warpgate to both enemy warpgates simultaneously = Continental Victory/Lock

·Capture all Techplants = +1 VP

·Capture all Amp Stations= +1 VP

·Capture all Biolabs = +1 VP

·Capture all major facilities (Amp, Bio, Tech) simultaneously = Continental Victory/Lock

·Win Alerts = +2 VP

Flux Victory Points
    Capturing more than 45% of a continent’s territory can earn you “Flux” Victory Points. Flux Victory Points count toward continental victory, but can be won/lost with the territory you control/lose.

Percentage of Territory controlled:

·45% = +1 VP
    ·50% = +1 VP
    ·55% = +1 VP
    ·60% = +1 VP
    ·65% = +1 VP
    ·70% = +1 VP
    ·75% = +1 VP
    ·80% = +1 VP
    ·85% = +1 VP
    ·90% = +1 VP (Continental Victory)

Continent Benefit Changes
    ·Hossin Benefit – 50% off MAXs has been removed, controlling Hossin will now provide vehicle and aircraft repairs at friendly ammo resupply towers/pads.

Facility Benefit Changes

AMP Station Benefit
    ·Allows facility turrets to fire for much longer before overheating; also allows facility turrets to auto repair over time.

BioLab Benefit
    ·Auto heal rate has been increased significantly.

New Bounty Directive
    ·Awards a “Bounty Hunter” title and the NS-15 Gallows LMG as the final tier reward.

LMG Changes
    Orion
    •ADS moving CoF remains 0.4 (same as Live)
    •ADS movement modifier to 0.5, from 0.75
    •ADS CoF recoil to 0.04, from 0.05
    •Horizontal recoil to 0.22/0.22, from 0.2/0.225
    •Horizontal tolerance to 0.8, from 0.9
    •Standing hipfire to 2.5, from 2.75
    •Moving hipfire to 3.25, from 3.5
    •Projectile velocity to 540, from 570
    •Short and long reloads to 3.0/3.44, from 3.28/3.655

Betelgeuse
    •ADS moving CoF remains 0.4 (same as Live)
    •Horizontal recoil to 0.22/0.22, from 0.2/0.225
    •Standing hipfire to 2.5, from 2.75
    •Moving hipfire to 3.25, from 3.5
    •Projectile velocity to 540, from 570
    •Decreased heat bleedoff speed by 20%

SVA-88 & SVA-88 GG
    •Horizontal recoil to 0.2/0.2, from 0.2/0.225
    •Vertical recoil to 0.4, from 0.44

Pulsar LSW
    •Can now equip Extended Magazines
    •First Shot Multiplier to 1.6, from 2.45
    VX29 Polaris
    •Maximum damage range to 20m, from 10m
    •Recoil angle to 17/17, from 17/20

Ursa
    •Moving ADS CoF to 0.35, from 0.4
    Flare
    •Horizontal tolerance to 0.6, from 0.75
    •Vertical recoil to 0.4, from 0.44
    Anchor
    •First Shot Recoil Multiplier to 2.2, from 2
    •Horizontal recoil to 0.18, from 0.175
    •Standing hipfire to 2.75, from 3
    •Moving hipfire to 3.5, from 3.75
    •Projectile velocity to 570, from 600

EM1
    •Horizontal recoil to 0.18/0.18, from 0.2/0.2
    NC6 Gauss Saw
    •Moving Aim Down Sights CoF to 0.4, from 0.5

MSW-R
    •Standing hipfire to 2.75, from 3
    •Moving hipfire to 3.5, from 3.75

T16 Rhino
    •First Shot Recoil Multiplier to 1.5, from 2

TMG-50
    •Moving ADS CoF to 0.35, from 0.4

T32 Bull
    •Reserve ammunition to 240, from 180
    •Horizontal recoil to 0.18, from 0.2

T9 CARV-S
    •Horizontal tolerance to 0.7, from 0.8

T9A Butcher
    •Added Spinup - Rate of Fire from 750 to 780 over 0.3 seconds.
    •Crouching hipfire to 3, from 3.5
    •Crouching moving hipfire to 3.5, from 4
    •Standing hipfire to 3.5, from 4
    •Moving hipfire to 4, from 4.5

Misc

·You can now set multiple bounties on a target at once.
    ·Skill line trees are back! (*there is a known issue where some weapons are listed multiple times and/or bring up a different weapon to unlock then what is listed*)
    ·All facilities and outposts should now be using the new capture UI that went live on large outposts a few weeks ago.
    ·Fixed an issue that would cause the bounty counter on the HUD to display "x0".
    ·Fight for Flight decals are now only viewable in the inventory of the appropriate faction.
    ·Deployed Sunderers should once again properly display their no deploy zones to other friendly Sunderers and show on their minimaps.

Original Thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2.../#post-3302140

Re: Game Update 10/29/15

Continent Benefit Changes
    ·Hossin Benefit – 50% off MAXs has been removed, controlling Hossin will now provide vehicle and aircraft repairs at friendly ammo resupply towers/pads.

If this stacks with Engineers rep guns and max Nanite Repair sunderers... BEWARE THE ENTRENCHED Vanguard and Prowler.

AMP Station Benefit
    ·Allows facility turrets to fire for much longer before overheating; also allows facility turrets to auto repair over time.

This cuts both ways. One hand turrets should never be down for long, on the other hand it makes sure that any destroyed hacked turrets can be rehacked. Not sure if they realized that unfortunate side-effect.

Comment

I'm having trouble deciphering what the LMG changes mean. Gauss SAW looks like a straight up buff and EM1 got buffed too? Not sure what to make of the anchor changes though.

Comment

Anchor got a hipfire buff and ADS nerf. They're trying to make it more CQB-specialized.

The biggest thing in this update though is that the VS lost all their 0.75 ADS movement ability LMGs. O.o

I like to laugh at the VS as much as the next man, but I'm a little dissapointed to see the loss of faction distinctions.
        Teamwork and Tactics are OP

Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".

Comment

0.75 ADS movement modifier should never have been a 'faction distinction' for VS - they already have no bullet drop, infinite ammo guns, high accuracy "low damage" weapons, and fast reload speed for their faction traits. I'd actually argue they have more traits to differentiate them from TR/NC than TR/NC do. And the 0.75x movement modifier is something that should only have been available to a squishy class like infiltrators in any case. Allowing the already omnipresent 'do everything' class to tank damage not just with an overshield, but also with speed, was a mistake.

I'm having trouble deciphering what the LMG changes mean. Gauss SAW looks like a straight up buff and EM1 got buffed too? Not sure what to make of the anchor changes though.
          The Gauss Saw buff is relatively minor, but important, as it allows you to strafe a little bit while shooting instead of having to stand still and be sniper bait. The Godsaw has it as well, but the Godsaw is also a little more accurate/easier to control and it's still difficult to hit people while moving.

For the VS weapons, a number of them got a CoF bloom buff allowing them to fire longer bursts, or shorter bursts more frequently. In particular, you'd see a difference at the tail-end of firing when bloom has reached a critical point - with the Godsaw as an example, your horizontal recoil tolerance vs the Pulsar LSW is better, but because of the fast CoF bloom increase, once you've fired ~20-30 rounds, your horizontal recoil will actually be worse in practice: This is because your shots can land further away from the target to begin with. Example. (Planetstats.net)

Basically, the CoF change is a buff to their mid-long range engagement capability. The Pulsar LSW in particular is now pretty exceptional - from the extracted data I've seen, it's equivalent to a Godsaw, but has better vertical recoil and hipfire accuracy while the CoF change almost entirely negates the Horizontal recoil/tolerance difference. It's had almost a 40% increase in KPH since the patch and is now on par with the Betelgeuse.

Likewise the EM1 got a significant boost and can now deal full damage (with SPA) to ~25m instead of 10m. Its KPH average has climbed about 34% and is now roughly on par with the Godsaw. The anchor, in spite of its nerfs, isn't showing any decrease in performance. (Actually, it's been doing really well over the past couple days)

The EM1 and Pulsar LSW changes are significant, even with only 3 days worth of data to look at - the changes to other LMG's have been relatively minor and it'll likely be a few weeks/months before we have enough data to say how much has changed for sure. So far I'd wager it's less than a 10% difference, maybe only as much as 5%.

I'd like to note regarding the removal of 0.75 ADS on the VS weapons, that this shouldn't change KPH much, if at all. That is primarily going to effect KDR metrics - 0.75 ADS modifer doesn't let you kill better, it allows you to survive incoming fire better.
          Last edited by Wintermote; 11-01-2015, 02:41 PM.
          http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Comment

-LMG's "Buffed", :(.
            -Some of the balancing changes I feel like are good the 0.75 ads on vanu weapons I always felt like was an annoyance in only slight occasions mainly when fighting people like AC and GOKU.
            -I would have preferred most lmg's not to be buffed because it discourages class diversity even further,NC already has trouble getting enough medics on the field on the emerald server. And Also being able to hip-fire is sort of smg and some carbines thing. Also heavies have access to smg's too so, I don't know how necessary the hip-fire buff is even, (Even though I know it wasn't too significant.
            -Thoughts on the new capture mechanics thus far...
            -Vanu seems to be winning alot.
            -This may be due to the fact that the other factions have two or 3 organized outfits at once working together whereas I have no idea how many Vanu has. A strategy I'm noticing them using is bum rushing our warp gates.
            - The turret repair benefit is much more scary than anticipated, especially with towers. Before many people thought it wasnt worth it to keep the turrets manned because it involved reps and such, now a faction with the benefit on cont is alot scarier of a defensive force because it makes people think to use the turrets I still feel like the repair pad benefit wont effect things to much though, but im glad to have the max half off bit removed I'm meeting less of them on the battlefield now, I wish I could say the same for heavies but sadly now there's even more of them then ever.

Comment

I could not tell you about stats but

When I connect of a morning GMT -1 I find most of the VP taken by NC
              but on a side note, I also noticed a lot of players from a bigger NC outfit(unnamed) jumping over to VS and seem to over populate it

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

What is this KPH metric?
                Last edited by Ytman; 11-02-2015, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Bwa?

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                    What is this KPH metric?
                    KPH means Kills Per Hour: The amount of kills your average player gets with the weapon within 1 hour.
                    KDR: Kills per death; the average amount of kills someone gets before dying.
                    KPU: Kills per unique; the average amount of kills someone gets with a weapon each day. (I think! It's a stat from oracle and is not explained very well at all.)

These are, more or less, the best we have for examining performance of any given weapon. You can also compare average accuracy rates to get a really rough idea of what weapons are more accurate/easier to control than others.

As far as I'm aware, there are no currently operating websites tracking KDR/accuracy aggregates anymore. You can check KPH and KPU for a given weapon on ps2oraclestats.com, and personal metrics on ps2.fisu.pw, melbalabs.com (this one ranks you based on something like chess ELO), and playerrepublic.com

Originally posted by RaymondScout View Post
                    This wouldn't be unusual. VS on Emerald have won 43.1% of all alerts. (VS on almost every server win >40% of alerts; the exceptions appear to be mostly PS4 servers)

You can check those stats at ps2alerts.com
                    Last edited by Wintermote; 11-02-2015, 02:37 AM.
                    http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X