Cyclone on HA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclone on HA?

I've heard people on chat discuss how cyclone is effectively like an LMG but hits like a truck and is very controllable and still reloads super fast like an SMG. Has anyone here had any experience with the cyclone and how did you feel after using it? I have the cyclone right now but I've never considered running it on heavy over jackhammer.

Re: Cyclone on HA?

Would be interested to hear. I still somehow haven't picked up an SMG, and I'm not sure which one I'd really want to use.

Comment

Re: Cyclone on HA?

It's extremely effective within ~20m. Better than a Betelgeuse/Orion or any NC LMG if you can land headshots, but outside 20m you're better off with pretty much any LMG in the NC lineup.
      Basically, it's specialized for CQB and lacks versatility.

Extended mags help push your engagement range a little further, but generally you'll only want to try killing someone outside 20m if they're unaware of you, as pretty much any other carbine/assault rifle/lmg is more accurate and an actual 1vs1 engagement at that distance probably won't swing your way.

SPA is basically mandatory, it's too good not to take it. Suppressor and laser sight are fantastic if you stick to ~5-10m short range - with the laser sight, you don't need to ADS, which means you get a 1.0x ADAD movement modifier; better than what a betelgeuse/orion heavy used to manage. While the suppressor helps keep you from popping up on radar. As a bonus, the gun is pretty quiet and even if someone does hear it, they're going to assume you're an infiltrator, not a heavy assault.

To summarize: Yes, it's really good. However, it's also very specialized and you're gimped if the fight moves past 20m.
      http://i.imgur.com/Pn1UxKo.png - Tactical Gamer // Planetside 2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X