Leaders...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaders...

-Ive been noticing a trend in lack of new leadership lately... I mean just recently on the 6th we never even ended up doing FNF, our night to play even though plenty were on. The issue appears to be a lack of leaders at the moment. This isn't really an article for me to post my thoughts, but rather to get the discussion started about leadership and getting some new people to step up to the plate... So... Discuss below...

Re: Leaders...

With a combination of moving in to a new apartment, Halloween parties, and my Birthday. I've been indisposed for the time being. Should be on more often this week.

On a side note: With a bunch of big games releasing and midterms coming up people will be pulled away from the game. I know LOTV and fallout 4 drop this week.

Comment

Was working late on Friday, didn't have the energy to come on and lead, otherwise I'd have gotten something going. This is a fairly likely situation for me for the next few months, deadlines are tight!

This is a good time for new leaders to step up, sounds like we need them. We might want to consider organizing SL training events again.

Comment

I always think it's a good idea to discuss ways to get members interested in squad leading, and the following should not be interpreted as an attempt to halt that discussion.

When I first joined Tactical Gamer, I would post similar sentiments to yours, RaymondScout. I just couldn't understand why players seemed to stop playing and fade away for a time. It used to really frustrate me. Now, with a few years as an administrator under my belt, and seeing the trend happen time and again, I've come to realize that real life has a way of intruding on our gaming time. For me lately, it's been my job and taking care of my mother. In the spring, summer, and early fall, I spend a lot of time outdoors, fishing and hiking, as well as working around the yard and on my house. But, now that the weathers turning cold and the trout/bass fishing seasons are over, I'll probably be in game a bit more. That's the good news..

The bad is that, like Slyfox stated, Fallout 4 drops today. I'm so excited about it, I even purchased a new video card so that I can spend endless hours enjoying my time in the wasteland.

Back to the topic at hand:

I agree with Starstriker in that SL training events can help get some fresh faces in the SL seat. Heck, I've even lead a couple of small squads recently, just to take up a bit of the slack. (don't get excited or anything, no plans on being a regular squad lead. Burned out on that a long time ago.)

A few other ideas, in no particular order:

- If you're leading a squad and you've got one of those infamous back-seat-SL types, hand him/her the squad.

- If you log in and see just a couple people on that aren't regular SL's, ask if they are interested in getting a squad going. If so, ask if one of them would like to try leading. There's a lot less pressure on the SL when the squad is small.

- Occasionally use Outfit text chat to inform members that we have an awesome Squad Leader Mentorship program and a lot of great instructors. The prize at the end of the program is being promoted to the rank of Corporal and the ability to lead open TG squads.

- If you're leading a squad and are getting tired but, aren't ready to log out, ask if someone would like to take the squad, while making yourself available to them for advice/instruction. Again, smaller squads are preferable.

- If you are leading a large squad, see if anyone would like to be a fireteam leader. The FTL would get some valuable leading time without the pressure of an entire squad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SlyfoxV View Post
          With a combination of moving in to a new apartment, Halloween parties, and my Birthday. I've been indisposed for the time being. Should be on more often this week.

On a side note: With a bunch of big games releasing and midterms coming up people will be pulled away from the game. I know LOTV and fallout 4 drop this week.

What WAT

Happy birthday!
          Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

Indeed birthday happy

Comment

I'll more than likely be on for Fridays. We've got PR tournament stuff those days but if the go time is 8PM est or later I should be able to hop on for at least an hour.

Comment

Happy birthday Sly!
                I will try to be on for FNF this week. 90% certainty. :)
                The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

I Appreciate it guys! Good ol 28. If you're ever in Baltimore come on by and buy me a drink :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X