Them!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Them!

No, not Earth ants mutated to gigantic size by radiation, but the indigenous Auraxian ants! Here's some more early footage of them in action on the PTS:

Re: Them!

They look great. So we'll have Nanite Oil Spouts indicating active sites? I figure the transparent bubble was the harvesting site as well...

This will be an interesting development of the game's larger strategy level and I hope quite a fun one. I wonder how much XP farm we'll get from it and what the upgrade path will look like.

Comment

The base building they're supposed to link into (that they previewed on the anniversary stream) looks particularly fascinating. I've been musing about the strategic possibilities for attack and defense since I've seen the preview. Even without the whole victory point generator thing, the ability to properly barricade a chokepoint looks promising and disabling/counteracting bases offers some fascinating possibilities for covert/spec ops work. Combined with the victory points system... some truly interesting battles might become possible.

Comment

I wonder if you can only build on owned territory, if not, I'm sure near enemy warp gate AA would pop up all the time.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Here's some more videos showing some of the base components that can be constructed from a PS2 thread:

Original thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2...immick.235670/

Comment

That's quite an explosion.

It's interesting that the VP generator is essentially an infantry-only target. Outside forces can bring the shield down, but only infantry can kill it. I suspect that the preferred method of destruction will either be infiltrator's sneaking in, hacking the shield then making the kill, or straight up brute force drops directly on the VP. Preventing the infiltrators just requires vigilance and some degree of preparation (a bunch of landmines will discourage it) but the drops? Tough to imagine those porous defenses surviving three squads of hot drop, even with automated AI turrets, mines, etc there to discourage them.

In which case, I suspect that having a dominating AA presence is mandatory, preferably with air superiority assets downing Galaxies and Valkyries far outside the actual base. In fact, I wouldn't trust those defenses to really hold up against a determined assault unless the terrain was much more favourable; defending those VP generators will be best done aggressively and well forward of the actual base.

I also wonder if snipers can get a kill on the VP given a good angle... in that case, a VP kill could be done with a well placed team of snipers.

Comment

My only worry is them making the wall type items to easy to destroy or even having to many of the automated turrets

Comment

dont get me wrong though when I saw just what it was I was Like "WOW THATS SO COOL

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X