No announcement yet.

PTS Update 12-23-15 (An Upgrade for TG)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS Update 12-23-15 (An Upgrade for TG)

Here is the link to the new PTS notes which should be hitting live in about a month.

One of the sections in the PTS change notes talks about the new leadership changes. See below.

Leadership Changes:
    • (wip) Fireteams: Squad/Platoon leaders can subdivide their squad into smaller groups. This is an early version of this system with features still to come.
    • Additional Map AND Minimap context menu functionality with interactable indicators. You can now right click on ally player/waypoint indicators to:
    • remove waypoint
    • invite to squad
    • kick from squad
    • invite to platoon
    • kick from platoon
    • invite to create platoon
    • assign to alpha, bravo, charlie, delta squads
    • promote to squad leader
    • promote to platoon leader
    • (more options coming in the future)
    • Increased distance for spawning into squad vehicles from 600 meters to 1000 meters
    • Remove the ability for the squad leader to rename all of the platoon's squads
    • Reduced cooldowns for offensive/defensive markers from 5 minutes to 2:30 minutes
    • New invite all button in members screen that will invite all outfit members to squad/platoon
    • New button that allows a squad leader to remove their squad from a platoon
    • Squad HUD Indicator changes:
    • all squad members will show within 2500m
    • if you are platoon leader, all other squad leaders will also show and edge clamp
    • if you are a squad leader, then platoon leader will show and edge clamp
    • if you are a squad member, then squad leader will show and edge clamp
    • any vehicle containing squad members will show
    • Waypoints can now be removed individually without removing all other waypoints (live)

Re: PTS Update 12-23-15 (An Upgrade for TG)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    btw fatz you beat me to the punch but YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!! also some of my personal favorite bits include
    Heavy Shield

Nanite Mesh Generator
    Hit points reduced from 750 to 450
    Drain per second decreased from 50 to 12.5
    Adrenaline Shield
    Hit points reduced from 750 to 450
    Drain per second reduced from 50 to 18
    Shield points received per kill changes:
    Rank 1 increased from 31 to 90
    Rank 2 increased from 47 to 104
    Rank 3 increased from 78 to 117
    Rank 4 increased from 113 to 130
    Rank 5 decreased from 157 to 143
    Resist Shield
    Resists for Small Arms, Melee, and Anti-Vehicle projectiles decreased from 45% to 40%
    Increased active duration by 50%
    I CAN ALREADY TASTE THE HEAVY TEARS XD, That being said resist shield seems to be remaining the better of the three options, (Witch IMO is how i think it should be). That being said I think that it may even be a bit heavy handed (Pun intended) and that the previous proposed changes would have actually been better for the health of the player base of the class. People are also starting to say that now the medic with max nanoweve can tank better than the heavy can. Witch in all honesty is having more medics that bad of a thing? :/, Heavy fans best start certing into resist shield now, (Witch is possible the best breaching option) Im looking forward to the heavy tears and having less power rangers on the battlefield. The only thing that could possibly make any of this better is a buff to the squad play of the LA but im happy right now REALLY REALLY HAPPY!!!

Comment

ALSO FINA-FRICKIN-LY THE GATEKEEPER GETS THE NERF HAMMER, The Things like a raven max meets ppa meets av sniper rifle

Comment

Nice to see intelligent changes that increase squad/platoon management and comms.

PS2 still my fav game for 2016.
        sigpic

Comment

One of my favourite details? Battle Rifles with underbarrel grenade launchers. Booyah! They'll be decent utility options to make up for their other weaknesses.

Comment

The underbarrel grenade launchers are nice for the battle rifles, but they're leaving them off the scout rifle directive battle rifles like the Guardian for some reason. Granted, it would mean giving up the forward rail for better stability, but still, it'd be nice to have the option on them instead of having to revert back to the Warden.

Safe drop on the Valkyrie is another good addition, but pales in comparison to the laundry list of updates that the community has been clamoring for over a year now such as:

1. Increased Health
            2. Increased Damage Resistance
            3. Increased Speed
            4. Yet another Balance Pass on all weapons (this would be the third time)
            5. Integrate Squad Logistics

Comment

Here's some new video footage showing off several of the new updates currently on the PTS:

Original thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2...rounds.236621/

Comment

take a look on min 9:10

Asian level reached!! :P

Comment

Here's more ANT and construction stuff from the recent PTS stress test:

Comment

anyways just figure Id mention THAT AS OF TODAY WE HAVE FREAKING FIRE TEAMS OMAGOSH Its functionality is limited though theres no fire team chat and its mainly just sub divisions of a squad that being said i think proxy should be used for fireteams, also The heavy shield nerfs have finally happened, you still have to watch out for resist heavies, that being said they cant 360 shield win and they have to activate it retroactively so Im very pleased with the nerf, also the gatekeeper has received the nerf hammer so it shouldnt be nearly impossible to play against tr vehicle side. also valks can now safe drop by default. and the BR's now have access to underbarrel shotgun grenade and smoke grenade launchers, perfect for Emale XD. anyways theres a few more things that happened that I might not have mentioned here
                    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2...e-1-14.237234/

Comment

Honestly, I don't really care about fire team specific voice chat channels (there's enough to juggle as-is) but I'm eager to have better tools for dividing and tasking a squad. No ambiguity as to who's in which fire team; shame I can't officially designate a fire team lead, but verbally assigning it should be enough.

Not sure I'll have time and energy available to get back in and play (gamedev be crazy, yo) but I'm really eager to give those new tools a shot for small-squad operations. Definitely post back with impressions!

Comment

"gamedev be crazy, yo"....what are you talking about? Gamedev be lazy spaghetti code, for instance visit www.planetside.com.

Comment

Planetside is, if nothing else, an incredible technical achievement. I sincerely doubt that their codebase is that awful or their programmers that incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                            Planetside is, if nothing else, an incredible technical achievement.
                            I have not had the opportunity to compare it to WoW or the large scale space games (names?) but it is an extraordinary example of complexity and team-oriented design in a virtual environment.
                            sigpic

Comment

Not to discount the massive amount of engineering that goes into a game like WoW, Planetside is pushing past some impressive constraints:
                              • High fidelity effects and rendering that needs to cope with large environments and huge numbers of players
                              • Twitchy, responsive FPS gameplay which increases the frequency in which gameplay and physics calculations must be made
                              • A full physics simulation for vehicles (and, client side, for additional debris)
                              • A heavy network load; a twitch shooter must send constant, fairly meaty updates at a very high rate at a very low latency.

The naive, brute force implementation of network updates grows quadratically in cost (that is, if you double the number of players, you quadruple the amount of network traffic) and with network updates as frequent as Planetside that means that a sophisticated system is culling and figuring out who needs what information how often to cut this down. Not a trivial task!

Those requirements should be absolutely crushing when scaled up so far, but enough algorithmic know-how and smoke and mirrors has been applied to make it a believable and responsive simulation almost all the time. It's pretty impressive.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X