1/14/16 Game Update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] 1/14/16 Game Update

Here's the big one we've been waiting for. There's no ANTs or construction system yet, but hopefully that'll be in the next large update.

The Planetside 2 servers will be coming at at 6am (Pacific) for a game update tomorrow morning. The expected downtime is approximately 1.5 hours.

The following changes/additions have been made:

Max Battle Rank Increase

We’ve increased the XP Max Battle Rank increased to 120. The following titles and decals are awarded:

o Destoryer @ BR101

o Champion @ BR105

o Conqueror @ BR110

o Predator @ BR 115

o Dreadnaught @ BR 120

Note: For existing BR100 characters, post-100 XP accumulation will begin after the update is complete. Any previous XP acquired by capped BR100 characters is not retroactive.

Leadership Improvements

Fire Teams

o Squad/Platoon leaders can subdivide their squad into smaller groups.

Additional Map AND Minimap context menu functionality with interactable indicators. You can now right click on ally player/waypoint indicators to:

o remove waypoint

o invite to squad

o kick from squad

o invite to platoon

o kick from platoon

o invite to create platoon

o assign to alpha, bravo, charlie, delta squads

o promote to squad leader

o promote to platoon leader

o (more options coming in the future)

Increased distance for spawning into squad vehicles from 600 meters to 1000 meters.

Removed the ability for the squad leader to rename all of the platoon's squads.

Reduced cooldowns for offensive/defensive markers from 5 minutes to 2:30 minutes.

New invite all button in members screen that will invite all outfit members to squad/platoon.

New button that allows a squad leader to remove their squad from a platoon.

Squad HUD Indicator changes:

o All squad members will show within 2500m.

o If you are platoon leader, all other squad leaders will also show and edge clamp.

o If you are a squad leader, then platoon leader will show and edge clamp.

o If you are a squad member, then squad leader will show and edge clamp.

o Any vehicle containing squad members will show.

o Waypoints can now be removed individually without removing all other waypoints (live).

Bounty System Changes

We’ve increased the XP rewards on bounties:

o Bounty Hunter Award XP has been increased from 100 to 250xp per kill.

o Payback Award XP has been increased from 100 to 400 per kill.

Heavy Shield

Nanite Mesh Generator

Hit points reduced from 750 to 450.

Drain per second decreased from 50 to 12.5

Passive regen rate increased:

o Rank 1 - Changed from 12.5 per second to 15

o Rank 2 - Changed from 13.1 per second to 16

o Rank 3 - Changed from 13.75 per second to 17.3

o Rank 4 - Changed from 14.6 per second to 18.75

o Rank 5 - Changed from 15.6 per second to 20.4

o Rank 6 - Changed from 16.6 per second to 22.5

Adrenaline Shield

Hit points reduced from 750 to 450.

Drain per second reduced from 50 to 18.

Shield points received per kill changes:

o Rank 1 increased from 31 to 143.

o Rank 2 increased from 47 to 160.

o Rank 3 increased from 78 to 173.

o Rank 4 increased from 113 to 186.

o Rank 5 decreased from 157 to 200.

Resist Shield

Resists for Small Arms, Melee, and Anti-Vehicle projectiles decreased from 45% to 40%.

Increased active duration by 50%.

Weapon Balance

MR11 Gatekeeper

Projectile velocity decreased from 500 to 450.

Projectile drop increased from 0.5 to 2.0.

MR11 Gatekeeper-H

Projectile velocity decreased from 500 to 450.

Projectile Drop increased from 0.5 to 3.0.

Recoil increased from 0 to 2.0.

Warden

Maximum damage range to 15m, from 8m.

Horizontal recoil to 0.18, from 0.18 to 0.22.

Horizontal tolerance to 0.4, from 0.5.

Added Underbarrel Grenade.

Added Underbarrel Smoke attachments.

Short reload to 2.5, from 2.15.

Long reload to 3.4, from 3.05 (This corrects a bug to the reload speed that was on Live.)

AMR-66

Eidolon

Guardian

Vertical recoil to 0.51, from 0.58.

Horizontal recoil to 0.135, from 0.14 to 0.17.

Horizontal tolerance to 0.35, from 0.5.

Projectile velocity to 680, from 650.

DMR-99

Magazine size to 22, from 20.

Ammunition capacity to 132, from 120.

Revenant

Short reload to 2.0, from 2.5.

Pulsar LSW

ADS Moving CoF to 0.4, from 0.35.

Flash Grenade

Fuse timer to 1.5 sec., from 3 sec.

Medical Applicator

Revive range standardized to 6 meters at all ranks.

Flash Suppressor (Attachment)

Increases minimap detection range by 15m.

No longer increases CoF bloom.

Misc:

Lightning tanks may now unlock Engagement Radar.

Players can now safely drop from a Valkyrie by default.

Bug Fixes:

Base capture progression arrow now shows on map screen.

VP points for capturing both warpgates is now permanent.

Fix bug that prevented victory points from being awarded for owning all facility types in certain situations.

Fix that should make damage from C4 attached to a moving vehicle much more reliable.

Fixing erratic blinking of centralized HUD ammo/ability bars when at warning levels.

Potential fixes for various minimap bugs regarding indicators disappearing or not showing up.

Fix for some vehicle cosmetics displaying in 1st person that should not have.

Fixed an incorrect Depot icon for the Icarus Helmet.

Misc other fixes that we probably forgot to list.
    EDIT - Apparently this client version is crash-a-matic so expect a hotfix soon.
    Last edited by Assault9; 01-14-2016, 11:59 AM.

Re: 1/14/16 Game Update

Yeah Also my performance is taking a hit appears to be gpu related though Ive heard theres some sort of .ini fix for it

Comment

While I'm sure they'll sort it out soon, it's crashing about every 20 minutes for me, and occasionally everyone is getting kicked off the server. That said, fireteams seemed cool, I'm sure Garthra, Starstriker and others will love it. Not sure if it's in the notes, but fixed turrets show up on the mini map when they fire or get spotted now, which is a great addition.

Comment

Fireteams? Srsly? Such greatness.

Comment

First impressions -- the interface HUD has gone from ok to messy in terms of usablity. Trying to drop a squad beacon is often difficult if a squad member is in the area (the new functions menu appears instead of the beacon menu -- very ackward).

The fireteam system has, so far, very limit benefits as it does not isolate comms and results in a messed up squad structure.

Looks like they failed to test this upgrade in any reasonable way.

More whining later . . .
          sigpic

Comment

The first car has almost no relation to the cars of today. Let's hope fireteams improve. Specifically adding voice comms.
            The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Indeed.

There is always hope and hotfixes.
              sigpic

Comment

I disagree with the Fireteams being implemented poorly. Back in PR:ArmA II's short lived existence we had the exact same system- a Squad of 12 could be separated into three fireteams. The FT got no special coms but showed up distinguished on the map differently. We used proxy for anything relevant and close and squad chat when needed (ie emergency or FTs communicating). If I have time tonight and you're on I'd take up a FT L position to see how it works in practice. In the scale of these battles, the importance of respawn, and the time-scales things develop on FTs have to be reactionary and full of their own initiative and shouldn't be treated like a Squad within a Squad. Because if that was the case why didn't we just run a platoon with 3 man squads each?

I am however crashing randomly now with the update.
                Last edited by Ytman; 01-15-2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

YT, is your current opinion based on experiencing the new interface?
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's a short video recap showing most of the new features:

Comment

I'm not weighing in on the implementation of the map-squad office work interface. That might get problematic for all scenarios when in a densely populated region. I however, think that fireteams do not need their own comms, if we want custom comms we have that option still I think (guild comms) and if undersized squads is what we want just run a platoon of four to a squad each. The only functional disadvantage of that versus FTs is that you spread out the use of the squad beacon.

Comment

They're patching like crazy at the moment, so I'm hopeful that the game will be more stable today. I've had 100MB of patches in the last hour.

Comment

Also I think it should be of note that you can set up custom channels IN-GAME so there is that option as well if you want it though im pretty sure it takes some setup in advance a possible solution to creating seperate comms for fireteams also I feel as though we should develop SOP for who is a fireteam leader My vote is that the person placed the highest on the fire team list should be its lead. For now though infantry wise proxy chat could work for the fireteam comms

Comment

So I played a bit tonight (!!!), by which I mean that I played for 5.5 hours, so I had a bit of an opportunity to play with fireteams a bit. Here are my thoughts:
                            • I like the implement, it'll take a while to get used to it; "spade", "diamond", "clubs" aren't habitually easy to address, look for, etc in-game. This goes for our SMs, too, we need to get used to looking at what fireteam we're in and responding to orders directed at a fireteam

• Managing fireteams adds an extra level of cognitive overhead; doing anything with my fireteams was mostly impossible once I was managing a 2-squad platoon and my own squad. Assigned fireteam leaders might go a long way here, as would not PLing and SLing simultaneously like I know I shouldn't. :P

• Really liking the flexibility the system has. I really want to try a 4-4-4 split of two infantry combat squads and one support; for instance, in a point hold with two primary entrances, I can have a fireteam per entrance and the third one float. I'm also interested in trying a light assault fireteam out...

• Doing fireteams right is going to mean getting out of the mindset of volunteering your favourite class/role for the squad, and instead doing what the squad assigns you. Juggling people between fireteams is a hassle. Easier to throw people into teams and then assign tasks for the team, which reduces individual kit agency. Really, the core thing fireteams bring is the ability for people to know their jobs without the SL having to assign tasks to 12 people individually.

• For some jobs a 60-40 split between two fireteams seems ideal; the only time I actually got to employ fireteams at all tonight was when we were still one squad and I wanted us to do some AV work. I had one team run AV while the other ran security/support. ThaFatz started leading the AV fireteam and calling out targets, and I was able to maneuver the support team independently to address threats from encroaching infantry without pulling off the AV team.
                            • Fireteams began to feel less and less relevant the more chaotic things became or the bigger the scale of operations became. This might be unfamiliarity, lack of discipline, my attention split as PL, lack of dedicated FTLs, or maybe you just need to wield the squad as more of a bludgeon in big fights instead of tasking fireteams. I dunno! DEFINITELY seems super useful in smaller engagements, though.

Comment

Biggest issue with the new leadership tools is the added overhead on already reluctant leaders. I think setting a fire team lead is likely going to be the most important thing you can do to make fire teams useful and minimize the overhead. Second would be giving that fire team lead his objectives and let them take it from there. Let the FTL be responsible for letting you know bodies should be shifted if he is running out of man power because people are leaving new people joining the default team. Delegation is an important tool leaders neglect and leave in their tool box to collect dust. Most common with young leaders and ultimately burns them out quickly. Opinion based on 15 year real life observations.

Personally I'm a fire team lead kind of guy so feel free to put me in the role at any time. Just ask Garthra, heh.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X