UNOFFICIAL!! pre-alpha fatz hardcore point holding squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNOFFICIAL!! pre-alpha fatz hardcore point holding squad

Just to get the conversation started....
    UNOFFICIAL pre-alpha fatz hardcore point holding squad test.

First off, Fatz did a fantastic job with Squad Leading taking a new approach to point holding with advanced coordinated tactics. This was mostly just to see how things worked out while testing what needed to be improved. At first, starting off was a bit rusty, but progressively improved as the squad got the hang of watching sections of the room and staying away from doors. After each attempted point hold the squad talked about what went wrong and what we could do next time to fix the problem. Overall, I hope to see more of this with TG :)

Also this is UNOFFICIAL if I didn't mention it already.
    "oh look, a gatekeeper killed me"

Re: UNOFFICIAL!! pre-alpha fatz hardcore point holding squad

just out of curiosity because i am curios what exactly is it being done diferently teams being assighned differently to each part of the room i heard some mine in windows type commands from fatz but im genuinley curios

Comment

heard some mine in windows type commands
      Mind, as in "Be aware of".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mind
      Code:
      To be careful about: Mind the icy sidewalk!"

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Good comms in the video.
        The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

ON a Side note about fire teams:
          [MENTION=122106]thefatz[/MENTION] grouped up the team running as one squad but put medics, heavies and engineers in their own fire team group.

As the team was working the same area, the icon shapes were irrelevant, I found I had no issues with this setup and it was easy way to see how many of each class we had, looking at the squad list and who was active or down.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Good video.

I noticed vts, you as a medic had C4, I tended to run with Med Kits so I can heal myself and keep myself up for the team. Is that a bad tactic?

Any suggestions on load outs for medic? Do you have full Flak armor on or Nano?

I also notice vts killed some guys which I think is excellent, I think sometimes counter to the normal advice, medics need to be killing and only rez people once they are dead. Is that a really bad tactic?

Are the heavies also using their med kits? We can all have 4 med kits. Might help. We can kill with rockets and turrets and grenades, we don't always need C4. (thought I do like the "killbox" C4 on a door.

I notice in some of our CQC point holds, we just don't have enough fire power to take down the (many) enemy fast enough even though we have superior defensive position inside the walls of the room. And we get destroyed by Grenades.

Is there anything we can do about that? More heavies? Maybe we need aiming practice to get fast head shots? Maybe we all need to be using Shotguns (Jackhammer?) to kill fast.

Thoughts?
            Ricterr

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...