Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Captain on Deck! Salute to the changing of the Guard!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] New Captain on Deck! Salute to the changing of the Guard!

Fellow Soldiers of the New Conglomerate, today is a glorious day. We are pleased to announce a new Captain at the Helm of Planetside 2 at Tactical Gamer.

From this day forward your new Supreme Being is Garthra, all hail our glorious leader. May his Drop Pods never sag and may his sunderer never explode!

Yes, Garthra has kindly agreed (with no coercion, whatsoever) to step up from the ranks of the Admin Team and take a turn at the helm of the good ship PS2. I am sure you are all very familiar with Garthra from his excellent contributions to the PS2 Community and the wider TG Community as a whole and will now willingly join me (without threat of pushups) in congratulating Garthra on his promotion and thank him for his noble sacrifice. Well done Sir, may glory be upon you.

As we all now reflect on the prospect of a new regime of ever more relentless discipline and teamwork it is only right and proper that we take a moment to thank the outgoing Game Officer for PS2 at TG P. Drona and his Executive Officer, Mindkill.

When TG embarked on its Interplanetary adventure in PS2 back in mid 2012 we knew we needed a steady hand at the tiller to navigate the sea of tasks setting up a new title for success entails. We searched high and low for the right candidate/s and the bar was set high. Finally one man stood alone amidst the carnage of candidates, many of whom strove valiantly to complete the selection process.

Actually that's not right, he didn't stand alone at all. As P.Drona strode confidently through the crucible of Game Officer selection and placed a piece of paper on the elderly Site Administration Team's desk we noticed another, hurriedly sweeping up the mess behind him. P. Drona pointed to the piece of paper on the desk and stated coldy "I will answer the call, on one condition". "Name your price" croaked the decrepit Site Administrator. P.Drona stepped to one side, turned and pointed to the man behind him, still clearing up the mess, "This man comes with me, wherever I go, he is to be at my side". There was much hullabaloo and consternation among the Site Administrators, some tutting and a bit of coughing from one who had got a boiled sweet stuck in his throat after inadvertently falling asleep during the meeting. "Very well young man, who is this man". Drona turned back to face the wizened Administrator and beamed, "That man is Mindkill and he is my XO"!

So the legend was born and PS2 at TacticalGamer launched to rave reviews. The Dynamic duo of P.Drona and Mindkill led their team of Admins and NCO's in working with the PS2 players to build our PS2 Community and enduring monument to Teamwork, tactics and TG style gameplay.

Thank you P.Drona and Mindkill for the countless hours you have poured into TG and the PS2, your leadership has helped steer the Admin Team and our Community to the position it is in today, something to be very proud of.

Garthra, thank you for stepping up to lead the PS2 Community at TG, I know you'll do an excellent job and continue to build on the fantastic foundations in place and be a strong hand at the tiller as the Outfit and Community grows and develops. You have big shoes to fill but you are more than up to the task.

Thank you and well done Gentlemen.
    Last edited by Wicks; 02-07-2016, 04:55 PM.

Re: New Captain on Deck! Salute to the changing of the Guard!

Thank you [MENTION=18499]P.Drona[/MENTION] and [MENTION=26828]Mindkill[/MENTION] for all your support in the last few years always a pleasure to run alone side you in Planetside 2 always happy to buddy up as Engineer with your MAX [MENTION=26828]Mindkill[/MENTION].

[MENTION=50907]Garthra[/MENTION], been playing with you in ad-havoc mini squads for what seems like a long time in lib runs and the odd, black ops, and following your leading. Never really get to say much while in combat as our time zone seldom a line up. But this does not mean I have nothing to say so here goes.

Hey [MENTION=50907]Garthra[/MENTION], always have fun in your squads, that satisfaction that we did, 'what ever' it was 'AS A TEAM', together, in the same place. Thank you for making PS2 Fun, enjoyable, and moulding the squad in the way you do. Thank you for running the training programs and involving us/me in the development stages of some of them.

Congratulations on your promotion. We NCO's will do our best to support you in your new role to help the way TG evolves.

Once again thank you all for the time you have all taken out of your lives to support, Tactical Gamer and Planetside 2.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Cheers! [MENTION=50907]Garthra[/MENTION]. Its deserved man.

Comment

Your not-threat-of-pushups sounds suspiciously like a threat of pushups.

Even so, congratulations and thanks to Garthra for stepping up! And a huge thanks to Drona for the many years (!!!) he's kept TG PS2 on track. You've left big boots to fill, though I don't doubt Garthra is up to the task.

Comment

Congratulations Garthra! I still remember that you were the one that introduced me to tg a couple of years ago here at PS2 and ive loved it ever since, so happy I went from a mess around outfit to the awsome boss sauciness that is tg! :D Your voice reminds me of wrel a lil bit to lol. Dont think i was with tg back at the beginning when Drona and mindkill first started so that was really cool to hear the story of a time before i arrived. up until the other night i had assumed that they were the same person. Seem like pretty cool people and id love to be in some more squads with them.
          back to the topic at hand Congratulations Garthra!!!

Comment

I for one welcome our new alien insect overlord!

Congratulation Gartha -- a well-deserved promotion that puts TG PS2 in good hands.
            sigpic

Comment

o7
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Congratulations Garthra!!!

o7

Comment

Never heard of him.

Seriously though Garthra, congrats and I am sure you will do an outstanding job. Looking forward to PS2 under your leadership, and don't hesitate to call on me/us for help! :)
                  Communications, Cohesion, Confidence.

Comment

I just joined TG and I only knew Garthra as the leader of TG but congratz on being the leader of TG Garthra :)

Comment

Originally posted by SpoontheMoose View Post
                      I just joined TG and I only knew Garthra as the leader of TG but congratz on being the leader of TG Garthra :)
                      Welcome to TG and the TG outfit. Just to clarify for you, Garthra is taking over the management of Planetside 2 at TG. There are a bunch of other game titles we also support. Check 'em out here if you have a minute or five.

Garthra, congratulations and thanks for stepping up once more. Your dedication to TG and PS2 is inspirational. You've always been one of my favorite SL/PLs. You did a great job as our TGU lead and you'll do a great job as GO.

Wicks, thank you for the kind words and your support these past three years. Always great to chat with you!

Mindkill, thanks for all you've done and will continue to do for us. Glad you're sticking around to XO for Garthra.

My time at PS2 has been a wonderful journey that would not have been possible without the awesome TG PS2 player base and their willingness to lead squads and platoons and train up new SLs and PLs. Thank you all for the many hours of fantastic game play. I've seen things some people wouldn't believe. Galaxys on fire off the shoulder of The Crown. I watched Lumifiber glitter in the dark near the Esamir Southern Warpgate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in a Hossin rain. Time to redeploy.

Comment

Originally posted by P.Drona View Post
                        Welcome to TG and the TG outfit. Just to clarify for you, Garthra is taking over the management of Planetside 2 at TG. There are a bunch of other game titles we also support. Check 'em out here if you have a minute or five.

Garthra, congratulations and thanks for stepping up once more. Your dedication to TG and PS2 is inspirational. You've always been one of my favorite SL/PLs. You did a great job as our TGU lead and you'll do a great job as GO.

Wicks, thank you for the kind words and your support these past three years. Always great to chat with you!

Mindkill, thanks for all you've done and will continue to do for us. Glad you're sticking around to XO for Garthra.

My time at PS2 has been a wonderful journey that would not have been possible without the awesome TG PS2 player base and their willingness to lead squads and platoons and train up new SLs and PLs. Thank you all for the many hours of fantastic game play. I've seen things some people wouldn't believe. Galaxys on fire off the shoulder of The Crown. I watched Lumifiber glitter in the dark near the Esamir Southern Warpgate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in a Hossin rain. Time to redeploy.
                        Nice ode to Blade Runner! See you on the flypesyde!

Comment

Congratulations Garthra!!! You have done an amazing job of leading and changing the outfit even when you were not in this position. Thanks for your hard work so far and looking forward to seeing what you do.
                          "When attacking a stronger opponent, Attack swiftly and with full force at their weakest point— take them out before the can react, or Fall back and engage in guerrilla actions,” Spartan 117.

Comment

Congrats Gartha the late night runs have been just what I have been wanting out of this game. Keep up the good work.

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X