X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting PS2 gunning tutorial/class that was linked from Reddit:

Interesting gunning tutorial that was linked from Reddit:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT9N-BvWQz0

P.S. Just an aside regarding reddit. I wonder why TG has a bad reputation... something about doing 12 person MAX drops from last year? I found that was the case in /r/emeraldPS2
    Did something happen last year? Ghostshooter?

http://www.reddit.com/r/EmeraldPS2/c...ome_parallels/
    >
    Hi Emerald! I thought it would be a good idea to draw some parallels between known outfits across all three factions, Below, Iíve listed what in what appears to be a somewhat accurate comparisons between similar outfits based on skill level and or play styles. Feel free to agree of disagree and add a reason why, also feel free to make your own list!
    Format : VS=TR=NC

DAPP= AOD= PHX

AC=BLOP=TIW(OLD)

VULT=1TR= ANGC

DA=JOKE=BAX

GOKU=00=(NOTHING on NC GG)

IGRU= BWC= TG

IOWN=SALT=RITE

SSGO=382nd=VCO

V= TAS = HNYB

Re: Interesting PS2 gunning tutorial/class that was linked from Reddit:

BaddiePazz has some good info on gun handling here. There isn't one specific reason why we have a "bad" reputation. Its a multitude of several issues that cause nastiness.

1. TG being mature and respectful of others causes most of our members to avoid places like EmeraldPs2 and don't even bother trying to validity themselves. 96% of the subreddit is egoboosting, trash talking and borderline internet bullying. Again that doesnt attract most TG members that I know.

2. Many of them see us as silly and dated. They believe we hamstring ourselves because we don't use certain tactics such as redeployside, spawn beacon swapping, suicidal missions, borderline game breaking tactics( exp: sunders on a point) and more.

3. Cultural differences. This touches on point one but TG has an extremely unique culture and style different then any other outfit that I've seen. We recruit and build on mature respectful attitudes towards each other while following a strict code of conduct. We aren't a zerg, elite, specialized, farm, newbie style outfit so we are alienated for the best reason. The only other outfits that come close to our style that I know of are BWC and MCOR(probably dead). As the great Emale always says " We are not an outfit, we are a community." and hes right.

Comment

BWC is the closest I've seen to our style of play and attitude, though they are a SUBSTANTIALLY more structured organization than we are. Where TG has a mostly flat org chart outside the game (which is essentially administrative anyways), BWC is, if I recall correctly, fairly paramilitary in organization. Really enjoy playing against those guys, the tank scrim we had against them a while back was a ton of fun.

No idea about IGRU, it's the first I've heard of them. If they feel it's laughable to be compared to us and BWC, though, it's unlikely they're a good comparison.

As for the one guy complaining... honestly, not sure what he's complaining about. If the worst he can say is that we brought a properly kitted and organized squad into whatever low pop fight he was enjoying, I don't think there's a lot of validity to it. I don't think we EVER roll around with less than a squad outside of off hours, and a 1-12 (or, indeed, an empty base) is a proportionate target for a unit that size. If it isn't an even fight immediately, it'll probably level off soon enough.
      Last edited by starstriker1; 03-01-2016, 01:05 AM.

Comment

I think that is very true Sly...

"We aren't a zerg, elite, specialized, farm, newbie style outfit so we are alienated for the best reason."

well said.

I think Reddit (like a lot of the internet) can be hotheaded and basing unfair vindictive opinions on 1 incident in the fog of war which may be a half truth or not true at all.

Comment

Thanks for the guide, I'll be sure to give it a look. As for your reddit aside, I use it for a lot for games other than PS2 and even do glance at the planetside sub occasionally. When I used to run a very large TF2 community it was nigh impossible to prevent people on reddit from getting info about the "old guard" who ran it before me, and would not stop talking trash on us because of how they behaved. We had removed the problem staff, but their reputation remained. Why? well people like to complain and reddit is a place where your complaint can be rewarded with upvotes and viewed as fact. I want to clarify am not trashing on reddit or its community, which I am an active member of, but this is a side effect of it. Also, when I come across people trash talking TG I always try to view things from their perspective, and hey they are playing a slightly different game than us. The thing about this game is that its so expansive that you get to play by your own rules, and our rules differ from most of the communities. Where a trash talking is quite glorified in the other parts of community we don't tolerate it, or where we view the necessity of actual extractions rather than suicide missions we play a slightly different game than many others. So when somebody talks about how bad we are I take a step back and compare their views with my own. I find that the respectful and realism thing we got going here is what fits me best. Thats not to say the other communities are wrong in the way they play, but just don't fit me as well as this one does. In the end of the day thats all we can do, find where we feel comfortable and hunker down.
          "It's ok to be scared, I am all the time. The key is not to let anyone see it."

Comment

Plebbit. 'Nuff said.
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

the only reason i can think of is our frequently used tactic of deploying out into hillsides with av nests. A lot of vehicle players are annoyed by it but sometimes its the only way to properly counter an armour zerg.

Comment

Im just posting to get my post count up

Comment

My view is, we play our style, regardless of other people and their views.
                  We have no hard feelings towards any outfit, and anyone is welcome to join our public squads if they want to play our style. We use command chat when we have a leader on who wants to do so, and work with other outfits when we can.
                  We treat our fellow NC, and indeed even the TR and VS, with respect, as required by the Primer.
                  If despite all of that someone still dislikes us, there is not much we can do about it.
                  The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Doesn't every outfit get flak for one reason or the other? We do our fair share of it in game against other outfits.

TG doesn't play to please the meta; TG plays to please itself.

On one hand I can understand why sometimes groups get anxious about the larger outfits not 'helping' each other or 'playing right' etc. during alerts or other in game Strategic Level events. But that trans-outfit politics system is a whole other segment of this game that I don't feel like dealing with and gives us far too little for whatever cost. If there was an EvE scale Corporation metagame to this it could be worth it, but there isn't.

Comment

Just worry about what this community has to say in reason. That is kids stuff your reading. IF you want to drop 12 maxes for practice to stop a cap and to sync your squad you drop them on a 1-12 fight all night long. Consider it drills for what really has to be done.

P.s. This guy is pretty technical with the physics of game. nice to watch and hope to watch have it in bits. I understand going over rocks but scaling that wall. but it looks like there is no glitching.
                      Last edited by sparhawkxx; 03-13-2016, 04:21 AM.

FUN FUN

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X