Advertizing Planetside2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertizing Planetside2

Can we get a PS2 "advertising" on the front page of tacticalgamer.com ? I see Randy_Shugart posted Star Citizen stuff... can we put up a promo video too to get more Planetmans?

Re: Advertizing Planetside2

That is up to higher administration.

However:
    If someone wants to volunteer to draft the post, I will ask higher admin about it.
    Likely higher admin will have to review and OK the post before it is posted (presuming they are willing to consider it).

What type of information were you thinking of including?
    My personal thought would be something on the new construction system and the influx of new blood it is bringing into the game. Or perhaps a solid war story involving the new construction mechanics.

As for a gameplay video, if we are going to request one be posted, it should probably be one that shows TG doing some tight teamwork. Does anything have a recent video showing both solid TG teamwork and the new construction system that we could use?
    The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

For front page submissions, there is a content submission sub forum -
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forums/406-Submit-Content
      The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

Here is a sample of what I would do:

"Hey fellow soldiers!
        If you want to get into the some of the most large scale combined arms battles that exist in gaming today, why don't you try out Planetside 2! It's a free to play MMO first person shooter with ground and air vehicles and just this month released player base construction for an RTS element that added many new strategies to the game. The servers are full of new people and its a great time to join. TG has an Outfit that would be happy to help you find your way in the game, see us in the forums!.
        Here are a few Videos of sample game play to get a sense of what PS2 is about:
        "
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Jioq4PqrA
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jZ30WSGFWY

And more video options from this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/..._to_draw_your/

Comment

I think it should be more billed as an editorial than a straight barefaced advertisement.

We've got many things to highlight in game content wise and can demonstrate TG squads in embedded videos.

Comment

I think it should be more billed as an editorial than a straight barefaced advertisement.

We've got many things to highlight in game content wise and can demonstrate TG squads in embedded videos.

For one we can advertise double XP!

Comment

First of all, there is a PS2 banner or whatever over on the right hand side right on the front page. I think they did that so new people who found us in game could be directed to the PS2 forums more easily.

However if you are talking about submitting an article for front page consideration, I would echo YT's sentiments above. Come up with some interesting topic or news item to discuss. The new base building meta would be perfect as it is timely and something people might be interested in. I know BigGaayAl is having fun playing Minecraft in Squad, maybe the ability to do some building in PS2 would entice him back for a while. lol

You should also consider the market you are addressing. Other TG members from other games? You may want to mention fireteeams and other tactical elements they might be interested in. Besides that, I would point out as you say large scale battles, combined arms, and all the other cool things that make PS2 unique and why all of us got into it in the first place.

Male your article compelling. Not just another "x reasons why y" advert or click baity content farm article.

At the risk of sounding too full of myself, I might suggest some of my own articles as an example. I think I'm a pretty decent writer, and I've covered a couple topics of timely interest, while putting some of my own personality into it as well. For example, in one I sort of told the story of how I went from thinking all thee SC backers were crazy, to becoming one myself. lol

Feel free to PM me (or any others you respect and value their opinion) with any drafts and to get feedback before submitting. As one of my college professors told me once "Write your paper, then stick it in a drawer for a few days. When you pull it out and look at it again, you will be amazed at how bad it is and now many more improvements you can make." lol

At any rate, best of luck, man!
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Well honestly I would rather you take care of it Randy cuz you know what to do :)

Comment

This is a great idea but we have a bigger issue than recruiting and that is squad/platoon leadership. We could up recruiting but it would be a waste if we cant get more people to step up and lead. Our traditional leaders are burnt out, its obvious. These new people will show up and find plenty of people on but nobody stepping up to lead. I feel we need to address this first. Aside from ideas already presented in other threads here on the forums I do not currently have any new ideas to address this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricterr View Post
                    Well honestly I would rather you take care of it Randy cuz you know what to do :)
                    Don't have the time nor energy right now, man, sorry. But if you want to try banging something out about the new construction system, I'd be happy to give it a once-over if you PM it to me. :)

Originally posted by VLAD View Post
                    This is a great idea but we have a bigger issue than recruiting and that is squad/platoon leadership. We could up recruiting but it would be a waste if we cant get more people to step up and lead. Our traditional leaders are burnt out, its obvious. These new people will show up and find plenty of people on but nobody stepping up to lead. I feel we need to address this first. Aside from ideas already presented in other threads here on the forums I do not currently have any new ideas to address this.
                    +1

Well guys, now is your chance! I haven't been in game a lot lately, but if what VLAD says is true, and no one is stepping up, it might be a good time for some new SLs to give it a try. I know the standards are so high in a normal TG squad that you might not want to give it a try, think you might not bee up to snuff with lots of eyes on you, etc. So the thing is, any SL is better than none, and so if no squad is going, get a few people together and just have fun. You will mess up at first, sure. But that's how you learn. :)
                    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm probably old fashioned but I think our current rules about leading requiring Corporals is a big problem as well. I'm not gonna start a squad if I'm unsure of how long I'll be on and most likely disband it.

Comment

Leading only requires corporals if the squad is open. If the squad is closed, anybody can lead.

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                          Leading only requires corporals if the squad is open. If the squad is closed, anybody can lead.
                          "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starstriker1 again."

Most misunderstood and misquoted rule in the Outfit. +1 for raising awareness.

As a matter of fact, I believe you can even run open squads, as long as they are not TG named squads / don't have "show outfit" checked. Unless that has changed. I probably should have another look.

Now all we need to do is get the word out to the rest of the gang that never visits the forum. :)

EDIT: Tried looking up said particulars, but couldn't find them. Now I can't recall where they reside. :/

Comment

Randy is correct.

Anyone can run an open squad, if it is NOT named TG or tagged TG. Anyone can run a TG only closed squad.
                            Only corporals and above can run squads that are both open and named/tagged TG.

So [MENTION=37421]Ytman[/MENTION] you can run an open squad, and will not need to disband it. Name it ""serious fun time" or "fun serious time" or anything else. Just not TG.

Comment

But you said it was bad image if the leading wasn't good enough, giving a bad impression of TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X